Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

MGT 325 Module 6 Spreadsheet Exam Part A COMPREHENSIVE

MGT 325 Module 6 Spreadsheet Exam Part A

COMPREHENSIVE CHAPTER 12 & 13 PROBLEMS
MONARCH CORPORATION IS GOING TO START A NEW PRODUCT LINE OF PRODUCTS IN A WHOLE NEW MARKET.
THE DATA FOR ANALYSIS IS PRESENTED BELOW:

COST OF THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED $194,000 FIVE YEAR PROPERTY FOR TAX DEPRECIATION
NEW WORKING CAPITAL NEEDS $50,000 WILL BE RECOVERED AT THE END OF THE THIRD YEAR
PROJECTED NEW REVENUES:
SALES PROBABILITY
$200,000 30%
$250,000 50%
$300,000 20%
COST OF GOOD SOLD 30% OF SALES
VARIABLE CASH COSTS 10% OF SALES
ANNUAL FIXED CASH COSTS:
RENT $50,000
CLEANING $20,000
MAINTENANCE & OTHER $10,000
TOTAL FIXED COSTS $80,000
EQUIPMENT DISPOSAL PROCEEDS $19,400 SALVAGE VALUE AT THE END OF YEAR 6
FIRM'S COST OF CAPITAL 12.00%
TAX RATE 35%
NOTE - WHEN COMPUTING TAX, A NET LOSS FOR THE YEAR MEANS A POSITIVE TAX SAVINGS IS CREATED
SINCE THERE IS OTHER INCOME TAX ON OTHER INCOME TO OFFSET.
DEPRECIATION RATES FOR TAX PURPOSES:
YEAR ONE 20.00%
YEAR TWO 32.00%
YEAR THREE 19.20%
YEAR FOUR 11.50%
YEAR FIVE 11.50%
YEAR SIX 5.80%
ASSUMPTIONS:
ALL CASH FLOWS IN YEARS 1-6 OCCUR AT THE END OF THE YEAR. ALL INITIAL CASH INFLOWS OR
OUTFLOWS OCCUR TODAY.

REQUIRED:
A. ASSUMING SALES ARE $200,000 COMPUTE THE PAYBACK, IRR AND NPV. FOR THE NPV, COMPUTE
AT BOTH THE FIRM'S DISCOUNT RATE AND 16%, WHICH IS A 4% PREMIUM ADDED TO THE RATE.
B. COPY THE WHOLE WORKSHEET AND SOLUTIONS FOR PART A TO THE WORKSHEET NAMED PART B,
AND REDO THE COMPUTATIONS BY CHANGING THE ANNUAL SALES TO $250,000.
C. COPY THE WHOLE WORKSHEET AND SOLUTIONS FOR PART A TO THE WORKSHEET NAMED PART C,
AND REDO THE COMPUTATIONS BY CHANGING THE ANNUAL SALES TO $300,000.

You should place your answers in each of the boxes shown below color-coded in Yellow color.

PART A
YEARS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
INITIAL INVESTMENT (NO INCOME TAX AFFECTS)
COST OF THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED $
WORKING CAPITAL NEEDS
TOTAL INITIAL INVESTMENT

ANNUAL OPERATING RECEIPTS: (using the information given above, fill in the blanks below to determine each year's operating cash flow):
SALES $ $ $ $ $ $
LESS COST OF GOODS SOLD
GROSS PROFIT
LESS VARIABLE COSTS
LESS FIXED COSTS
LESS DEPRECIATION EXPENSE
PROFIT (LOSS) BEFORE TAX
LESS INCOME TAX EXPENSE (BENEFIT)
PROFIT (LOSS) AFTER TAX
PLUS DEPRECIATION EXPENSE
TOTAL OPERATING CASH INFLOWS $ $ $ $ $ $

SALVAGE VALUE ON EQUIPMENT: (figure out the salvage value of the equipment for tax purposes):
PROCEEDS $
LESS TAX BASIS OF EQUIPMENT:
COST
ACCUMULATED DEPRECIATION
TAX BASIS
GAIN ON SALVAGE
LESS INCOME TAX ON SALVAGE GAIN
NET PROCEEDS ON SALVAGE AFTER TAXES $

RELEASE OF ORIGINAL WORKING CAPITAL NEEDS (NO TAX AFFECT) $

TOTAL CASH INFLOWS (OUTFLOWS)
CUMULATIVE CASH INFLOWS (OUTFLOWS)

THREE METHODS OF EVALUATION:
PAYBACK PERIOD YEARS (round to 2 decimal places).
INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN Answer is in %-2 decimal places please.
NET PRESENT VALUE AT 12.00% Answer is in $-round answer to nearest dollar.
NET PRESENT VALUE AT 16.00% Answer is in $-round answer to nearest dollar.

Note: Pages 375-380 in your course textbook show you how to calculate the Payback Period, the Internal Rate of Return, and the NPV.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Linda :

Hi JACUSTOMER

Linda :

I can help you with this question. Whats your deadline for this question?

Expert:  Linda_us replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 4 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER

Please don't click accept button as I am yet to provide the solution for the question.

Also if you have any model spreadsheet please upload that.

There was some issue with the system so the info request was posted as solution, I have already requested moderator to look into it.

Regards

Linda

Edited by Linda on 10/5/2010 at 8:46 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not have a model spreadsheet for the problem and my deadline is Thursday. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)