10. Comma splice
11. Sentence fragment
12. Run-on sentence
13. Complete sentence (no errors)
14. pronoun shift in person
15. No error
16. No error
17. Ambiguous reference
19. Ambiguous reference
20. Only C
21. Only B
22. Only A
24. no error
27. had become
33. he or she/his or her
35. There are two reasons I like swimming. It is fun and it is good exercise.
36. The White Sox are really good at the fundamentals of baseball. That is why they won the World Series in 2005.
37. Studying is hard work, so many students find they study better when they take regular breaks.
38. Mary realized she had forgotten her notebook. She had left it in her friend's truck.
39. Some tests are so hard that no one does well on them. Other tests are too easy and don't really test comprehension.
40. Shannon left her books on the table, then she went to power up her computer.
41. One of my friends wants to attend my graduation ceremony.
42. Seven cats, two monkeys, and a dog play in the store window.
43. When a police officer fires his or her gun, he or she must fill out a lot of paperwork.
44. When a teacher writes an exam, he or she thinks about what aspects of student learning they want to test.
45. The hurricane destroyed some oil rigs, and fuel prices rose.
46. People know they are going to have to retire, but they often don't save enough money to do so comfortably.
47. "Have you ever read the story "Ransom of Red Chief" by O'Henry?" Dave asked
48. "Did the professor say, "Put down your pencils."?" Janice asked.
49. To succeed in the new economy, workers will have to learn throughout their careers, adapt to changing circumstances, and motivate themselves.
50. Some students hate math, some students dislike math, and some students like math.
Hope this helps!
Edited by Chris M. on 10/18/2010 at 1:58 AM EST