Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Legal and ethical teacher conduct scenario

Customer Question

<p>Jane you answered the following however i purchase but it's pasword protected, please send the password.</p><p>I already purchase locate at least three scenarios related to teacher conduct. Write a XXX-XXXX-word paper analyzing the conduct described using other articles and cases to discuss how the conduct would be judged in regards XXXXX XXXXX behavior, employment issues, and certification. Include a title page and a reference page in APA format. here are scenario: Legal and Ethical Scenarios You are in your second year of teaching in a rural, isolated elementary school. Even though you feel as though you are doing an excellent job using the latest cutting-edge pedagogical methods, you sense that your principal does not like your teaching style even though he has not said so. At the end of the school year, you receive a letter from the district saying that your contract will not be renewed. Is this legal? Why or why not? You teach in a large inner-city elementary school that has experienced many problems often associated with urban blight. Gangs, smoking, alcohol and drugs, sexual harassment, and chronic absenteeism are already a fixture for these children. In an effort to create a safe learning environment, the district has implemented a zero-tolerance policy. In front of your classroom, a sixth grade boy starts an unprovoked fight with another boy. The victim’s front teeth are knocked out. An entire classroom of students and the teacher witness the event. Upon hearing of the assault, the principal immediately suspends the boy for two weeks. He then calls the parents and demands to have the 12 year-old perpetrator removed from the building immediately. Are the principal’s actions correct? One particular fourth grade teacher is a favorite of the school’s students and their parents because she is actively involved with the students during the school day. While on recess duty, this particular teacher always makes it a point to participate with the children in the games that they play. During a kickball game at a 15 minute recess, while the teacher was rolling the ball to the batter, a fight broke out between two students who were not playing the game. One of these student suffered injuries. The parents of the injured student sued the teacher and the school for negligence. They content that the teacher was not properly supervising the children’s activities during recess. Do you agree or disagree with the parent’s view? A second grade teacher suspects that one of her students is a victim of child abuse. The child comes to school with bruises and cuts that are not, in the teacher’s mind, consistent with injuries that second grade students routinely receive. She chose not to report the injuries to her superiors for nearly two weeks. She did confer with another teacher about her concerns. While she was contemplating what action should be taken, the student received a life-altering injury at the hands of an abusive parent. Should the teacher be held liable for not immediately reporting her suspicions? What legal principals should be examined by the courts in assessing this situation? During supervised playtime, prior to school starting in the morning a kindergarten student received a broken arm when she fell 12 feet due to a broken step on the playground equipment. Can the teacher, school, or district be held liable for the student’s injuries? For three consecutive Fridays, a public school first grade teacher has worn a tee-shirt that states in bold letters “I Love Jesus.” When the school principal asks the teacher to not wear religious inscriptions on her apparel again, the teacher states that just because she is entering a school as an employee, her civil rights cannot be stripped away. She threatens a suit against the principal. Does the principal or teacher have legal grounds for his/her assertions? You teach 6 th grade at a small elementary school in a conservative community. It is school policy that at the beginning of the day, all students recite the “Pledge of Allegiance.” A new family moves into town, and their 6 th grade son is in your classroom. He refuses to recite the pledge, and refuses to be in the same room while the recitation is occurring. What ethical and legal considerations should you consider in dealing with this situation? As an elementary teacher who believes that it is important for students to get involved in non-school activities, you are often asked to pass out information promoting Girl Scouts, Little League, and other children activities. You always oblige. Recently you have been asked to distribute materials promoting a Christian after-school kids club that will meet at a neighborhood evangelical church. How should you respond and why? During a 5 th grade social studies exam, a teacher thinks that a student is cheating by looking at another student’s paper across the aisle. The teacher quietly walks over to the student and removes the test. She tears the exam in half and drops it in the waste basket. Upon hearing about this situation, the student’s parents are angry and demand a response from the principal in regards XXXXX XXXXX they view as an improper use of power. What ethical and legal considerations should the principal contemplate when addressing this issue? A divorced, 43 year-old male 4 th grade teacher is assigned a student teacher from the local university. She is 22, pretty, and has an engaging personality. At the end of the first week of the student teaching experience, the cooperating teacher invites the student teacher to have a beer after school to celebrate a successful first week. She declines his offer. At the end of the second week of her student teaching, the cooperating teacher invites her out to dinner so that they can discuss lesson plans for the following week. She again declines his invitation. She then rushes to the university and tells the student teaching coordinator that she will not return to his classroom as she is being sexually harassed. She states that she is contemplating filing charges against the teacher. Is there merit to the student teacher’s allegations? What are the legal and ethical considerations of this situation? How should the university and the elementary school principal deal with this issue? A fourth grade student discovered that an envelope of PTA money that his mother gave him to give to the principal was missing from his backpack while he was in his classroom. The teacher asked everyone in the class to look for the envelope. When it was not found, the teacher requested that everyone empty their backpacks and jackets and be subjected to a search. The envelope of money was still not found. The next day, a set of parents filed a complaint with the school principal protesting the search of their daughter. Was this search reasonable under the circumstances? Why or why not? An elementary teacher becomes a national spokesman for a legalization of marijuana organization. Even though he has 25 years of exemplary evaluations, his employment is terminated after an investigative reporter writes an article on the teacher, exposing his association with this organization. The teacher files a suit claiming his rights were violated. How should the courts rule in this case? What legal considerations would be considered? Even though a school district has a policy that mandates all male teachers must wear ties, a male kindergarten teacher repeatedly violates that policy over the course of his career claiming that dressing formally restricts effective teaching with small children. After 15 years of teaching, he is terminated for insubordination. Does the district have the right to terminate his employment for his repeated violation of its dress code for teachers? What legal considerations need to be examined? A female elementary teacher was fired the week after a picture of her and her female lover as she was participating in a highly controversial same-sex marriage demonstration was exhibited on the front page of the newspaper. The teacher filed a law suit against the district claiming her rights were violated. The district countered that such a public display of homosexuality would inhibit the teacher’s effectiveness. How should the courts rule? What legal considerations should be examined? A teacher complained to her principal that children with disabilities were placed in mainstream classrooms due to a shortage of special education teachers, and that their learning needs were not being met; thus, violating the law. Can the teacher be punished for such an expression? An elementary teacher named George checked out a laptop computer from his schools computer lab so that he could do some work at home. The following week, another teacher used the same laptop computer and noticed that there were numerous clips of pornography saved in a video file on the hard-drive. With the help of the district’s technology specialist, the school principal traced the pornographic images to the week that George had used the computer. George admitted to viewing pornography in the privacy of his own home on the laptop. His employment was immediately terminated. George filed suit. The courts ruled against him. Why? After two convictions of driving while intoxicated, a tenured elementary school teacher was dismissed on grounds of immorality. The teacher argued that the convictions did not relate to teacher effectiveness as her first grade students did not know of her arrests. Will her termination be upheld by the courts? Why or why not? You are a well-respected 5 th grade teacher. The parents of a 4 th grade student (not one of your students) comes to you and ask if you would tutor their son for the academic year. They will pay you $30 per hour and ask for 10 hours of tutoring to be done per week (two hours per day after school). They tell you that their son has been clinically diagnosed with a learning disability, but they refuse to believe the diagnosis. They state that their son “is lazy and needs the kind of accountability that his current teacher is not providing.” You could use the money, but are concerned about the ethics of accepting such a position. What legal and ethical considerations need to be analyzed prior to you making a decision? Read more: locate at least three scenarios related to teach... - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1ncc2-locate-at-least-three-scenarios-related-to-teacher-conduct#ixzz0ujDcTayV</p>
Category: Homework
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 4 years ago.

I do not have that password XXXXX nor can I recall what it was.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So can you assist

How do you mean assist?

I cannot open the document and I am not sure I still have the document.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the document and I am not sure how to send it to you. the title of the document is 2008-12-18_03490_Teacher_Law_December_17_2008

I just do not think I have that password XXXXX longer. I stopped using those years ago and did not keep them. So, even if you send the document I do not think I can open it.