Academic Tutor
Academic Tutor, Teacher, Author,
Experience:  B.S. & M.Th., CAO, Principal and Dean
21894638

The way to change a school - send in a leader of high potential

"The way to change a school - send in a leader of high potential and let him/her dissipate his /her potential in the school". Your view or opinion.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Academic Tutor replied 4 years ago.
Hey, Sir or Madam, thank you for using JA!

Often this scenario doesn't work unless the followers in the school have a high regard or respect for the new leader. If the school board comes in and says we got So and So Big Guy here with all his degrees, and he is famous, then the school staff better believe it too.

I have seen famous national turn-around candidates come in to try to fix a school system, and they often fall flat because the teachers in the system think it ought to be someone from within their ranks or a resident of their state.

I would better state your thesis this way: "The way to change a school - send in a leader of high potential with his own support team and let him/her dissipate his /her potential in the school"

Edited by Academic Tutor on 4/1/2010 at 3:28 AM EST
Academic Tutor, Teacher, Author,
Experience: B.S. & M.Th., CAO, Principal and Dean
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need you to review my answer.

I neeg you to review my answer / my opinion.
All leaders supposed to be a high potential, otherwise, they wouldn't be promoted by the Ministry Of Education to be leaders of the school or organisation. I believed that if a leader has a high potential and he / she is able to develop potential of others by empowering his / her 'potential' with connectivity, wisdoms, trust, clarity, integrity, accountability and respect. She or he should also be energized and be able to engage people to work together, so that we can see a change in the school.
On the other hand, even though he/she has a high potential or consider a great leader, if he/she doesn't know how to lead, go out his/her own ways to direct, prefer to dominate and control those around him/her; many people will feel dissatisfied at work; there will be miscommunication and conflicts may arise which can lead to huge problems if this continues. Consequently the change would also fail. Thus, in this case, he/she needs to change before he/she changes the school.
Please comment.
Oh, I think I have several questions running into one another here. If the first answer was acceptable, then I would be happy to review your answer.

Thank you so much.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Academic Tutor, Teacher, Author,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just now I post one more question to you, but I'm not sure whether you have received it or not.
Thank you. I will check it when I get the chance. This is one of the biggest Sundays in the year in the US, so I doubt I will get to see it before Monday.

Happy Easter.

If you want to bring it to my attention, as soon as I am able, then put my name in the question headline with the question.

PS. I was albe to come on for a bit, but I don't see your question.

Edited by Academic Tutor on 4/5/2010 at 3:37 AM EST