Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

How would Marx, Weber, and Durkheim imagine U.S Society a century

How would Marx, Weber, and Durkheim imagine U.S Society a century from now? what kinds of questions or concerns would each thinker have? Link Marx, Weber, and Durkheim to one of Sociology's theoretical approaches, and explain your choices.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

Hello JA Customer,

What is the word length needed and when is this assignment due?

-Chris M.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it has to be a paragraph of 5 sentences for each and it is due tonight at 12:00am..
a parragraph for:
How would Marx, Weber, and Durkheim imagine U.S Society a century from now?

a paragraph for:
what kinds of questions or concerns would each thinker have?

and a paragraph for:
Link Marx, Weber, and Durkheim to one of Sociology's theoretical approaches, and explain your choices.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.

Hello JA Customer,

I'm sorry. I got tied up with something and I don't think I can get to this tonight.

Edited by Chris M. on 7/15/2010 at 3:35 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if you want i can give you the answer that i found and you will go ahead and change it completely to diffrent words and it does not come to me as a plegarism. here is what i found.. please let me know if you can do it

1) How Would Marx, Weber, and Durkheim Imagine U.S society a century from now? What kinds of questions or concerns would each thinker have?

Weber imagined the U.S. society with more bureaucracy for example, but in the postindustrial age there are many jobs that depend on the imagination and would be very difficult to regulate in the same way. Marx would imagine the U.S. society as more and more marked difference between social classes where a few governing the economy, taking huge profits while others work to live. He would ask if this difference becoming larger, would lead to a social revolution. Durkheim on the other hand would see our society, the use of computers and communication without leaving the house as isolate people to maintain personal relationships. How would be the moral standards if there is too little personal contact?

2) Link Marx, Weber, and Durkheim to one of Sociology’s theoretical approaches, and explain your choices.

Marx defended the theory of conflicts which explains the relationship between the working class (the proletarians) and capitalists (owners of the means of production), where the capitalists are the dominant force and the proletarians are the exploded force. This will take a class struggle for social change. Functionalism (Weber) explains that society as a whole; if one is not functional entity would not work. A mutual interdependence is needed for the society to operate well. Weber exposes the interpretative theory explaining casual’s relations and its consequences. Analyzing events that occur in that society and how the people would act in certain circumstance.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.