Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris M. Your Own Question
M.S.W. Social Work
Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chris M. is online now
1. After Compaq Computer gathers information related to its
This answer was rated:
1. After Compaq Computer gathers information related to its marketing environment, it attempts to define current environmental changes and predict future changes to determine possible opportunities and threats facing the company. This process is called: (Points: 5)
2. __________ competitors are the most significant to marketers because buyers typically see the different products of these firms as direct substitutes for each other. (Points: 5)
3. Which one of the following attributes of a Toyota Camry would be appropriate to emphasize in television commercials during an economic recession? (Points: 5)
4. Which one of the following companies would probably be most interested in tracking discretionary income levels of its consumers? (Points: 5)
Safeway food stores
Gulf States Utilities
5. Consumer protection legislation deals with all of the following areas except which one? (Points: 5)
Sales of hazardous products
6. Which one of the following is the best example of utilizing technology to improve consumer relationships? (Points: 5)
Waiters recording orders on hand-held computers
Surveying customers to determine their needs
Responding to changes in competitors' prices
Introducing stringent packaging standards
7. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has demonstrated against the sale of coats made of animal furs. This group's efforts to change shoppers' attitudes represents a/an __________ force for fur retailers. (Points: 5)
8. XYZ, Inc. is evaluating its employees' wage and compensation package. XYZ is addressing which dimension of marketing citizenship and social responsibility? (Points: 5)
9. The close relationship between Home Depot's philanthropic efforts and its overall business goals is an example of: (Points: 5)
10. When marketers' activities deviate from accepted standards: (Points: 5)
customer dissatisfaction can occur.
marketing exchanges are helped.
consumers try to further their own interests.
it is viewed as a necessary part of doing business.
11. A cereal company advertises that its newest product can lower cholesterol even though the company cannot prove this claim. This situation likely involves an ethical issue related to which element of the marketing mix? (Points: 5)
12. In response to organizational pressure to perform, Barry used a deceptive sales tactic to obtain a major sales contract. He was surprised that not only was he not punished for his behavior, but in fact, he received a substantial bonus for securing the contract. If given the same opportunity in the future, Barry will most likely: (Points: 5)
report his employer to the industry's trade association.
express his discomfort with the situation to his supervisor.
not use the same sales tactic again, knowing it to be unethical.
use the same sales tactic again, knowing he got away with it.
13. Organizations that incorporate ethics and social responsibility into their strategic plans are likely to experience: (Points: 5)
improved marketing performance.
14. International marketing always involves: (Points: 5)
developing marketing strategies for the entire world or major regions of the world outside the domestic country.
developing and performing marketing activities across national boundaries.
exporting goods and services.
having firms with operations or subsidiaries located in many countries.
15. McDonald's markets beefless burgers in India because India's Hindu population considers the eating of beef to be taboo. This illustrates differences in: (Points: 5)
cultural and social forces.
political and legal forces.
16. Caterpillar would look to which of the following factors to determine how trade barriers would affect its ability to market construction equipment in various countries? (Points: 5)
Political, legal, and economic forces
Social and technological forces
Technological and economic forces
17. Wal-Mart is currently expanding its stores into Canada and Mexico. This expansion is being facilitated by the: (Points: 5)
North American Free Trade Agreement.
Pacific Rim Unification Act.
International Retail Alliance Association.
18. The president of Johnston Chemicals is very excited about the possibility of the firm's British subsidiary having access to all of the European Union. He realizes that it will be some time before this area truly becomes one market, primarily because of differences in which one of the following factors? (Points: 5)
19. Nuhitzu believes it has the technological expertise to produce communication systems that will be leaders around the globe. Boston Electronics is widely regarded as having excellent management systems and superior marketing programs. The two might form a/an __________ to work together on a worldwide basis. (Points: 5)
export trading company
20. Levi Strauss markets its blue jeans in many countries, developing its marketing strategy as if the world were a single entity. This approach to selling a standardized product in foreign countries represents which level of international marketing? (Points: 5)
Globalization of markets
Share this conversation
replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Chris M. and 4 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
Are you available for help on this program again??? I am not
Questions1. The process of random sampling guarantees that
I need the following Questions below answered before Ten
I am currently taking an online paralegal certification
Debbie owned and operated a party supply compa ny called
Statistic 1. Review the levels of measurement terms in the
Managerial Accounting Help!! This project is over job order
I have a similar question for stats just like this and I'm
How do I Create a GUI application named
I am not sure if there is a macro or another approach
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
40 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2017 JustAnswer LLC