RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

4-5 Body Pages Antitrust laws were essentially created to

Customer Question

4-5 Body Pages

Antitrust laws were essentially created to stop businesses that got too large from blocking competition and abusing their power. Mergers and monopolies can limit the choices offered to consumers because smaller businesses are not usually able to compete. Although free and open competition ensures lower prices and new and better products, it has the potential to significantly limit market diversity.

Look at the 2 examples below of how mergers and acquisitions have affected the way in which companies do business.

Read each of the 2 examples below. Decide which one you would like to use for your project and prepare an APA formatted research paper that responds to the aligned questions. Specifically, your paper must:
Identify the two firms with similar problems from different countries
Conduct a comparative analysis of the firms
Analyze political, social, ethical and legal differences and their impact on management decision making
Provide substantive conclusion and recommendations

Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:

1.     TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS

2.     ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper…not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.

3.     BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.

4.     REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.

Example 1

Federal antitrust enforcers are investigating whether a multinational pharmaceutical company has attempted to minimize the impact of generic competition to one of its most profitable prescription drugs. This anti-depressant drug is the company's best seller, with sales last year of $2.11 billion, representing a 22% increase from the year before.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is conducting an investigation to determine whether the company has engaged in activities to prevent generic alternatives to the prescription drug from entering the market. Specifically, the FTC is challenging a practice among brand-name and generic-drug manufacturers to agree to delay the introduction of the lower priced generic drugs to the market.
Answer the following questions:
Why would the drug maker want to stymie generic competition? Explain.
What types of legal barriers to market entry exist?
What are the possible ethical dilemmas present in this example?

Example 2

The boards of 2 major telecommunications companies recently agreed to a $16 billion-dollar merger that would create the world's largest telecommunications company in the world. Although some agree that the synergy between these companies could be dynamic, others feel consumers could ultimately pay the price for the merger depending on which company becomes dominant in the various service areas.
Answer the following questions:
Why do you think consumer advocates have expressed concern over such merger possibilities?
Other than pricing, what are some pitfalls that consumers might have to deal with when 2 major companies merge?
This assignment will be assessed using additional criteria provided here.

references, please original paper. thank you
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I can assist with this question. I can complete by monday pm?

thanks,

toneemarie

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes monday pm works or latest tuesday...
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

Hi Martins, for clarification:

For example #2, I should research two telecom companies from two different countries correct?

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not necessarily it can be from the same country just different companies
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
when u doing the paper, retype the questions, so he can fallow your answers thru the questions he asked.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

sure I'll post with those chgs tuesday.

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
last minute heads up.

Read each of the 2 examples provided. Then, decide which one you would like to use for your project and prepare an APA formatted research paper that responds to the 3 questions being asked. Even though your paper must follow APA format, I require CLEAR organization. Go ahead and use numbers or restate the question.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.

ok, not a problem.

I chose telecommunications.

thanks,

tm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok...it has to be from different countries the companies...my teacher is crazy.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can you work on the other question 3-5 paragraphs?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello how are you doing. i posted a question would like you to do it. let me know if you can?