Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor, Teacher, Author,
Experience:  B.S. & M.Th., CAO, Principal and Dean

Why did Martin Luther succeed where the Cathars and Jan Hus

Why did Martin Luther succeed where the Cathars and Jan Hus did not?
Hi, JACustomer,

Edited by Academic Tutor on 10/1/2010 at 6:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Need more history on the movement - can you help me?  Also, have 2 more questions - Why did the Spanish succeed in colonizing the New World and not the Vikings? and Discuss the differences between Eastern and Western Christianity.  Which, your opinion, was the more idea arrangement?
Need more history on the movement - can you help me?

I would be glad to help. To which movement are you referring? The Lutherans, the Cathari, or the Hussites?

I will also help with the other questions as long as we have time to work on them.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I'm comparing the three; why did the Cathanri and Hussites lag or detiorate when Martin Luther beside being politically connected and denying that part of his exposure was so easily a follower and the other two were not?
Let me see if I have this right?

What other reasons, besides being politically connected, did Martin Luther do better materially than the Cathari or the Hussites? Is that what you are asking?

What other reasons led to their being a Lutheran church and not a Cathari or Hussite church? Is that another way of asking the question?

In other words, you want more information on the success of the Lutheran organization?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I feel that he had such a following that with his politically connections and his following of people he had a head start, but I wanted to know if I'm missing something besides those two facts?
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.