Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

1. Which of the following is not in the sequence of the fight-or-fligh

Customer Question

<p> </p><p>NEVERMIND, ALREADY ANSWERED. </p><p> </p><p>1. Which of the following is not in the sequence of the fight-or-flight response? (Points: 3) Brain receives and deciphers stimuli from one of the five senses Limbic system releases ACTH from the hypothalamus Body stays keyed up until the threat is over Body returns to homeostasis when the threat is gone 2. This type of stress is most commonly associated with illness and disease. (Points: 3) Eustress Neustress Acute stress Chronic Stress 3. The Yerkes-Dodson principle suggests that: (Points: 3) uplifts balance the daily hassles in life. after a certain point, stress can impede one's performance/health. not enough stressors can put someone at risk for disease. all stress is bad for your overall health. 4. This stressor would be classified as a bioecological influence. (Points: 3) Poor diet Pessimism Inadequate sunlight Massive urban sprawl 5. In his stress theory, Richard Lazarus says that "daily hassles" cause stress. Which is a cause of hassles according to Lazarus? (Points: 3) Poor emotional control Unmet expectations Interactions with idiots High-paced (24-7) society 6. According to research by Holmes and Rahe, a person who scores more than ____ points on the Social Readjustment Rating Scale is quite vulnerable to stress. (Points: 3) 150 points 250 points 100 points 200 points 7. Hans Selye listed this as the first stage of his General Adaptation Syndrome. (Points: 3) Sensory Detection Alarm Resistance Exhaustion 8. It is suggested that attitudes and behaviors about race and gender begin in: (Points: 3) preschool. grade school. middle school. high school. 9. Regarding stress management, the holistic wellness paradigm suggests that: (Points: 3) one should address the causes and the symptoms of stress equally. the whole is equal to the sum of the parts. the Newtonian view of medicine is wrong. one should address the mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical aspects of well-being. all of the above. 10. It is not the situation that one finds oneself in that is stressful, but the perception (interpretation) of the situation that determines one's level of stress. (Points: 2) True False 11. By and large, healing and curing mean the same thing. (Points: 2) True False 12. Emotional well-being is best described as "the ability to feel and express the entire range of emotions but to control them, not be controlled by them." (Points: 2) True False</p>
Category: Homework