Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

4-5 Body Pages Details The Dulac Box plant produces wooden

Customer Question

4-5 Body Pages
Details: The Dulac Box plant produces wooden packaging boxes to be used in the local seafood industry. Current operations allow the company to make 500 boxes per day, in two 8-hour shifts (250 boxes per shift). The company has introduced some moderate changes in equipment, and conducted appropriate job training, so that production levels have risen to 300 boxes per shift. Labor costs average $10 per hour for each of the 5 full-time workers on each shift. Capital costs were previously $3000 per day, and rose to $3200 per day with the equipment modifications. Energy costs were unchanged by the modifications, at $400 per day. You have been asked to prepare a research paper that addresses the following elements:

•What is the firm's multifactor productivity before and after the changes?
•Why is it important to be aware of the productivity changes?
•Analyze implications of changes in the parameters of the productivity calculation.
•Evaluate application of productivity concept in terms of the firm's business operational goals and requirements.
Present your findings as a 4-5 pages Word document formatted in APA style.

Please submit your assignment.

Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:

1.TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
2.ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
3.BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
4.REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey61 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for asking for me, but I'm going to opt out. There are others who can do the financial end for your paper. It's not my specialty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok how about i increase the price
Give me an hour to look at it. When do you need it? It is 10:30 EST on Sunday, Sept. 26 here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sounds good

thank you

I've opted out so that other experts can answer your questions. Really, this is out of my field. Sorry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>4-5 Body Pages Details: The Dulac Box plant produces wooden packaging boxes to be used in the local seafood industry. Current operations allow the company to make 500 boxes per day, in two 8-hour shifts (250 boxes per shift). The company has introduced some moderate changes in equipment, and conducted appropriate job training, so that production levels have risen to 300 boxes per shift. Labor costs average $10 per hour for each of the 5 full-time workers on each shift. Capital costs were previously $3000 per day, and rose to $3200 per day with the equipment modifications. Energy costs were unchanged by the modifications, at $400 per day. You have been asked to prepare a research paper that addresses the following elements: </p><ul class="unIndentedList"><li>What is the firm's multifactor productivity before and after the changes? Why is it important to be aware of the productivity changes? Analyze implications of changes in the parameters of the productivity calculation. Evaluate application of productivity concept in terms of the firm's business operational goals and requirements. Present your findings as a 4-5 pages Word document formatted in APA style. Please submit your assignment. Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following: 1.TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS 2.ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper...not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice. 3.BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. 4.REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation. <br /><br /></li></ul>
There is no need to reply to this. I am opting out for other experts to handle. If you reply it goes back to me. Thanks, anyway. Judy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please close question above and look at following question:

It is time for you to finalize your findings for your boss. He is expecting your analysis of your division's operations and to produce a plan to improve operations with an eye for reducing costs.

Your boss wants you to summarize your recommendations in no more than 2-3 pages. Include your thoughts on the list below.

1. Should production remain in Mexico or be brought back to the United States?
    1. If so, where would you recommend?
    2. Is the quality of production a consideration because of cheaper labor in Mexico?
    3. Could the quality of production be managed and monitored better if it was in the United States?
    4. Do transportation costs play a big enough factor to consider moving back to the United States?
  2. Should the product distribution network be changed? For example:
    1. Production in Mexico, central warehouse (NAW) in St. Louis, regional distribution centers in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, and California.
    2. Close NAW, ship from Mexico directly to regional distribution centers listed in letter "a" above.
    3. Close NAW, create a new central warehouse in Texas near the Mexico plant, ship to regional distribution centers in letter "a" above (with a distribution center in St. Louis/Chicago region).
    4. Close NAW, create a new central warehouse in Texas near the Mexico plant, ship directly to customers.
    5. Hire a professional distribution company to handle distribution.
  3. Can the sales forecast process be improved? If so, how?

To review the company scenario

You are the Operations Manager for a $50,000,000 (sales) subsidiary of a $750,000,000

corporation. You report to the Divisional Vice President. Your division produces industrial

products that are used in the construction, maintenance, transportation, and equipment

manufacturing industries. The other two divisions in your corporation serve the automotive and

electronics industries. A few products are cross-marketed.

Your division is currently number three in your market place. The number one firm has about

60% of the market, the number two firm has about 25% of the market, and you have about 15%

of the market.

Your products are often used in human safety applications, so product quality is paramount.

Neither you nor your competitors have a competitive quality advantage, nor a distinct production

cost advantage. Being number three in the market place has meant that your division must excel

in customer service and delivery reliability.

Over 90% of your sales come through manufacturing representatives to regional distributors who

hold inventory of your most popular products in limited quantities. To keep your distributors loyal,

your company works very hard on customer service.

Your division currently has about 4,000 products in your catalog. About 1,200 items are "in-stock"

(MTS, Make-to-Stock) items. The remaining 2,800 items are "non-stock" items that can be

considered to be Make-To-Order (MTO). The MTO items are not stocked but are manufactured

if, and only if, an order for them is received.

Your division promises to ship all "in-stock" items within 24 hours of receiving the order. If the

order is received by noon, the order is shipped that day. Because most of your orders are small

and are delivered to diverse addresses, UPS is the preferred shipping mode.

In contrast, your two sister divisions operate on a much longer lead-time and ship in

comparatively larger quantities. They tend to operate much more in the MTO mode and do not

offer the fast 24-hour shipping responses that your division does.

The corporate headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri, where the company was founded in the

1910s. You are located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, where manufacturing operations were

moved in the 1950s to exploit the lower labor costs. The corporate North American Warehouse

(NAW) is located in a western suburb of St. Louis to be near the St. Louis airport. Virtually all

shipments to customers are made from the NAW. Several years ago, to stay competitive,

production operations started to shift from the Cape Girardeau location to a plant in Mexico. The

shift to Mexico has been successful overall, but the plant does not always deliver what is needed

and is sometimes late in delivering parts to the NAW.

The corporation installed SAP several years ago. You have been far too busy to thoroughly

investigate all of the details, but everyone in the organization seems to be satisfied at some level

with the system.

Because you are the STO (Senior Technical Officer) of your division, you also manage the client

support group (located near the St. Louis airport) which consults with clients on selecting which

products to purchase and offers consulting/project management services for installing your

products. Your direct reports include the Plant Manager in Cape Girardeau, the Plant Manager in

Mexico, the Divisional Supply Chain Manager, the Manager of Product Quality Control, and the

Divisional Customer Support Manager. Your chief peers are the Director of Marketing and the

Manager of the Divisional Headquarters staff. Order entry reports to the Director of Marketing.

Purchasing, Accounting, Finance, HR, and IT functions are handled at the corporate level. The

manager of the NAW formally reports to the VP of the automotive division, but he is tasked to

serve all three divisions equitably.

Several months ago, a new CEO took the reigns of your parent company. She is looking to

improve profits, and is tasking all three divisions to reduce costs. For your division, she is

particularly interested in reducing inventory while maintaining (improving) current customer

service levels. She also questions whether having the Customer Support staff centrally located in

St. Louis is really the best way (in terms of cost and service) to service your customers.

Your boss, the Divisional VP, has asked you to put together an analysis of your division's

operations and to produce a plan to improve operations with an eye to reducing costs.

(C)

Hi, sorry about the other one. This one is huge. When is your due date? It will take two days for me as I'm backed up. Judy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what aboout the following:

Part one (3-4 paragraphs)

Your supply chain manager thinks that theories taught in The Goal by Eliayhu Goldratt may have direct applicability to your company and the decisions being made.

Your supply chain manager is probably your most knowledgeable subordinate and is the leading candidate to replace you someday. Because you want to stay a step ahead of him, you decide to study the area, so you go to the library and Internet and begin research.

• Describe the theory of constraints.
  • Read about key elements and applications of Goldratt's theory of constraints. Post, with explanation, at least 3 elements that you found most important and applicable to the company.
    • For example, a plant where every machine is running at 100% utilization is an inefficient plant.

Part Two

According to sociologist, C. Wright Mills, people often believe that their private lives can only be explained in terms of their personal successes and failures. They fail to see the links between their own individual lives and the society around them. The process of interpreting your individual life in the context of your community or the society in which you live is called sociological imagination.

1. Choose ONE of the following issues:
    • Being a homeless person and the broader issue of poverty in society
    • Being unemployed and the impact of unemployment as a broad issue
    • Being an unmarried pregnant teenager and the impact that unmarried teen pregnancy has on society
    • Being an alcoholic or drug addict and the broader impact of alcoholism/drug addiction on society
  2. Use your sociological imagination to discuss the connection between individual experiences and the social impact of the issue you chose
I'm not a big fan of part two. I don't see the connection to the first part. Also, my expertise in sociology is limited to smaller issues.

Are you trying to decide which of the two papers to get assistance on? My time to work on either project is the same. It will take two days as I have others in line before you.

Again, what is the due date for this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tonight

thanks anyways

by the way there is no connections

Shall we close this then?