Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Tutor
Experience:  More than 5000 online tutoring sessions.

Question 1 10 points Save 

Customer Question

Question 1     10 points      Save
     Your bank account pays a 6% nominal rate of interest. The interest is compounded quarterly. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?

The periodic rate of interest is 1.5% and the effective rate of interest is 3%.
          The periodic rate of interest is 6% and the effective rate of interest is greater than 6%.
          The periodic rate of interest is 1.5% and the effective rate of interest is greater than 6%.
          The periodic rate of interest is 3% and the effective rate of interest is 6%.
          The periodic rate of interest is 6% and the effective rate of interest is also 6%.
   Question 2     10 points      Save
     Which of the following statements is CORRECT?

The cash flows for an ordinary (or deferred) annuity all occur at the beginning of the periods.
          If a series of unequal cash flows occurs at regular intervals, such as once a year, then the series is by definition an annuity.
          The cash flows for an annuity due must all occur at the ends of the periods.
          The cash flows for an annuity must all be equal, and they must occur at regular intervals, such as once a year or once a month.
          If some cash flows occur at the beginning of the periods while others occur at the ends, then we have what the textbook defines as a variable annuity.
   Question 3     10 points      Save

A time line is not meaningful unless all cash flows occur annually.
          Time lines are useful for visualizing complex problems prior to doing actual calculations.
          Time lines cannot be constructed in situations where some of the cash flows occur annually but others occur quarterly.
          Time lines cannot be constructed for annuities where the payments occur at the beginning of the periods.
          Some of the cash flows shown on a time line can be in the form of annuity payments, but none can be uneven amounts.
   Question 4     10 points      Save

The present value of a 3-year, $150 ordinary annuity will exceed the present value of a 3-year, $150 annuity due.
          If a loan has a nominal annual rate of 8%, then the effective rate will never be less than 8%.
          If a loan or investment has annual payments, then the effective, periodic, and nominal rates of interest will all be different.
          The proportion of the payment that goes toward interest on a fully amortized loan increases over time.
          An investment that has a nominal rate of 6% with semiannual payments will have an effective rate that is smaller than 6%.
   Question 5     10 points      Save
     Which of the following statements regarding a 15-year (180-month) $125,000, fixed-rate mortgage is CORRECT? (Ignore taxes and transactions costs.)

The remaining balance after three years will be $125,000 less one third of the interest paid during the first three years.
          Because the outstanding balance declines over time, the monthly payments will also decline over time.
          Interest payments on the mortgage will increase steadily over time, but the total amount of each payment will remain constant.
          The proportion of the monthly payment that goes towards repayment of principal will be lower 10 years from now than it will be the first year.
          The outstanding balance declines at a faster rate in the later years of the loan
   Question 6     10 points      Save

If you have a series of cash flows, each of which is positive, you can solve for I, where the solution value of I causes the PV of the cash flows to equal the cash flow at Time 0.
          If you have a series of cash flows, and CF0 is negative but each of the following CFs is positive, you can solve for I, but only if the sum of the undiscounted cash flows exceeds the cost.
          To solve for I, one must identify the value of I that causes the PV of the positive CFs to equal the absolute value of the FV of the negative CFs. It is impossible to find the value of I without a computer or financial calculator.
          If you solve for I and get a negative number, then you must have made a mistake.
          If CF0 is positive and all the other CFs are negative, then you can still solve for I.
   Question 7     10 points      Save
     A $150,000 loan is to be amortized over 7 years, with annual end-of-year payments. Which of these statements is CORRECT?

The annual payments would be larger if the interest rate were lower.
          If the loan were amortized over 10 years rather than 7 years, and if the interest rate were the same in either case, the first payment would include more dollars of interest under the 7-year amortization plan.
          The proportion of each payment that represents interest as opposed to repayment of principal would be higher if the interest rate were lower.
          The proportion of each payment that represents interest versus repayment of principal would be higher if the interest rate were higher.
          The proportion of interest versus principal repayment would be the same for each of the 7 payments.
   Question 8     10 points      Save
     You are considering two equally risky annuities, each of which pays $5,000 per year for 10 years. Investment ORD is an ordinary (or deferred) annuity, while Investment DUE is an annuity due. Which of the following statements is CORRECT?

The present value of ORD must exceed the present value of DUE, but the future value of ORD may be less than the future value of DUE.
          The present value of DUE exceeds the present value of ORD, while the future value of DUE is less than the future value of ORD.
          The present value of ORD exceeds the present value of DUE, and the future value of ORD also exceeds the future value of DUE.
          The present value of DUE exceeds the present value of ORD, and the future value of DUE also exceeds the future value of ORD.
          If the going rate of interest decreases from 10% to 0%, the difference between the present value of ORD and the present value of DUE would remain constant.
   Question 9     10 points      Save

Because it is a fixed-rate mortgage, the monthly loan payments (which include both interest and principal payments) are constant.
          The outstanding balance declines at a slower rate in the later years of the loan
   Question 10     10 points      Save
     Which of the following statements is CORRECT, assuming positive interest rates and holding other things constant?

The present value of a 5-year, $250 annuity due will be lower than the PV of a similar ordinary annuity.
          A 30-year, $150,000 amortized mortgage will have larger monthly payments than an otherwise similar 20-year mortgage.
          A bank loan's nominal interest rate will always be equal to or greater than its effective annual rate.
          If an investment pays 10% interest, compounded quarterly, its effective annual rate will be greater than 10%.
          Banks A and B offer the same nominal annual rate of interest, but A pays interest quarterly and B pays semiannually. Deposits in Bank B will provide the higher future value if you leave your funds on deposit.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me, but the way the questions are posted is not clear at all, I cannot even see how many questions are there.

Please copy and paste all the questions into a word document then upload the word document into http://www.mediafire.com/ then copy and paste the share link here

P.S. Please advise your deadline

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the help. I am doing it now. I send it right back

Sorry about the multiple messages, but I also have noticed that you have not accepted my solutions on your older post, here is the link:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3lk5v-please-help-with-hw

You need to click on the green accept button for me to get paid for my work. Please note though that Just Answer never forces you to accept a solution you are not satisfied with, which I do not believe is the case otherwise you would not have requested me to answer your new post. Please advise

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdjri2emn4i

TIme Limit is 20 mins

Thank you

-Just saw the link.. will do
20 minutes for all those questions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well we get 2 chances to complete the HW and I used one of the tries to get the questions
I am not sure what you mean I am sorry, so d you mean we can no longer submit the answers? Or should I work on them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I still can still submit it. Take your time, the overall assignment is due by 8:15pm EST
oh great, but you need to accept the solutions I provided on the other post. I do not mean to push you to accept the solutions, but I am sure you understand that it is unfair for me to keep working without the answers getting accepted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I completely understand. You need to be paid for the service your providing, you not being pushy at all. I am waiting on an email from customer service about transferring the $30 deposit to a different credit card because I canceled that one this past weekend, and if I just hit accept you won't get paid
That is ok, when you signed up for the account your old credit card had been charged so you can click accept because that money is in your JA account
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
k
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
I see that you have downloaded the solutions but have not accepted neither this post nor the older one. Please advise