R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

What is the average literacy rate of countries with low economic

What is the average literacy rate of countries with low economic indicators and their corresponding gross domestic product per capita? Using the below hypothesis test, describe the results of your test and explain how the findings from this hypothesis testing may be used to answer the above question. Please respond in 400-500 words.

GDP - real growth rate Rank Percent Change Date of Information
2003 4.30 % 54 2002 est.
2004 8.30 % 16 93.02 % 2003 est.
2005 6.20 % 43 -25.30 % 2004 est.
2006 8.40 % 24 35.48 % 2005 est.
2007 9.20 % 23 9.52 % 2006 est.
2008 9.00 % 23 -2.17 % 2007 est.
2009 7.40 % 28 -17.78 % 2008 est.

GDP - real growth rate: 6.5% (2009 est.) 7.4% (2008 est.) 9% (2007 est.)
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

Is there some data table for literacy rates and GDP per capita for different countries ? If there is an excel file, please upload it at and post the share link.
Also, is the hypothesis statement given or you've to formulate one ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hope these help:

The team helped formulate the hypothesis statement so all I have to do is try and describe and explain the outcome in 400-500 words.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
Alright. If you only need 500-words description, please let me know what was the hypothesis statement formulated by your team, and what tests were carried out and the what was the test ouput. If your team hasn't completed any of these steps, let me know.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This is all I have received from the team:

"What is the average literacy rate of countries with low economic indicators and their corresponding gross domestic product per capita?"

The hypothesis test should have been on the last response. I need this paper in about an hour so whatever you can put together would be great. I would feel comfortable submitting 375-400 words. As long as I can have it soon! Hope this helps. Thank you!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
A hypothesis statement should be like

"GDP of a country decreases as literacy rate decreases."

The statement that you received from the team as a single fixed value and can't be "tested". To make a testable hypothesis, you've to propose something, and then statistically test it. I could be more clear on what your team did and how if you could upload the paper. Like I see in excel, only descriptive statistics is there, no tests carried out.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, lets try this:

This must be 'why' I'm having so many problems.... ; )

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
I see no hypothesis statement neither test in this paper. This paper is only about descriptive statistics.
I guess you'd need to propose a hypothesis statement first, like my example above, then carry out tests, and then describe the result and conclusion.

In this case your team's research question would be "Whether GDP of a country decreases as the literacy rate decreases"

Let me know if you want me to proceed with this.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yeah, please! Just do what you can with what you have. I just need something to post in an hour or so. Sorry! Wish I had something else to give you. I thought I was losing it....
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.