Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chelsea Your Own Question
Professional w/Adv. Degree
5 years of experience in tutoring
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Chelsea is online now
1. Which of the following pain relievers is classified as
1. Which of the following pain relievers is classified as a narcotic?
A. Aspirin B. Acetaminophen with codeine C. Acetaminophen D. Ibuprofen (Motrin) 2. _______ is a heart medicine that's used to treat cardiac arrhythmias. A. Quinidinem B. Codeine C. Aspirin D. Loratadine (Claritin)
3. _______ is classified as a skeletal muscle relaxant and an antianxiety medication. A. Ibuprofen (Motrin) B. Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) C. Diazepam (Valium) D. Methocarbamol (Robaxin) 4. _______ is a popular antiviral drug.
A. Praziquantel (Biltricide) B. Acyclovir (Zovirax) C. Clindamycin (Cleocin)
D. Metronidazole (Flagyl) 5. Angiotensin-2 receptor blockers reduce blood pressure by A. blocking the uptake of calcium. B. preventing vasoconstriction.
C. blocking the release of epinephrine. D. preventing the outflow of large volumes of blood. 6. The adult dosage of acetaminophen over a 24-hour period should not exceed A. 3000 mg. B. 1000 mg. C. 4000 mg. D. 2000 mg.
7. Medications that act on the heart to reduce blood outflow are known as
A. calcium channel blockers. B. beta blockers. C. angiotensin-2 receptor blockers. D. ACE inhibitors. 8. _______ is a decongestant that must be kept behind the pharmacy counter and whose sale is regulated because it can be used to make methamphetamine. A. Dextromethorphan B. Phenylephrine
C. Loratadine D. Pseudoephedrine 9. Which antihypertensive drug belongs to the beta-blocker class of drugs? A. Doxazosin (Cardura) B. Enalapril (Vasotec)
C. Metoprolol (Lopressor) D. Nifedipine (Procardia) 10. If a customer bought an effervescent pain reliever, which component in it produces bubbles?
A. Magnesium hydroxide B. Caffeine C. Sodium bicarbonaten D. Acetaminophen
11. The mineral a patient would take to prevent goiter is A. iodine.
B. phosphorus. C. iron. D. selenium. 12. Which of the following is a proton pump inhibitor that's available without a prescription? A. Omeprazole
B. Ranitidine C. Calcium carbonate D. Famotidine 13. If a patient came into the pharmacy saying the doctor recommended an expectorant, the pharmacist might explain that a productive cough is one that A. increases the propulsive peristaltic activity in the intestine by irritation of the mucosa. B. blocks the effects of histamine. C. halts the formations of prostaglandins. D. removes secretions and phlegm from the lower respiratory tract.
14. Cardiac arrhythmias are most often caused by A. decreased blood flow to the heart. B. enlarged ventricles. C. heart failure. D. disorders of the electrical system of the heart. 15. _______ is an antibacterial used to treat protozoal and anaerobic infections. A. Levaquin B. Floxin C. Vancocin D. Flagyl
16. Suprax belongs to the third generation of what type of drug? A. Statins
B. Cephalosporins C. Penicillins D. Insulins 17. _______ is a cough suppressant that many retailers have elected to sell only to patients aged 18 years and older because it has become a drug of abuse. A. Diphenhydramine
B. Pseudoephedrine C. Guaifenesin D. Dextromethorphan
18. Which of the following is a seizure medication that's also used to treat bipolar disorder? A. Lamotrigine (Lamictal) B. Triazolam (Halcion)
C. Sumatriptan (Imitrex) D. Ondansetron (Zofran)
19. Which of the following drugs is classified as an antianginal?
A. Warfarin (Coumadin) B. Propafenone (Rythmol) C. Nitroglycerin D. Digoxin
20. Which agent would be found in a lotion to treat sunburn? A. Benzocaine
B. Bacitracin C. Calamine D. Miconazole 21. Which of the following is a sleeping pill? A. Sumatriptan (Imitrex) B. Triazolam (Halcion) C. Ondansetron (Zofran) D. Phenytoin (Dilantin) 22. A serious side effect of aminoglycosides is
A. heart failure. B. photophobia. C. deafness. D. shortness of breath.
23. Which drug is classified as a nonsedating antihistamine (H1 blocker)?
A. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) B. Ranitidine (Zantac) C. Loratadine (Claritin)
D. Diazepam (Valium) 24. Which of the following medications is an ACE inhibitor? A. Losartan B. Lisinopril C. Nifedipine D. Atenolol 25. Which of the following belongs to the antiparkinson class of drugs? A. Ropinirole (Requip)
B. Carbamazepine (Tegretol) C. Phenytoin (Dilantin) D. Fluoxetine (Prozac)
26. The administration of aspirin to children has been associated with a serious illness called A. MRSA. B. SIDS C. Brown-Sequard syndrome. D. Reye's syndrome. 27. If a customer bought Tylenol tablets, which analgesic was purchased? A. Acetaminophen B. Aspirin C. Ketoprofen D. Ibuprofen 28. The primary use of topical hydrocortisone is to A. relieve itching. B. hydrate the skin. C. reduce inflammation. D. prevent infection. 29. _______ is a common drug used to treat tuberculosis. A. Quinine B. Vancomycin C. Nystatin (Mycostatin) D. Isoniazid (Nydrazid) 30. Which agent is used to cause expectoration of sputum in cough conditions? A. Chlorpheniramine
B. Oxymetazoline C. Guaifenesin D. Naphazoline
6 years ago.
Share this conversation
replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to
and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply
Chelsea and 2 other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
I have a column that divides j/s. This sometimes results in
Translate the sentence below into English. Pienso que nunca
I need help with my pre-exam for Penn high school this is
Wiz of All
NOT GLENN NOR F. NAZ PLEASE In the story titled "Macbeth" by
Exam Number: 986159RR
Need help with a couple assignment questions
FOR LogicPro Only, I have another database question. Its a
Convert any of your earlier programs that use message boxes
Read the Funeral Oration of Pericles in the Ancient History
Ineed help with chemstry exams, i have a few exams that i
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
30 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2017 JustAnswer LLC