Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress:

Customer Question

HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 1) ____________ are internal states that focus on particular aspects of or objects in the environment. A. Concepts B. Abilities C. Attitudes D. Values 2) Inventory shrinkages and accidents pertain to which component of direct costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress? A. Communication breakdowns B. Loss of vitality C. Performance on the job D. Participation and membership 3) Distrust, disrespect, and animosity pertain to which component of indirect costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress? A. Communication breakdowns B. Performance on the job C. Participation and membership D. Quality of work relations 4) Title VII is most relevant to the employment context because it __________on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in all aspects of employment. A. prevents layoffs B. eliminates nepotism C. prohibits discrimination D. encourages advancement 5) Thousands of equal-pay suits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed. A. Americans with disabilities B. the elderly C. African Americans D. women 6) The Thirteenth Amendment A. prohibits each government in the U.S. to stop a citizen from voting based on race B. prohibits the denial, termination, or suspension of government contracts C. prohibits slavery and involuntary servitude D. guarantees equal protection of the law for all citizens 7) Which of the following would you associate with managing diversity? A. Quantitative B. Internally focused C. Government initiated D. Assumes integration 8) _____________ is an inevitable byproduct of teamwork, especially when teams are drawn from a diverse base of employees. A. Declining productivity B. Discrimination C. Diversity D. Intolerance 9) Which of the following observations is correct? A. Diversity is quantitative and affirmative action is qualitative. B. Diversity is proactive and affirmative action is reactive. C. Diversity is problem focused and affirmative action is opportunity focused. D. Diversity is government initiated and affirmative action is voluntary. HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 10) Which of the following defines the crucial elements for a strategy's success? A. Strategy analysis B. Strategy formulation C. Strategy facilitation D. Strategy implementation 11) How does a mission statement differ from a vision statement? A. The mission statement includes the result of an analysis of the future availability of labor and also future labor requirements. B. The mission statement is an effort to anticipate future business and environmental demands on an organization, and to provide qualified people to fulfill that business and satisfy those demands. C. The mission statement typically includes a fairly substantial effort to establish some direct line-of-sight between individual competency requirements and the broader goals of an organization. D. The mission statement includes the purpose of the company as well as the basis of competition and competitive advantage. 12) "To be the world's best quick-service restaurant" is an example of a(n) A. vision statement B. code of ethics C. organizational charter D. mission statement 13) Which of the following statements about a company using a passive nondiscrimination posture is true? A. It systematically favors women and minorities in hiring and promotion decisions. B. No attempt is made by the company to recruit actively among prospective minority applicants. C. It is a concerted effort by the organization to actively expand the pool of applicants so that no one is excluded because of past or present discrimination. D. This posture recognizes that discriminatory practices in the past may block prospective applicants from seeking present job opportunities. 14) The step following recruitment is _____, which is basically a rapid, rough "selection" process. A. workforce planning B. orientation C. performance management D. initial screening 15) Instances where employees are selected specifically to fill certain positions are called _____ selection or placement programs. A. focused B. one-shot C. rapid D. one-chance 16) Organizations in the high-growth stage focus on A. the maintenance of market share B. extreme cost control C. cost reductions through economies of scale D. refining and extending product lines 17) Organizations that are in the embryonic stage are characterized by all of the following EXCEPT A. heavy emphasis on product engineering B. high growth rates C. significant customer loyalty D. basic product lines 18) Individuals who fit best into mature organizations have a(n) _____ style of management. A. laissez-faire B. autocratic C. bureaucratic D. democratic HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 19) Increasing an individual's employability outside the company simultaneously increases his or her job security and desire to stay with the current employer is known as the A. massed practice B. training paradox C. distributed practice D. Pygmalion effect 20) At the structural level, which of the following training issues can be examined? A. Who gets training? B. How can the outcomes of training efforts be evaluated? C. How can the delivery of training programs be structured? D. What types of training seem to yield positive outcomes for organizations? 21) According to the text, the Intel example illustrates how major layoffs can be avoided through a strong in-house A. sexual harassment policy B. wage and benefits package C. worker redeployment policy D. performance management program HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 22) An exercise that is typically done once a year to identify and discuss job-relevant strengths and weaknesses of individuals or work teams is A. performance standard B. performance facilitation C. performance encouragement D. performance appraisal 23) Providing adequate resources to get a job done right and on time, and paying careful attention to selecting employees are parts of A. performance facilitation B. performance encouragement C. performance appraisal D. performance monitoring 24) When there is a clear link between organizational goals and performance standards for a particular job, the appraisal system is said to exhibit A. sensitivity B. reliability C. relevance D. acceptability 25) In managing careers, organizations should A. focus mainly on the needs of minorities and women B. focus primarily on employee needs and aspirations C. allow employees to structure work assignments D. plan for shorter employment relationships 26) The process of moving inside or becoming more involved in a particular organization is A. organizational learning B. integration C. socialization D. organizational entry 27) Traditionally, career success has been defined as A. making higher than expected income B. a satisfying job C. a good relationship with the boss D. occupational advancement HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 28) At a broad level, a(n) _____ includes anything an employee values and desires that an employer is able and willing to offer in exchange for employee contributions. A. merit-pay method B. employee stock ownership plan C. organizational reward system D. competency-based pay system 29) If pay systems are to accomplish the objectives set for them, ultimately they must be perceived as A. relevant and competitive B. immediate and fair C. adequate and equitable D. generous and timely 30) Financial rewards include direct payments plus indirect payments in the form of A. employee benefits B. spot awards C. individual equity D. corporate compensation 31) The benefits of this act are based on a percentage of average weekly earnings and are available for up to 26 weeks. A. Federal Unemployment Tax Act B. Balanced Budget Act C. Administrative Procedure Act D. Social Security Act 32) Plans are known as _____ when the employees share in the cost of the premiums. A. peer participating B. distributive C. share-based D. contributory 33) Which law offers full coverage for retirees, dependent survivors, and disabled persons insured by 40 quarters of payroll taxes on their past earnings or earnings of heads of households? A. Employee Retirement Income Security Act B. Workers' compensation C. Federal Unemployment Tax Act D. Social Security Act HRM/531 Human Capital Management Final Exam Progress: (0/36) 34) _____ justice refers to the quality of interpersonal treatment that employees receive in their everyday work. A. Blind B. Distributive C. Interactional D. Informational 35) Procedural justice affects citizenship behaviors by influencing employees' perceptions of _____, the extent to which the organization values employee's general contributions and cares for their well being. A. organizational support B. nonpunitiveness C. due process D. management accessibility 36) Distributive justice focuses on the fairness of the _____ of decisions. A. responses B. content C. procedures D. outcomes
Category: Homework