Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

Hanson, Inc. makes 1,000 units per year of a part called a

Hanson, Inc. makes 1,000 units per year of a part called a "prositron" for use in one of its products. Data concerning the unit production costs of the prositron follow:

Direct Materials $342

Direct Labor 80

Variable Manufacturing OH 48

Fixed Manufacturing OH 520

Total $990

An outside supplier has offered to sell Hanson, Inc. all of the prositrons it requires. If Hanson, Inc. decided to discontinue making the prositrons, 10% of the above fixed manufacturing overhead costs could be avoided.

Required: Assume Hanson, Inc. has no alternative use for the facilities presently devoted to production of the prositrons. If the outside supplier offers to sell the prositrons for $850 each, should Hanson, Inc. accept the offer? Fully support your answer with appropriate calculations.
Hi Customer

Welcome to JA and thanks for requesting.

Please Click here for Solution

Please note that I get credit for my work only when you click accept.

If you like my work you can request me in future by writing "FOR LINDA" in front of your post.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the 52 is what I'm not understanding. I thought the 10% is what be removed, not what is remaining. I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, I just want to make certain its correct and i will gladly leave positive feedback and accept
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the explanation. I have 2 more questions that I would prefer you answer since you clearly have a grasp for this subject. I will place "for linda" in front of the next 2 questions unless there is an easier way.
Thats the best way. I am waiting for your questions.