RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

Your submitted assignment must include a 2 3-page Word document

Customer Question

Your submitted assignment must include a 2–3-page Word document that contains your answers to the 4 questions listed. You must also include a reference list in APA format.

Your firm has been investigating the possibility of locating facilities in an East Asian country such as Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, or Singapore. You have been asked by the chief executive officer (CEO) to research what has been happening in these countries in terms of environmental legislation and laws regarding wages and hours. He has asked you to prepare a report that addresses the following information:

Describe the level of environmental regulation in any 2 of these countries.
Describe the 2 selected countries' versions of wage and working-hour legislation.
Use the Library and other Internet resources to find the legislation for the specific countries.
Select 2 of the 4 East Asian countries to analyze for this assignment. Use the Library and other Internet resources to answer the following questions for each selected country:

What is the country's environmental regulation level?
What kind of legislation has been passed in the country regarding working hours and wages?
Do you think the country's environmental regulation is sufficient? Explain.
Do you feel that the country's hour and wage legislation is ethical? Explain.

Grading:

You will be graded on the accuracy of your answers, the quality of your sources, and your demonstrated understanding of international environmental regulation and business legislation
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

HI Martins, I can complete by Sunday night. Will that work?

thank you,

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, please don't forget, organization, references as the others ones you being really helpful.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

ok, Just got in, I will begin saturday.

thanks,

tm

Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Martins, is there a specific source to use? The answers to your questions are not available from general online sources...

Here is what I have so far?

______________

Malaysia is part of the New Zealand Environmental Law and Regulations which have the following principle guidelines. Each country has agreed to the commitment to implement the policies to respect participating parties own sovereign standards. The governing practices must be in accordance with international environment policy. The laws in place are not for establishing monopoly or special protections. But they are to inform trade partners as well as domestic business and the general public of the established practices for environmental regulations.

Malaysia has a population of over 20 million people. It is one of the top exporters of rubber, timber, natural gas, and petroleum in the world. In addition it is a leader of exports in air conditioners, and electronic semiconductors. Located to the south of Asia, it has experienced tremendous growth and economic success in the early to mid 1990s (. At that time the Growth Domestic Product was as much as 8% annually. However in the late 1990s Asia's financial industry experienced a hit due to a loss in GDP of a huge 7.5% that affected Malaysia.

The working age for Malaysians begins at around 15 years of age and nearly half of the population is considered a part of the workforce. The age of retirement is around 64 years. The majority of workers are in the mid 30s and younger.

Wages and salary for Malaysians are the result of the Employment Act passed in 1955. The Act called for wages to be paid within seven days after a pay period. The ethical considerations of wage and salary requirements are greatly improved over the past ten years. The number of persons employed in the industry has decreased over the years to around 18% by 1999. Manufacturing employment has grown on the other hand to around 22.5% of the workforce by 1999. The labor has shifted to manufacturing from agrilculture, forestry, and the fishing industry. Other areas of increase are the business, real estate and financial industries. Singapore also employs Malaysian workers who commute (New Strait Times, 1997). Workers are allowed to migrate to an area where they desire to earn the wages they want.

Singapore is an island surrounded by over 55 smaller islands. The number of people is around three million.

The main industries in Singapore are primarily the commercial and service areas. Supplying outsource services to

other countries around the world. Crude oil, petroleum and natural gas are the main exports of the country.

The Environmental Impact Assessment currently focuses on the following areas. Environmental Protection, which is focused

on managing resources to facilitate asbestos removal, construction workers, waste, Emissions, and handling hazardous contaminants.

Under Fuel Efficiency there are the low carbon iniatives, solar technology, bio energy, and wind power development.

The SEI also coordinates training in all areas of environmental awareness and development for government, industrial workers, and academic advancement. Thereby supplying the latest information for better decision making.

Wages for engineering is $3,600 gross each month. Wages for the average office worker is about $1,570 monthly. Wages for a car mechanic

would be $1,350 monthly and for a Physician $7,600 each month.

http://www.lexadin.nl/wlg/legis/nofr/oeur/lxwemal.htm#Environmental Law

Edited by Toneemarie on 9/20/2010 at 2:27 AM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

HI Martins, please clarify the source for this assignment so that the questions can be addressed effectively...

The questions do not appear relavant to each other. First talking about environment then wages and salary? Please give more background.

thanks

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 9/20/2010 at 2:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Use the Library and other Internet resources that is all he mentioned about sources
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

ok, is the above the type of info expected?
I feel like it is not related to your subject...

The subject is too broad..

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just try to address the questions as best as possible. thank u tm
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you forgot the link so i can accept your answer how do i do it?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hey, i am back i just posted a new question...can you help?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi there I have access to answer questions in homework category only...

If you like, you can have moderator move the question to this category.

thanks

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 10/26/2010 at 6:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how can i get in touch with a moderator?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

hi, go to the top of the other post and click the report box it has a number of options. One of them is 'miscategorized another is 'send to category moderator. A note to either to move the post would probably work.

I will check back this pm.

thanks,

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hey i already changed the category to homework can you do it?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Martins. I cant access the question?

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
why not?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

It was closed.

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it open now?