Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

answer to exam 02800501 improving your writing

Customer Question

Category: Homework
Expert:  MrsSmithNMHS replied 4 years ago.
Hello! My name isXXXXX and I'm a certified English teacher. I'd be happy to help you with any writing, editing, and homework needs. If you can provide me with the exam, I can help you out with the answers :-)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ten years ago, you started working as a clerk for DMD Medical supplies. Six months ago. Liz Jakowski, the human resources director, promoted you to office manager. You manage two employees: Jack Snyder and Ruth Disselkoen. Your office provides secretarial support for the four members of the executive team. Two years ago, Liz had assigned Jack to support Ralph Alane and Jessica Hilo. Ruth was assigned to Samuel Daley and Frank Daley. The work flow was equally balanced

You've noticed that in the last three months Ruth has cut her breaks short to complete her work, complains of being tired, and at least twice a month requires overtime hours costing the company and additional $200 a month. In the last three weeks, Frank Daley has complained to you a few timed about the poor quality of Ruth's work.

On the other hand, over the last three months, Jack frequently seems to have little to do. He has begun coming in late a couple of times a week and taking more than the allloted break times. What work he does have, however, is always professionally completed. Clearly you must investigate to determine what is causing this change and how to improve the situation. Since nothing has changed in the personal lives of either Jack or Ruth, you conclude you must focus on the in-office work situation. You learn the following facts:

• Samuel and Frank Daley share a part-time administrative assistant who works only 15hrs a week.
  • Ralph Alane and Jessica Hilo share a full-time administrative assistant.
  • Jessica Hilo has been on medical leave for the last four months, and Liz Jakowski isn't sure whether or not sh's coming back.
  • Jessicas duties have been temporarily assigned to Ralph and Frank.

Although you don't have the authority to change the work assignments of the two administrative assistants of the executive team, you clearly need to change your office assignments so that both Jack and Ruth work regularly without requiring overtime

Now you must sort the details and info. about the problem and the plan into two sections.

• Section 1
  • Facts and figures that define the problem (the cause)
  • Details that show the impact of the problem (effects) on Jack, Ruth, and the company
  • Section 2
  • The steps needed to change the situation
  • Reason to implement each step, including the benefits to your employees, your supervisor, and the company.
  • Information about your role in the change.

Thanks for this. Could you explain what needs to be done? Is this an essay that needs to be revised? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. It needs to be two paragraphs. The first with the information in section one, and the second with the information in section two. I am just confused on how to make the information come together into a plan, because it is so much information.

Thanks! I need to take care of some issues at home tonight, so I'm going to opt out and let another expert help you out. Best of luck with this!