1. Clyde's father has suffered several episodes of depression over his lifetime. Clyde wonders if his fathers episodes of depression might have been triggered by a neurotransmitter deficiency. To answer this question, Clyde's father would likely visit a(n) A. Neuroscientist. B. Behaviorist. C. Humanist. D. Cognitive psychologist.
2. Jennie believes that she is in control of her own life and can achieve whatever goals she sets for herself. Jennie's beliefs are in line with which perspective in psychology? A. Cognitive. B. Humanistic. C. Behavioral. D. Psychodynamic.
3. _________ psychologists examine the differences between automatic and controlled processes in thinking. A. Neuroscience B. Behavioral C. Humanistic D. Cognitive
4. Dr. Watson observes how children react to receiving a prize for doing well on a math test. Dr. Watson is most likely a ___________ psychologist. A. Cognitive B. Psychodynamic C. Behavioral D. Humanistic
5. Jennifer is always forgetting to call her mother. Although Jennifer cannot pinpoint why this happens, a ____________ would wonder if Jennifer was forgetting due to unconscious forces. A. Behavioral psychologist B. Psychodynamic psychologist C. Humanistic psychologist D. Neuropsychologist