Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

exam 01392900- Advanced Word Processing 1. The preliminary

exam 01392900- Advanced Word Processing:

1. The preliminary pages of a business report include such items as a title page and a table of contents. Which one of the following is also considered part of a report's preliminary pages?
a. Index b. Citations c. Table of Figures d. References

2. If you want a place the faded word "draft" behind the document text in a report that's a collaborative effort in progress, you should insert a
a. pale WordArt and send it to the back b. customized template file c. letterhead with "draft" on it d. watermark as the background

3. You want to send personalized sales announcements to 200 of your best customers, addressed to each one indidually, and include 10% off on their birthdays, which you'll mention in the document. You have a database containing mailing information and birthdays for clients. Which one of the following will be the most efficiant way for you to create the personalized announcement?
a. Template b. Styles c. Mail merge d. Building blocks

4. Gomez wants to create an online application form in which users are able to select the best calender date that they can begin work. He should create a fiels names "Date you can begin employment," and that field should be which one of the following types?
a. Rich text b. Drop-down with date selections c. Checkboxes with possible dates d. Date Picker

5. Four people reviewed a business proposal you prepared. When your document is returned, how much will you identify who reviewed the document to make suggested changes?
a. Each reviewer's changes will be in a different font but won't identify them by name. b. Each reviewer's changes appear inside a coloured balloon containing initials only
c. A reviewing pane lists names and a colour-coded summary of each reviewer's changes
d. Revieweres' names and individual font colour can be seen on the Show Markup dropdown box.

6. You've created a sign-up form for a seminar you're presenting in June. You'll be sending the form as an e-mail attachment to those on your mailing list. Which one of the following is a security measure that will protect your form from unauthorized editing changes?
a. Restrict permissions b. Save the document as read only c. Mark as final d. Create and use a digital signature

7. O'Hara has prepared a monthly report using Word 2007, which will be e-mailed to several individuals who use Word 2003. Toensure that features in the Word 2007 document are not lost or charged when saving as a lower format, O'Hara should use which one of the following Word 2007 features?
a. Compatibility checker b. Inspect document c. Compare the merge d. Save to Appropriate Formats

8. Clark and Jameson share a computer to prepare sensitive personnel documents that are saved on the hard drive. Two other workers also use the same computer from time to time. To allow the personnel documents to be opened and modified only by Clark and Jameson, the should be protected with
a. editing restrictions b. passwords c. formatting restrictions d. mark as final

9. Last month you saved a document containing your personal letterhead with a logo as a template. You remember that you named the document "Heading Style;" however, you see four documents saved with that name. All four have different extentions. Which one of the following contains your letterhead template?
a. Heading Style.docx b. Heading Style.jpeg c. Heading Style.dotx d. Heading Style.htm

10. Lou wishes to post his resume with an online job bank. He has just graduated from college with a degree in marketing. During high school and college, Lou worked part-time at Emerson's Cafe as a server; this is his only work experience. Which one of the following would be the most effective arrangement of his resume?
a. Name and address with contact information, honors, career objective, activities, work experience, education
b. Letterhead, work experience, education, keyword summary, honors, references
c. Career objective, name and address with contact information, honors and activites, education, references
d. Name and address with contact information, career objective, education, special skills, honors, work experience

11. You've designed a letterhead with logo to use for all letters. To make sure that you can use the letterhead design for all letters, create the letterhead as a
a. style b. document files c. template d. autocorrect entry

12. You open one of your documents needed to create a Mail Merge. In the document you find variabled such as client name, city, state and ZIP Code. This document is the
a. record b. main file c. data source d. field holder

13. After sorting data records in descending order by registration number, which one of the following records would be placed last?
a. 0011 b. 0110 c. 0101 d. 0099

14. You use the same distribution list for memos sent to members of a commitee on which you serve. So that you won;t have to key the list everytime that you use it, create a/an
A. style b. content control c. XML file d. building block

15. You just filtered data records in a data source used in a Mail Merge. Which one of the following are your results?
a. Individuals who reside in Birmingham, Alabama
b. Records arranged in ascending order by ZIP Code
c. Corrected ZIP Codes of individuals living in Birmingham, Alabama
d. Deletion of clients residing in Birmingham, Alabama

16. In preparation for a very important meeting that will have media as well as dignitaries in attendance, you should create which one of the follwing documents to inform attendees in advance of the order of events and work to be accomplished during the gathering?
a. agenda b. minutes c. news release d. itinerary

17. You're in the process of creating a Word document in which you want to place an Excel worksheet. You want the worksheet within the Excel document to automatically update whenever you make changed in Excel. Which one of the following should you use?
a. copy and paste b. paste link c. indexing d. cross-reference

18. To use a variety of page numbering styles for the various parts of a lengthy business report, you must use
a. section breaks b. styles c. hyperlinks d. subdocuments

19. Index entries are created by
a. adding cross references b. converting the table of contents c. marking text to be included d. switching to Outline view

20. As a legal assistant, you've been asked to create a document that lists all legal case titles and numbers, courts, and dates for all sources used in a research report about copyright laws regarding use of unauthorized artwork on Web sites. The document you'll create is a
a. bibliography b. table of figures c. table of authorities d. reference pages
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wow, you really helped me alot I have two more exams that I need to finish I hope you can help me with those ones and I can compare my answers to yours and with your help I can really nail this course thank you very much
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.

What is the next exam you need help with?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its internet basics I'm am just typing it out now I will be done shortly
Expert:  Chris M. replied 3 years ago.
OK. Let me know if you need further help.