Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

1. Which research methodology allows researchers to best untangle

Customer Question

1. Which research methodology allows researchers to best untangle genetic from environmental influences on behavior?
foster care studies
adoption studies
twin studies
family studies

2. The genetic influence on most human behavioral traits should be considered:
Monogenic
Polygenic
Neither monogenic nor polygenic. Human behavior is not at all influenced by genes.
All of the above.

3You are walking though the woods and happen upon a bear! Which branch of the nervous system would be responsible for the activation of your "fight or flight" response?
Central
Sympathetic
Parasympathetic
Somatic

4. Which type of communication do neurons rely on to send a message BETWEEN two neurons?
Electrical
Potential
Chemical
Physical

5. Which type of communication to neurons rely on to send a message from the dendrites to the terminal buttons of a SINGLE neuron?
Electrical
Potential
Chemical
Physical

Shows the location, function, and gives pronunciation of each part of the brain.

After completing the following interactive learning activity, answer the related reflection and multiple-choice questions.

Click here to launch animation

6. To relieve epileptic seizures, Bill has had his corpus callosum severed. Now Bill has difficulty
regulating fine motor control.
sleeping and waking appropriately.
communicating between his right and left hemispheres.
breathing.

7. Leroy is a football player who suffered a head injury during a practice. He now has difficulty using a sewing needle to sew a button on a shirt. Leroy most likely had damage to his
cerebellum.
hypothalamus.
medulla.
reticular formation.

8. Ella is always hungry, no matter how much she eats. Which part of her brain might be functioning improperly?
Pons
Cerebellum
Thalamus
Hypothalamus

9. Deciding which chapters to review for an upcoming exam is regulated by the
hypothalamus.
pituitary gland.
cerebral cortex.
pons.

10. XXXXX XXXXXfts a box and places it on a shelf. Based on our current understanding of brain functioning,
neuroscientists can pinpoint the exact part of the brain responsible for this activity.
neuroscientists have no way of determining the areas of the brain involved in this activity.
neuroscientists know that a single part of the brain is responsible for this activity; they just have not localized it yet.
neuroscientists recognize that even simple behaviors such as lifting a box require the action of many parts of the brain.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

1. twin studies

2. Polygenic

3. Sympathetic

4. Chemical

5. Electrical

6. communicating between his right and left hemispheres.

7. cerebellum.

8. Hypothalamus

9. cerebral cortex.

10. neuroscientists can pinpoint the exact part of the brain responsible for this activity.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

For decades, evolutionary psychologists have suggested that much of human behavior is the product of natural selection. replace the "beetle" example with an example of an evolved human behavior. (human infants cry to seek attention) human behavioral traits that evolutionary psychologists suggest are the product of natural selection. Describe this trait and describe how the trait "fits" with the behavior of natural selection.

Here is the trait:"Human infants cry to seek attention"

Please put in in APA format and 1.5 to 2 pages.

Thanks so much

Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I just saw your reply. When is your deadline for this assignment.

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Deadline is 7/18
thanks so much for helping me
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

Ok. I'll have it by then!

-Chris M.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks so much for helping me out.

If you have time this one is due 7/18.

Thanks again, and I appreciate your help.

Here is it:

You are the new research assistant in Dr. Quack's "Psychology of Attraction" laboratory. As a way to prove yourself, Dr. Quack has asked that you design an experiment to determine if his newly formulated "Love Potion #10" is more effective at creating lasting romantic relationships than the old-fashioned "Love Potion #9".

Dr. Quack would like a detailed report of your research. Be sure to include all the necessary research reporting components as outlined by APA guidelines These include:

• Introduction (State your hypothesis and clearly define your IV and DV.)
  • Method (How exactly will you manipulate your IV and measure your DV?)
  • Results (What did you "find"?)
  • Discussion (Explain your results.)

I only need a summary, not an entire research paper, so using bullet-points is fine. I need to use APA research paper for more information on each of the sections, but I do not need to provide such detail.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

Hello lekpeh,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do this assignment. I noticed that you have this question open in another post and hopefully another expert will help out soon.

-Chris M.