gsfdgsdf
gsfdgsdf, Tutor
Experience:  sdgs fsdfasd
29040385

1)What types of produce are grown in your Florida 2)What

1)What types of produce are grown in your Florida?
2)What produce does Florida trade to other countries or other states?
3)How important is trade between states (regions)?
4)How important is global food trade?
5)Would the U.S. survive without global food trade?
6)How does food trade impact the economy in the U.S.?
7)What types of goods other than agricultural products does the United States import and export the most?
Category: Homework
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

1) Coconuts, bananas, mangos, avocados, star fruit, all types of citrus such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes. Almost any vegetable can be grown in Florida depending on which area of the state it is being grown in and what time of year it is.

2) Florida is especially known for exporting oranges and other citrus fruits, but they trade in almost all kinds of produce that they grow.

3) Food trade is extremely important for many reasons. Many states do not have the resources to produce the total amount or types of food needed to support their residents, so they must acquire what they don't have from others. So they will then trade the produce that they do have with other regions. This trade provides them with produce and sometimes money as well and allows their residents to be fed properly. This trade also works to develop bonds between different states that can serve them well in the future; for instance, two states may develop a positive trade relationship that ultimately turns into a political relationship where one state backs another in national matters, such as federal governmental issues.

4) Global food trade is equally important for many of the same reasons. Many countries also do not have the resources to produce the amount or kinds of food needed to support their residents, so they must acquire what they don't have from other countries. As with states, this trade provides them with needed produce. For many countries, food exports are the main economic factor in the success of the country. Without this trade, their economic viability would be seriously compromised. Global food trade is also very important because along with trading food for money, often times food is traded for other needs, such as energy, technology, security, etc., that the particular country might not be capable of providing for themselves. Just as with states, the food trade (and all trade) often works to create political bonds between different countries. For instance, two countries may develop a positive trade relationship that ultimately turns into a political relationship where country backs another in a time of conflict.

5) It's hard to believe that the U.S. would not actually survive without global food trade, but our ability to succeed at the rate that we are used to would be heavily damaged without it. The United States food trade is a large economic success factor for us; for instance, the U.S. controls almost half of the world grain exports. This level of trade provides jobs, money and political influence that is partially responsible for our power position in the world today.

6) Global food trade provides a massive amount of jobs throughout the United States. These jobs allow those employed in the food trade industry to live comfortably and to contribute to the United States economy by making personal purchases, such as clothing, homes, electronics and vacations, which in turn, provides more jobs for the American economy. Our food exports also allow us to negotiate better prices for some our largest exports such as oil.

7) Other than agricultural products, some of the largest United States exports are airplanes and airplane parts, steel, weapons, electronics and services, such as travel and tourism, transportation, architecture and engineering, education and financial services. The U.S. imports many things as well. Our largest imports are oil, cars, medicine, computers, clothing, telecommunications equipment and video equipment.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANK YOU CAN I ASK IF YOU COULD PLEASE JUST GIVE MORE ON QUESTION FIVE MAYBEE MORE EXAMPLES AND MORE FOR QUESTION 2
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Also, Thank you for you answering me you really have been the best by so much of a distance but I just need one more in addition to the above edit request . I oeiginally asked for it but it did not show up on the paper and i had it on my first closed answer that then went to you. When you are finshed with those two questions that you are adding to. I just need 15 produce items sold in miami,florida and can you number them 1-15 and next to each one if you could put were they came from, like what country,state,city. I am new to this but you so far are the only one I am really likeing alot but I really need this with the two additions and it says that in 2hrs my time will run out and I want you to reply back to me.

Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

How does this look?

2) Florida is especially known for exporting oranges and other citrus fruits, but they trade in almost all kinds of produce that they grow. Florida ranks first in the United States in the value of production of oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, sugarcane, squash, watermelons, sweet corn, fresh-market snap beans, fresh-market tomatoes, and fresh-market cucumbers. Florida ranks second in the United States in the value of production of strawberries, bell peppers, and cucumbers for pickles and ranks fourth in the value of production of honey.

5) It's hard to believe that the U.S. would not actually survive without global food trade, but our ability to succeed at the rate that we are used to would be heavily damaged without it. The United States food trade is a large economic success factor for us; for instance, the U.S. controls almost half of the world grain exports. This level of trade provides jobs, money and political influence that is partially responsible for our power position in the world today. If the U.S. were to lose these exports, the resulting loss of jobs and trade power would be devastating. Having said this, I believe that the U.S. would absolutely survive. We are a country that is able to provide all of our absolute necessities, such as food, energy and medicine for ourselves. If we were to lose the food trade, the single largest impact on our economy would be our reduced ability to afford oil.

15 Produce items sold in Miami, FL

1) Papayas - from Belize

2) Avocados - from Florida

3) Starfruit - from southwest Florida

4) Groovy Coconuts - Dominican Republic

5) Ginger - Costa Rica

6) Guava - Florida

7) Habanero - Trinidad, Mexico

8) Key Lime - Mexico

9) Kumquat - Florida

10) Yam - Costa Rica

11) Yuca - Costa Rica

12) Plantain - Ecuador

13) Malanga - Costa Rica

14) Scotch Bonnet Pepper - Trinidad, Mexico

15) Uniq Fruit - Jamaica

Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

I am glad you are happy with what you've seen so far. I hope that the changes will be to your satisfaction. If you need additional assistance, let me know, and if you have other work that want me to specifically look at, just post the question(s) with "for Greg Brungardt" at the beginning so I will be able to easily find them.

Thanks,

-Greg

Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

Thanks,

-Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Greg, I need you to put the brand name of the individual product if you could next to the fruit or veg thank so much
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Greg I just need the companies name/brand name in front of each fruit or veg in the list thank you so much
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

All of the fruits shown are sourced and sold by a company called Brooks Tropicals. I have added this name in front of each fruit in the list.

15 Produce items sold in Miami, FL

1) Brooks Tropicals - Papayas - from Belize

2) Brooks Tropicals - Avocados - from Florida

3) Brooks Tropicals - Starfruit - from southwest Florida

4) Brooks Tropicals - Groovy Coconuts - Dominican Republic

5) Brooks Tropicals - Ginger - Costa Rica

6) Brooks Tropicals - Guava - Florida

7) Brooks Tropicals - Habanero - Trinidad, Mexico

8) Brooks Tropicals - Key Lime - Mexico

9) Brooks Tropicals - Kumquat - Florida

10) Brooks Tropicals - Yam - Costa Rica

11) Brooks Tropicals - Yuca - Costa Rica

12) Brooks Tropicals - Plantain - Ecuador

13) Brooks Tropicals - Malanga - Costa Rica

14) Brooks Tropicals - Scotch Bonnet Pepper - Trinidad, Mexico

15) Brooks Tropicals - Uniq Fruit - Jamaica

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greg, you sai
" If we were to lose the food trade, the single largest impact on our economy would be our reduced ability to afford oil" I just wanted to know why. Could you explain why you believe that about oil.
And also when you said " Florida ranks first in the United States in the value of production of oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, sugarcane, squash, watermelons, sweet corn, fresh-market snap beans, fresh-market tomatoes, and fresh-market cucumbers. Florida ranks second in the United States in the value of production of strawberries, bell peppers, and cucumbers for pickles and ranks fourth in the value of production of honey.

" I felt that the ranking wasn't the question it was 2)What produce does Florida trade to other countries or other states?I was just throuwn off by the way you kept taling about the rankings in production instead of trade maybe you could better word it to relate to the question because I am having trouble with that. thank you so much
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greg, I am sorry I needed different companies not all the same it really needs to be a variety thank you Greg
s,
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

I am enjoying working with you on this, but I don't think it's clear what your needs are. Can you let me know all of the rest of the requirements for the project and then I will complete it for you?

I know that you need different companies for the produce. How many different companies? All 15 or just 2 or 3. That will be a lot of extra research.

I will work on clarifying the other questions as well. Please let me know if there are other concerns, so I can complete this for you quickly.

Thanks,

Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I needed different companies like if you were in a grocery store like Windixie or Publix, a variety. thank you so much
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

I think everything has been answered and fixed now - Thanks.

2) Florida is especially known for exporting oranges and other citrus fruits, but they trade in almost all kinds of produce that they grow. Florida produces more oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, sugarcane, squash, watermelons, sweet corn, fresh-market snap beans, fresh-market tomatoes, and fresh-market cucumbers for export than any other state in the U.S. Strawberries, bell peppers, cucumbers, and honey are other large Florida exports.

5) It's hard to believe that the U.S. would not actually survive without global food trade, but our ability to succeed at the rate that we are used to would be heavily damaged without it. The United States food trade is a large economic success factor for us; for instance, the U.S. controls almost half of the world grain exports. This level of trade provides jobs, money and political influence that is partially responsible for our power position in the world today. If the U.S. were to lose these exports, the resulting loss of jobs and trade power would be devastating. Having said this, I believe that the U.S. would absolutely survive. We are a country that is able to provide all of our absolute necessities, such as food, energy and medicine for ourselves. If we were to lose the food trade, the United States would not have nearly as much money and leverage in the world markets. This would not allow us to import the things that we need the most in the U.S., such as foreign oil. This would be the single largest impact on our economy if U.S. food trade were reduced significantly.

15 Produce items sold in Miami, FL

1) Green Groves - Lychees - from Vietnam

2) Coast Citrus - Avocados - Chile

3) New Limeco - Carambola - Puerto Rico

4) J&C Enterprises - Dry Coconuts - Costa Rica

5) C-Brand Tropicals - Ginger - Costa Rica

6) New Limeco - Habanero Pepper - Mexico

7) Red Dragon Fruit Company - Mango - Mexico

8) C-Brand Tropicals - Key Lime - Mexico

9) Brooks Tropicals - Kumquat - Florida

10) Red Dragon Fruit Company - Thai Guava - Thailand

11) J&C Enterprises - Yuca - Costa Rica

12) New Limeco - Plantain - Ecuador

13) J&C Enterprises - Malanga - Costa Rica

15) Red Dragon Fruit Company - Pearl Dragonfruit - Mexico

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The list is great, also could you give me a list of resources/refrences and if it is not to much put incitations into anywhere you got that information from. I promise Greg thats it and I will definetly be using you again. It means so much
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.
All of this information was gleaned from various web sites. Would you simply like a master list of all of the sites?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just a list of the sites and the incitations just to show where in some areas you got the idea and listed it ,that would really be great and your amazing and done
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

Here are quite a few sites that I used to get some specific facts, but honestly I have a lot of experience and knowledge in domestic and international trade, so a large part of this information was simply from my experience. Thanks. It's been nice working with you.

-Greg

Question 2:

http://www.florida-agriculture.com/agfacts.htm

Florida importers and produce suppliers - used for the list of 15 items:

http://www.florida-agriculture.com/tropical/suppliers.htm

http://www.brookstropicals.com/

http://www.tropiquality.com/

http://www.coasttropical.com/

http://www.green-groves.com/

http://www.jandcenterprises.com/index.htm

http://www.newlimeco.com/

http://www.reddragonfruit.com/

Question 7 - Imports & Exports:

http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top_us_imports.html

http://www.unzco.com/basicguide/c8.html

General U.S. Economic Information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_United_States

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Americas/United-States-of-America.html

Question 3:

http://www.blurtit.com/q581004.html

Question 1:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/flgard/msg0114595626761.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greg, I was hopeing you could apply the intext citations like following the APA guidelines, It is a final Important step. You are always welcome
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.
I must apologize, but I am not familiar with how to do that and would never had presented myself to you as though I new how nor would have accepted your question had I known that was part of your requirements.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is ok Greg well done!
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

I am glad you are happy with it.

And in the future, you will find that you get better service if you are very clear and complete about the requirements from the beginning. That way the person answering you will be able to evaluate the time and skills necessary to do the best job for you.

Anyway, have a great day and good luck with the class.

-Greg

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greg how do I get you when I am looking I was confused
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Greg are you there?
Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.

I am here now. My day is just about to end. It seems kind of difficult to reach a particular person on JustAnswer when you want to. The best way seems to be to simply to start your post with something like "***only for GREG BRUNGARDT*** - I need the following questions answered: blah, blah, blah" That way when I'm looking through the questions I can easily find yours. If you do that though, you will need to post it as early as possible in case I'm not online for awhile. If you have to post something at the last minute and need it fast, I wouldn't wait too long for me to respond because if I'm not online, you might miss your deadline. In this case, you may choose to repost your question for other experts to answer.

You could also email me at hover2gb@yahoo.com to let me know that you posted something for me. I don't think this would violate any of JustAnswer's rules as long as we go through the JustAnswer site to actually get your question answered.

Expert:  gsfdgsdf replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
gsfdgsdf, Tutor
Experience: sdgs fsdfasd