RopTeam
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst

Scenario Scenario SummaryYou work for Super Safe Security

Customer Question

<p>Hello, I will need a topic for this by this Sunday at midnight; however the rest is not do till the 21st of July.</p><p>Scenario Scenario Summary You work for Super Safe Security (SSS) and it’s your organization’s job to make sure that attendees at different events are safe. For example, at the Classy Convention Center (CCC), you employ individuals to monitor metal detectors to make sure no one enters the center with weapons. Lately, there has been an increase in conflicts at events and, with a high profile event around the corner, you want to be very sure that employees have the skills necessary to make sure that everyone is safe. Specifically, you want to make sure that those individuals monitoring the metal detectors have the skills and abilities to do their job with less than a 0.1% error. Your Role/Assignment You are the training manager at SSS and need to make a recommendation on how to proceed with this situation. The people below have expressed their feelings and thoughts on this issue. Review them carefully before doing the activity. K E Y P L A Y E R S XXXXX XXXXX, the Controller at SSS "Training costs money. All of these employees have already been formally trained in their job. This training would be a refresher and, by the estimates outlined in the training needs assessment, to conduct this training would cost at least $15,000." Michelle Becker, the Sales Manager at SSS "While I have faith in our employees, the customer has a significant requirement and it’s our obligation to make sure that nothing happens. If we drop the ball we will not only lose this customer but it might impact getting other business. Remember the old adage “better safe than sorry" not to mention the SSS mission “To provide safety needs so that the customer doesn’t have to worry". Penny Olsen, the PR Manager at CCC "We need to be sure that there are no incidents at the upcoming high profile event. We have an established relationship with SSS and we trust that you know what is best to make sure that our participants and attendees will be safe. The upcoming event is a one-time only occasion but the stakes are high since there will not only be some very high profile participants but a full house of 50,000 in attendance." Y O U D E C I D E Activity You decide – Based on the information above, write a short report to address the following issues: 1. How do you respond to each of these perspectives? 2. What is your summary recommendation to move ahead? In your response be sure to incorporate what you perceive to be the goals of your organization and how they would impact your decision. Provide an APA formatted paper that includes at 2-3 page body that outlines your decision. Include at least 2 supporting outside sources - outside of our course material and outside of your own experience.</p>
Category: Homework
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi Teddy, thanks for reviewing this post.

I will get started...

I understand this assignment to have two parts.

1. a topic and outline

2. 3 page essay

Is this correct?

thank you,

tm

Looking forward to working with you, have a pleasant day o/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
Question closed on it's on!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello me good friend! I just came from church, but I noticed that I had another issue that I will not be able to resolve without you. Please look at the following problem and see if you are able to help me with this. I will gladly pay whatever you deem necessary if you were able to do it! Please note the dates by each topic. My biggest issue is that I will need a topic for this one by midnight tonight...

Love you Tonee!( Not as in a relationship, but as my GOD sent ANGEL) Innocent

Sorry so late with this but I just got back from seeing my mother in SC!

TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROJECT

Due in Week 1 - Project Topic (Ungraded) 5-11 July

This week you will need to select an organization and a problem/event/reason for your project. You may use your own organization or an organization with which you are familiar. An example of a project topic might be: Green Leaf Greenhouse - Poor Customer Service or Hire Me Staffing Agency - New Software Implementation. While this assignment is ungraded, it is essential that you get approval for your topic to insure that you are on the right track. Note: While this assignment is ungraded, it is required. If you do not submit your topic for pre-approval, you will not earn credit for the other elements of Course Project.

Due in Week 2 - Training Needs Assessment (50 points) 12-18 July

This week you will conduct a TNA (Training Needs Assessment) on your organization. Included in this will be an organization, task, and person analysis. You will include the techniques used and the individuals that would be involved in this process. For example, if you use a questionnaire, be sure to include the questionnaire in the appendix. While you won't have time to actually conduct the TNA, include a concluding section that identifies the desired training outcomes that will be used in the upcoming weeks' assignments. Anticipated length of body of this assignment: 3-4 pages.

Due in Week 3 - Lesson Plan and Transfer of Training (50 points)19-25 July

This will be the most creative portion of the project but, remember, it must be reasonable. You will need to consider the cost-benefit as well as the likelihood of transfer of training of any training design methods that you select. From the outcomes identified in Week 2, you will design the training program. In the appendix, you will need to submit a detailed lesson plan that could be used to conduct the training. Anticipated length of body of this assignment: 3-4 pages.

Due in Week 4 - Evaluation (50 points) 26 Jul- 1 Aug

This week you will need to describe the training evaluation that will be used. You will need to present how you will determine the program's effectiveness. From this, you will present the evaluation design and include your rationale for this selection. Because the training hasn't yet occurred, you won't be able to provide an actual evaluation. However, you should provide a hypothetical evaluation to show how the evaluation process would work for this participation training process. Anticipated length of body of this assignment: 3-4 pages

Due in Week 5 - Training Methods (50 points) 2-8 Aug

In this segment you will need to consider the method of delivery for this training. For this section, you will consider three different training methods. For each method, you will conduct an analysis and identify the advantages and disadvantages of each method with regard to your outcomes. From this analysis, you will identify the method that will work best. While a table can be used for easy reference, the details of the analysis should be spelled out in paragraph format. Anticipated length of body of this assignment: 3-4 pages.

Due in Week 7 - The Final Comprehensive Submission (70 points) 9-15 AUG

This final piece of the assignment will allow you to combine all of the elements in the training process. While there is no new research that needs to be conducted for this week's assignment, you should apply feedback from the previous week's assignments and update your work to present a clean, final draft. This project should be submitted as a single, cohesive Word document (not multiple files). Use section breaks to separate the different elements. You will provide a single reference list. Appendices will be formatted at the end of the overall document - not the end of the section. Remember- you can't simply cut/paste the different elements from your prior work into a single document and consider it to be complete. There must be unity, flow, and cohesiveness including the use of an Introduction and Conclusion. Finally, be sure that you are using uniform formatting for this document. Check margins, font, etc. prior to submitting. Anticipated length of body of this assignment: 12-16 pages

Sources/Formatting

A note on sources: You will be expected to conduct research outside of our classroom and beyond your own experiences to complete this assignment. For Weeks 1-5, you will be expected to use at least four unique documented sources outside of our classroom (the textbook does not count as an outside source). You are not required to conduct additional research for Week 7 but may add to your list if you've found additional sources on your journey. If you do use the textbook, you will need to give credit to this source. While sources may be used from week to week, you will be expected to find at least four new sources for each of the Week 1 through 5 assignments. I would urge you to use the DeVry Online library to seek out scholarly and current journal articles. Additionally, you might seek information from reputable organizations such as the Society for Human Resources Management or interview a Human Resources Professional.

A note on formatting: You will be expected to complete each assignment using APA formatting. This will include the use of appropriate font, margins, section headers, etc. You will be expected to provide a complete APA formatted reference list for each weeks' assignment. Additionally, per APA you will be expected to give credit to these sources in-text. This project should be written in the third person

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi there will be posting first part before 10 pm.

tm

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tonee,

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX not worried! You always come through faithfully for me!

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi Teddy, hope you had a pleasant visit and all is well?

This is the topic and general outline. Confused about the first post at the top of this page? Which assignment is that and when is it due? Or is this the same assignment?

Topic (Is this too broad a topic?)

Above it All Airport

Security Training and Development Plan and how to implement terrorism security measures.

-Security management

--Domestic and international terrorism

--Emergency preparedness

--Security assessment and prevention strategies

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/12/2010 at 1:50 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Don't be confused. I added another task, I wanted to know if you were willing and able to do it?

All of this is something different:

TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT PROJECT

Sources/Formatting

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Response to the SSS/CCC scenario.

Based on XXXXX XXXXX's recommendation training of employees has already been completed. According to Michelle Becker of sales, it is better to be safe than sorry. Lastly, the PR manager Penny Olsen wants to ensure there are no incidents for this high profile event.

As SSS manager the training requirements that need to be addressed for metal detector trainees are as follows. We can do one or more of the following alternatives at minimal cost while maximizing the opportunity to assess employee proficiency.

1. Conduct security drills. Assessing employees based on their preparedness and response times.

2. Have employees expected to work during the event complete written tests to assess their aptitude.

3. Have an open door security meeting with employees to discuss the security plan and respond to any questions or issues that have not been addressed.

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/12/2010 at 2:05 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I was asking you if you could do the second question and at what cost before I posted it?

Sorry for the confusion I need both papers done, but my primary focus is on the first initial post which was:

Based on the information above, write a short report to address the following issues: 1. How do you respond to each of these perspectives? 2. What is your summary recommendation to move ahead? In your response be sure to incorporate what you perceive to be the goals of your organization and how they would impact your decision. Provide an APA formatted paper that includes at 2-3 page body that outlines your decision. Include at least 2 supporting outside sources - outside of our course material and outside of your own experience.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You know that I need you! lol!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Response to initial post..

I'll add a couple pages, format and cite..

1. Response to XXXXX XXXXX is to conduct security drills. Assessing employees based on their preparedness and response times.

2. Response to Michelle Becker is to have employees expected to work during the event complete written tests to assess their aptitude.

3. Response to Penny Olsen is to have an open door security meeting with employees to discuss the security plan and respond to any questions or issues that have not been addressed.

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/12/2010 at 2:12 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok, got it!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any outside sources that you used to answer this?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Nope I just made it up....But I will find some and post.

Is the three pages due tonight?

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/12/2010 at 2:15 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't think so. I just sent him an email for clarification; if it is I am not worrying about it, because his directions were unclear...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
lol, I just read your post about you making those up.....Tonee, you rock!
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hello, will these work for SSS assignment?

tm

Connors, E. (2002).Department of Justice: Planning and managing security for major sporting events. Retrieved July 11, 2010 from

http://www.popcenter.org/problems/spectator_violence/PDFs/Connors.pdf

The Smart Journal. (2008). Sport venue security: planning and preparedness for terrorists related incidents. Retrieved July 11, 2010 from http://www.thesmartjournal.com/venues.pdf Vol. 4. Is. 2.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sure enough.....SMILESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If you can do the other project (PLEASE)? There is just one other thing that I will need tonight and I will galdly pay you what you desire for this one....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As far as the company goes you can make up any name that you want it to be.
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

This is the topic and general outline for the second topic about a company and a training and development plan....

Above it All Airport

Security Training and Development Plan and how to implement additional terrorism security measures. Problem or reason is the recent terrorist attack at Metro Detroit Airport on Christmas 2009.

-Security management

--Domestic and international terrorism

--Emergency preparedness

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tonee,

This question seems to be closed; I am trying to get these guys to reopen it. So please forgive me.

I hope that you are feeling better and I also hope that you are having a good day!

Teddy

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi Teddy, I will have the next part completed this week.

tm

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tonee,

At least I have you that I can always depend on..... Thanks just for being you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tonee,

Do you know of anyone that can answer this question that I have posted?

The course project is related to the compensation and benefit

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tonee,

What? Am I getting a bad rep out there in the expert world; I can't seem to get anyone other than you with the golden heart to help me! I am so glad you feel sorry for me.

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi Theo, I could help if you can have moderator reassign to homework category this new question...

Thanks for the kind words, you are a great guy. :o)

That is the category am authorized to work in...

thanks,

toneemarie

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/15/2010 at 2:15 PM EST
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
Experience: Business Analyst
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tonee,

Thanks for all you do, and I truly mean every word that I say! Please look at this and let me know if it can be done? If not you are still my #1. Smile....

PS

For the training and development one do you want to leave it in here or should I repost the question?

Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Hi Teddy, It is up to you, this question is officially closed after an Accept.

The system doesnt process a second answer submitted here.

I will check for your third question.

thanks

tm

Edited by Toneemarie on 7/16/2010 at 2:40 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its the question that u gave me the outline about the airport. Or am I confused again?
Expert:  RopTeam replied 4 years ago.

Oh Ok, I thought there was a link above about something else?

I saw the new post and replied.

tm

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tonee;

Can you help me make up this outline. This can be anybody; real or fake.

Week 5 Leadership Outline: 100 points

I. Introduction
A. What is your paper about
B. Briefly introduce the Leader in your field
C. Establish the purpose
D. Preview the main ideas

II. Your Field of Study
A. Why you chose this field of study
B. Expected graduation completion

III. Who is the leader
A. Reasons why you chose the leader in your field
B. How has this leader influenced or put his/her mark within the industry (citations)

IV. Characteristics of an effective leader
A. Define of an effective leader as research indicates (use citations)
B. Positive leadership traits in your leader as found in research (use citations)

V. Define Your Leadership Qualities
A. What are your personal strengths as a leader
1. Use previous assessments from the course (use citations)
2. What did you learn about yourself from these assessments?
B. How personal strengths can support success
1.Use previous assessments from the course (use citations)

C. What are you personal weaknesses as a leader
1. How you are going to improve on your weaknesses
VI. Conclusion
A. Identify and re-state the main idea
B. Wrap up your ideas

References