Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Hi Chris, Im back again! This is the assignment to complete

Hi Chris, I'm back again! This is the assignment to complete week 9. Let me know if this something you can assist with. I realize you haven't access to the university library but I don't think it matters provided the resources are credible, correct? Below, is the outline for the assignment and Appendix E.

2. Final Project: Comprehensive Argument Analysis

The Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center database at the University Library provides a wealth of arguments to which you can apply your critical thinking skills. Find this database by logging into to the Library and selecting the Article Databases—Specialized link. From the results page, scroll down to select the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center link.

• Resources: Appendix A and the University Library

• Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that interest you and locate a set of materials from the database for each topic. If you choose school violence as one of your topics, for example, you might find a magazine article that argues that violence in the media causes school violence and a Web site that persuasively argues that violence in the media is not responsible for school violence.

• Conduct a similar search for your second topic. When finished, you should have two sources per topic. You may use sources from any combination of the Viewpoints, Magazines, Academic Journals, News (use sources marked Editorial and Column), and Web sites database sections.

• Utilize the form in Appendix E to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for each source.

o Provide the title of the source.
o Provide the source citation. Locate the citation by clicking on the Source Citation link at the top of the page when viewing the source.
o Identify the principal issue presented by the source.
o Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.
o Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you determined this.
o Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.
o Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.
o Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.
o State one argument made by the author.
o Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.
o Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain how you determined this.
o Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

Axia College Material
Appendix E

Critical Analysis Forms

Fill out one form for each source.

Source 1 Title and Citation:

1
Identify the principal issue presented by the source.

2
Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

3
Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

4
Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.

5
Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

6
Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

7
State one argument made by the author.

8
Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.

9
Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain how you determined this.

10
Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

Source 2 Title and Citation:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7
State one argument made by the author.

8

9

10

Source 3 Title and Citation:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7
State one argument made by the author.

8

9

10

Source 4 Title and Citation:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7
State one argument made by the author.

8

9

10

Chris, I'm on week 6 and give my work schedule moving forward its desire to get this done. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much!