Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

exam answer for 500845

1. When Chesebrough-Ponds Inc uses people and machinery to convert materials such as water, aloe vera gel, and mineral oil into Hand and Nail Formula lotion, Chesebrough-Pond’s Inc is involved in
A. creating time utility
B. distribution
C. production
D. process utility

2. The team concept, when using technology to combine the talents of geographically or organizationally dispersed workers, is called _________ team.
A. cross-functional
B. virtual
C. self-managed
D. remote

3. Which of the following transactions takes place in the primary market?
A. buying 100 shares of Microsoft on the Nasdaq Stock Market
B. buying a corporate bond that was issued in1990
C. selling 100 shares of Merck on the New York Stock Exchange
D. buying a treasury bond directly from the Treasury

4. Which of the following new securites issues would likely have the highest underwriting discount?
A. a bond issued by the City of Denver
B. a bond issued by DuPont
C. a US Treasury bond
D. shares of a start-up biotech firm

5. Many developing nations have lower per capita incomes than highly developed countries. This fact
A. indicates that they represent an insignificant market for most products
B. means that the developing nations are unlikely to experience much economic growth
C. does not mean there is little opportunity for sales
D. means that they are only likely to purchase low-tech merchandise

FILL IN THE BLANK

1. Financial statements are prepared according to __________.
2. A claim against a firm’s assets by a creditor is a/ an_________.
3. ___________ is a situation in which there is a decline in the purchasing power of the dollar.
4. Some firms measure social performance by conducting ____________.
5. ______________is a job design change that expands an employee’s duties and responsibilities

Read more: Multiple-Choice 1. When Chesebrough-Ponds Inc ... - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1szf1-multiple-choice-1-when-chesebrough-ponds-inc-uses-people#ixzz12AxhKNJQ
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Customer,

Multiple choice:

1. C. production

2. B. virtual

3. D. buying a treasury bond directly from the Treasury

4. D. shares of a start-up biotech firm

5. C. does not mean there is little opportunity for sales

Fill in the blank:

1. generally accepted accounting standards

2. liability

3. Inflation

4. social audits

5. Job enlargement

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. You've been parachuted into McDonald's restaurant corporation as the brand new manager for the Big Mac. Your objective is to grow sales of the brand faster than any other competitor's product (burger and nonburger fast food). Outline your marketing strategy to achieve this objective.

2. You've started a new company and sales have grown to $50 million. You own 65 percent of current equity. The company is well positioned to take advantage of forthcoming market trends. However, you know that in order to capitalize on this you must expand rapidly within existing markets and internationally. Outline the options for financing your expansion. Discuss how this decision will impact your company in financial and cultural terms.

3. How is conducting business in the rellationship era similar to and different from the way business was conducted in the colonial, Industrial Revolution, entrepreneur, and production eras?

PART B: SHORT ANSWER: Answer each of the following questions in one or two sentences.

1. Assume fixed costs equal $300,000. The price per unit equals $10 and the variable cost per unit equals $7. Find the breakeven point in terms of both units sold and sales revenue.

2. Describe the major differences between the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ stock market.

3. Explain what is meant by team cohesiveness. Why is a cohesive team important?

4. What are the major stages of the product life cycle? What is the concept of a product life cycle so important to marketing planners?

5. Explain the key differences between employee stock ownership plans and employee stock option plans.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Customer,

Please repost this as a new question and give it a value that you feel is appropriate.

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you plz help me with these question here but i dont have any funds tho it will really really be helpfull.

3- How is conducting business in the relationship era similar to and different from the way business was conducted in the colonial, industrial revolution, entrepreneur, and production eras?

PART B: ANSWER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE TO TWO SENTENCES EACH.

1- Assume fixed costs equal $300,000. The price per unit equals $10 and the variable cost per unit equals $7. Find the breakeven point in terms of both units sold and sales revenue.

2- Describe the major differences between the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ Stock Market.

3- Explain what is meant by team cohesiveness. Why is a cohesive team important?

4- What are the major stages of the product life cycle? Why is the concept of a product life cycle so important to marketing planners?

5- Explain the key differenced between employee stock ownership plans and employee stock option plans.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

Hello Customer,

I'm sorry, I don't really have the expertise to assist with all these. If you are able to add funds, make a new post of this question and assign it an appropriate value.

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok how about just helpin with just one question only

You've started a new company and sales have grown to $50 million. You own 65% of current equity. The company is well positioned to take advantage of the forthcoming market trends. However, you know that in order to capitalize on this you must expand rapidly within existing markets and internationally. Outline the options for financing your expansion. Discuss how this decision will impact your company in financial and cultural terms.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.