Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I need help with the following answers ASAP from a Business

Customer Question

<strong>I need help with the following answers ASAP from a Business class. I really need this completed by the evening of 6/22/10</strong>.<br /><br />MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1) An ethnic restaurant, in serving a lovely, four-hour, seven-course dinner for two for $250, is giving particular emphasis to which dimension of competitive priorities? 1) A) Price B) Top quality C) Delivery speed D) Consistent quality 2) Which of the following would be considered an advantage of global competition? 2) A) strong global competition and increased worldwide demand B) ability to safeguard proprietary technology in working with offshore suppliers C) a recent climate of low political risk and lessening nationalization D) high levels of worker skills in foreign countries mean less required training Table 2.6 Activity Predecessor Time (days) A -- 8 B -- 6 C -- 3 D A,B 10 E C 8 F A 5 G D,E 3 H G 4 3) Disaster strikes and activity F takes 20 days instead of the anticipated 5 days. Using Table 2.6, how much longer will the project last than initially estimated? 3) A) 15 days B) 3 days C) 0 days D) 7 days 1 Table 2.1 ACTIVITY ACTIVITY TIME EARLIEST START EARLIEST FINISH LATEST START LATEST FINISH SLACK A 2 0 0 2 0 B 1 2 3 3 4 1 C 3 2 5 2 5 0 D 7 3 10 4 11 E 3 5 8 11 3 F 5 11 5 11 0 G 4 11 15 11 15 0 4) Using the information shown in Table 2.1, what is the earliest finish time for activity A? 4) A) 3 B) 4 C) 2 D) 0 Acme Machine is a job shop that makes specialty parts for the airline industry. Figure #1 below shows the block plan for key manufacturing operations in its current facility. Acme believes there may be a way to reduce the total distance traveled between departments. Consider the two revisions that have been suggested, based on the closeness matrix shown below the block plans. The aisles are shown by the dotted lines in Figure 1. 2 Dept. Pair Closeness Factor (w) Original Distance (dO) w × dO Revision #1 Distance (d1) w × d1 Revision #2 Distance (d2) w × d2 1 - 2 1 - 3 1 - 4 1 - 5 1 - 6 2 - 3 2 - 4 2 - 5 2 - 6 3 - 4 3 - 5 3 - 6 4 - 5 4 - 6 5 - 6 TOTAL 5) Considering the current facility situation and the two suggested revisions, if Acme wishes to minimize the total weighted-distance score, which option should be selected? 5) A) Current situation??stay with Figure 1 B) Revision 2 C) Revision 1 D) Either Revision 1 or Revision 2??they have the same what is the total weighted-distance (wd) score 6) When a process is high in divergence, it is likely to have: 6) A) few rectangle-shaped symbols. B) few diamond-shaped symbols. C) many rectangle-shaped symbols. D) many diamond-shaped symbols. 3 7) As he entered his broker's office for the first time, the young associate professor was dazzled by its tasteful accoutrements and the offer of a double tall split shot skinny hazelnut latte. He knew his lottery winning would be safe here, thanks to: 7) A) his broker's fitness for use. B) his own psychological impressions. C) his broker's support. D) his broker's conformance to specifications. 8) Which one of the following statements about capacity cushions is best? 8) A) Companies that have considerable customization tend to have larger capacity cushions. B) Constant demand rates require larger-capacity cushions. C) Companies with flexible flow processes tend to have small capacity cushions. D) Companies with high capital costs tend to have large capacity cushions. Table 7.6 Burdell Industries makes four different models of computer printers: the E-1000, the S-2000, the P-2000 and the N-1000. The E-1000 sells for $200 and has $40 in parts and $40 in labor; the S-2000 sells for $150 and requires $30 in parts and $30 in labor; the P-2000 sells for $100 and has $20 in parts and $20 in labor; and the N-1000 sells for $75 but requires only $10 of parts and $10 of labor. Fixed overhead is estimated at $5,000 per week. The manufacture of each printer requires four machines, Machines #1, 2, 3 and 4. Each of the machines is available for 40 hours a week and there is no setup time required when shifting from the production of one product to any other. The processing requirements to make one unit of each product are shown in the table. Weekly product demand for the next planning period has been forecasted as follows: 80 E-1000s; 65 S-2000s; 35 P-2000s; and 20 N-1000s. In the questions that follow, the traditional method refers to maximizing the contribution margin per unit for each product, and the bottleneck method refers to maximizing the contribution margin per minute at the bottleneck for each product. 9) Use the information in Table 7.6. Using the bottleneck method, which product should be scheduled first? 9) A) Product S B) Product E C) Product N D) Product P 10) Lean systems use the standardization of components because standardization: 10) A) increases repeatability. B) decreases the demand for each component. C) allows for small lot
Category: Homework