Lani S.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience:  Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor

If possible I would like Ms Lani to help me with this assignment

Customer Question

If possible I would like Ms Lani to help me with this assignment as it is in reference to the health care field.
I will be using some of the information on the guideline but need a little extra help. I can do the slides and most of the speaker notes my self. This class has been a little taxing for me and my final is due this Sunday 6-20-10 but would like the information perhaps by Friday 6-18-10 so that I may review it.

Final Project: Records Management Presentation: Due Day 7 Resource: Appendix A, Presentation Guide

You have been hired as the records manager for Happy Health Medical Clinic, a medium-sized, general practice about to start up business. Whereas this medical facility hopes to have everything computerized at some point in the future, that is not currently the case. Therefore basic patient information is located on the computer, but medical information is only found in paper files. Your facility stores, circulates and updates patient records internally for six doctors, and traffics them up one floor to an X-ray department—in other words, you loan records, but you do not borrow them. Because the X-ray facility is in partnership with Happy Health, you send actual patient files up to X-ray, not copies, and it is important to get the files back.

Create a 12-to-15-slide PowerPoint® presentation outlining standard records management procedures for the employees who work for Happy Health Medical Clinic. Your presentation should include introduction and conclusion slides, as well as detailed speaker’s notes. The speaker’s notes must describe the bulleted items on the slide and provide rationale for policy decisions. Include one or more complete paragraph of speaker’s notes per slide; cite outside references used, if any, according to APA format.

Ø Include the following information in your presentation:

· The importance of getting new information into a patient’s record as timely as possible

· Not duplicating medical records for the same person

· Being able to know at all times where a record is located as you write practical, how-to procedures to cover the following aspects of records management:

Ø Indexes for administering health care information

Ø Centralized or decentralized records management
Ø HCR 210 Patient Records: Keeping it Real Course Syllabus Page 20

Ø Creation of new records—record format

Ø Type of filing system:

· Basic rules of the system

· Examples to clarify names or numbers that might be confusing in that system

Ø Temporary and permanent insertion of loose forms and care reports:

· Handling clinical data that a doctor needs to see

· Handling administrative data that a doctor does not need to see

· Storage for patient files:

· Short-term (patient returns in 2-3 days)

· Permanent (patient is not due back soon but is currently under care)

· Archive (patient record has not been used for some time)

Ø The physical circulation of records within your facility, and between your facility and X-ray:

· Routing and tracking records within areas of your department and out to X-ray

· Storing lab reports that come in when a patient’s file is at X-ray

Ø Retention schedule—destruction of records

Ø File security

Ø Legal and ethical responsibilities
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lani S. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me. The best help I can offer is to provide a completed presentation which you may use as a guide/model. The presentation has total 14 slides and contains the required information. Let me know if you are interested and I will post. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That will work. Will it include any speaker notes? Sorry I did not answer sooner but did not receive any notification that you had looked at my question.
Expert:  Lani S. replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Lani S., Tutor
Experience: Registered Nurse, Internet Researcher, Private Tutor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank You. It is exactly what I am looking for as a guide. I sure do appreciate it. Have a great day.
Expert:  Lani S. replied 3 years ago.
Most welcome and thank you too.