Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Hi and thanks sooo much for all your help. If you can please

Hi and thanks sooo much for all your help. If you can please help me with three more of these I would highly appreciate it. This is one of three, and I need it by 8/7/10
Thanks

You have been given the opportunity to assist in the diagnosis of one of Dr. Malfoy’s particularly difficult clients, Brenda. Dr. Malfoy has asked that you read his brief case summary (below) and diagnose Brenda to the best of your ability utilizing the Multi-Axial System of the DSM-IV-TR. For each Axis you must provide a diagnosis AND a justification for that diagnosis.

Case Summary Notes for Brenda, age 34.
Brenda arrived for her session this afternoon 12 minutes late and in her typical state of disarray. She looked as though she hadn’t bathed in several days and was wearing ill-fitting clothing in various states of filth and disrepair. Her hair was uncombed and shoved under a filthy baseball cap. As she sat down, she burst in to tears claiming that “You’ve always been the only one who understands my brand of crazy. I am a complete idiot and I know that the only reason you waste your time on me is because I’m a total loss with nothing good going for me. You are a good person for trying to help me.” It should be noted that every session begins this way as Brenda displays the tendency to display these attention-seeking emotions as a way to gain reassurance.

Brenda also states that she has always had the tendency to need the reassurance of others and is not ashamed to use inappropriate emotional displays to get that reassurance. I began to probe Brenda to get back on track and begin talking about the issues that she believes brought her to my office in the first place, nearly 6 weeks ago. She stated that her friends and family were concerned about her extreme fluctuations in mood. She agreed that there were days she felt “on the top of my game with some of the best and most creative ideas I’ve ever had” that alternated with days where she felt “the most down in the dumps I’ve ever felt…almost like there was nothing left to live for.”

Brenda also complains of physical ailments such as migraine headaches, back pain, and occasional limb numbness. She states that she is receiving medical attention for the headaches and self-medicates the back pain. She expresses some concern about the recent appearance of limb numbness.

XXXXX XXXXXves alone, although receives frequent visits from her mother whom she describes as “a total control freak…she just won’t let me be!” Brenda works part-time for a large fast-food chain and admits to struggling financially. She has no children. Brenda was formerly in a romantic relationship with a man, however he ended the relationship because, “that jerk told me that he couldn’t handle being with such an emotionally needy person” which upon stating Brenda again burst in to tears seeking my reassurance that she was a desirable person.

Now that Brenda is again living alone, a number of her utilities have been turned off because she admits to going out to the clubs at night and spending money with the hopes of finding “Mr. Right.” She worries about losing her job as she has been written up for being late for her morning shifts after nights out on the town.

Enter your diagnoses/justifications on the next page!

Axis I Diagnosis:
Justification:

Axis II Diagnosis:
Justification:

Axis III Diagnosis:
Justification:

Axis IV Diagnosis:
Justification:

Axis V Diagnosis:
Justification:
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

Hello lekpah2008,

When do you need this one. Is there a word-length requirement.

-XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No, no word length requirement. I need it by 8/7/10.

Thanks

Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
OK, I'll have it to you by then. Thanks for the request!
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Did these answers work for you?

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, they did thanks soo much.Smile
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
You're very welcome.