Hello my good friend! I hope that u enjoyed your break from me? Here is my first assignment; I know that I must post this in a new post, but I am away from actual computer; so I wanted to try and give you a heads up on what you will be working on. Please if you are able to get started, I would reatly appreciate it. I will need week 2 part by Saturday of next week. I wll be posting this for $ 65.00 when I fly back home on Sunday.
- This project is completed in three stages
- The first two assignments (Stages I and II of the project) are worth 100 points each.
- The final project (Stage III) is worth 270 points.
- Stage I is due Week 2
- Stage II is due Week 5
- Stage III, the final project is due Week 7
- Theory: There should be theory provided throughout all stages of this business plan to substantiate decisions made. All theory must be cited following APA format guidelines (APA Manual 5th or 6th edition). Anything copied word for word must be inside quotes and properly cited in text and on the reference list according to APA format guidelines. Any information that is not your own thought (theory) must also be cited. There should be no more than 5% of quoted material (information copied word for word) in any of these three assignments.
- Introduction: The purpose is to: a) introduce the subject and its importance; and b) preview the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered.
- Conclusion: Summarizes the main ideas and major support points from the body of your paper. This is not simply rephrasing the introduction or reviewing what was shared in the paper, but providing a closing paragraph for the reader.
- All papers must follow these formatting guidelines.
- 1 inch margins (on all sides)
- Times New Roman or Arial, size 12 font
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure should be correct.
- Title page includes: 1) title of the document; 2) your name; and 3) Keller Graduate School centered, double spaced.
- Headers are helpful throughout the paper to insure all assignment criteria is included, helps with topical flow, and keeps paper organized.
|Case Scenario: Fictitious Business Description|
Castle's Family Restaurant has eight restaurants in the Northern California area with approximately 300-340 employees. Most of the employees are part time with approximately 40% of them full time. The operations manager, Jay Morgan, also acts as the HR manager and travels to each location each week to take care of scheduling, recruiting, hiring, and answering questions for the employees as needed. He also takes care of payroll using an Excel spreadsheet and has a computer application to print payroll checks. Mr. Morgan approaches you, an HR Consultant, for a proposal. Due to the increase in gasoline costs, he would like to greatly reduce his travel time for visiting each location each week and wonders if there is anything you can suggest to him to help him complete his HR tasks in a cost-effective manner. He hopes there is some way he can do part of his HR tasks from his office instead of traveling to each location.
Stage I (due Week 2)
Using the case scenario above, provide an assessment of the current business. Describe the company in terms of size, type of business, etc. Explain why you think an HRIS is needed. As the owner of your own HR consulting firm, write a 2-4 page paper that includes the following paper headings, which are denoted in call caps.
- BUSINESS ASSESSMENT: The name, type, and size of business you're assisting; make assumptions in your business description using theory as needed and include the information in your paper for this case scenario. These assumptions would include background about a restaurant work environment and industry.
- IDENTIFIED PROBLEMS: Review all HR problems identified. I recommend making a list of HR functions that you believe could be more efficient based on the information provided in the scenario. From that list, choose one HR function for analysis, which will be the main focus for your business plan. You want to explain why you chose that HR function as your first item, substantiate with theory.
- HRIS NEEDS ASSESSMENT: Explain how automation might create a more efficient process from the HR function chosen. How might an HRIS application assist the business?
Stage II (due Week 4)
Provide a detailed description of the HRIS application(s) chosen for the business. What "type" of HRIS might create a more efficient process for the HR function chosen? This is not a copy/paste of information from a vendor web site, but an analysis and business plan to share with your customer. As the owner of your own HR consulting firm, write a 2-4 page paper that includes the following paper headings, which are denoted in call caps.
- HRIS TYPE: Now that you've conducted some research in the previous assignment, you should have a good foundation to take the next step in your business plan. You should have a good review of the scenario, conducted some research on HRIS systems, and now your next step is to choose a type of HRIS. Share the "type" of system you plan to implement to help your customer. This must be substantiated in this paper to your customer from a theoretical perspective.
- HRIS VENDOR CHOICE: Now that you have an HRIS type chosen, you need to now conduct research to find an HRIS vendor. You want to do a compare and contrast in this section of at least two vendors. Then, choose a vendor. Explain why you chose this vendor over another/others. Include the web address and proper citations for the vendor applications compared. You must have theory to support your decision.
Stage III (Final Project, due Week 7)
- At this point of the project, you have identified the problem and a technology solution for the business. Now you want the business accept the idea.
- Using your text, the previous stages completed with feedback provided, and the business plan template (see Doc Sharing), write a business plan to give to your customer, which details the risks, assumptions, impact, etc., of the proposed implementation of the HRIS.
- This stage of the project should be a professional document that you would present to a customer leadership team to accept your business plan.
- See Business Plan Template in Doc Sharing for detail re each section required.
- Do not copy and paste Stage I and Stage II information into this Final Course Project. Stages I and II are considered raw data. You are now finalizing and summarizing. You are applying critical thinking skills to the data you've collected.
- Submit your business plan to the Week 7: Course Project Stage III dropbox by the deadline.