Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Jenny is considering opening her own business. Jenny believes

Customer Question

Mary is considering opening her own business. Mary believes that, with a $30,000 vehicle with a $5,000 salvage value after 10 years and $5,000 in assembly tools and equipment (also a 10-year life), she will be able to generate $70,000 a year in sales. Her other projections include an initial inventory of $15,000, assembly training for $2,500, cost of goods sold approximately $35,000, selling expenses of $9,000 and general and administrative expenses of $7,000. She expects to pay 25% of her earnings in taxes and must earn a 15% return. Is this a profitable business under these conditions?
Category: Homework
Expert:  ATANU replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What subject is this?
-What level of (schooling) / (grade) is this?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is for a college Finance class, I am in my senior year of college for a Bachelors in Business Administration. I have tried working it out on the Income Statement, Balance sheet, and Owners Equity but still can't figure it out.
Expert:  ATANU replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for your information.Please give me one day for solving this problem.