Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

1. Regarding adolescent suicide, which statement is true? A.

Customer Question

1. Regarding adolescent suicide, which statement is true? A. Male suicide rates are five times higher than those for females. B. Males attempt suicide more often than females. C. Suicide is normally associated with depression. D. Suicide is the leading cause of death among adolescents. 2. I’m not all that happy, but when I smile I feel better. This idea might best be expressed by the A. emotional similarity theory. B. facial feedback hypothesis. C. theory of universal affect programming. D. facial-affect program. 3. In late adulthood, changes in memory may not be inevitable; however, any decline in memory tends to involve _______ memory. A. intrinsic C. implicit B. semantic D. episodic 4. In the Binet IQ test, an IQ score is equal to MA divided by CA times 100. In this formula, “MA” is to mental age as “CA” is to A. cognitive age. C. chronological age. B. common age. D. calculated ability. 5. According to Bandura, the extent to which we feel we’re able to meet a challenge or pursue a task to a favorable outcome is our level of A. openness to experience. C. extraversion. B. self-efficacy. D. self-esteem. 6. If you support the idea that physiological arousal and the experience of an associated emotion will occur simultaneously, you’ll agree with the A. Schachter-Singer theory of emotion. B. biological emotion-activation theory. C. Cannon-Bard theory of emotion. D. James-Lange theory of emotion. 7. Sternberg’s concept of practical intelligence is most directly related to A. overall success in living. C. emotional intelligence. B. information processing. D. multiple intelligences. 8. In Piaget’s model of cognitive development, a child’s tendency to view the world entirely from his or her own perspective is referred to as A. metacognition. C. the concrete operational stage. B. egocentric thought. D. the sensorimotor stage. 9. People with a _______ can eat just about anything they want and not gain weight. A. fixed weight set point C. fixed proportion of fat cells B. low metabolic rate D. high metabolic rate 10. According to your textbook’s treatment of Kohlberg’s theory of moral development, a focus on rewards and punishment in respect to a moral dilemma is characteristic of A. adolescents who have reached the formal operational stage of moral development. B. children who haven’t grasped the principle of object constancy. C. children who haven’t reached the conventional stage of moral development. D. adolescents who have reached the conventional level of moral development. 11. If you agree with B. F. Skinner as to the nature of personality, you would also agree that A. humans are infinitely changeable because they can learn new behavior patterns. B. personality is shaped by people’s thoughts, feelings, expectations, and values. C. human personality is largely shaped through observational learning. D. traits like sociability arise from unconscious wishes to be liked by others. 31 12. In Maslow’s needs hierarchy, people whose need for _______ has been fulfilled are poised to ascend to the level of self-actualization. A. achievement C. love and belongingness B. esteem D. safety 13. Regarding the outcomes of Mary Ainsworth’s strange situation experiments, which statement is most accurate? A. Avoidant children cry when the mother returns to the playroom. B. Only two-year-olds are capable of showing a secure attachment. C. Ambivalent children may both hit and embrace their mother on her return. D. Disorganized-disoriented behavior precedes a secure attachment. 14. According to _______ approaches to motivation, each person strives to maintain a certain level of stimulation and activity. A. drive-reduction C. homeostasis B. instinct D. arousal 15. According to Erik Erikson, generativity-versus-stagnation is the typical challenge of A. early adulthood. C. middle adulthood. B. adolescence. D. old age. 16. It’s becoming increasingly apparent to researchers that infants are born with A. developed personalities. C. high self-esteem. B. low self-esteem. D. innate temperaments. 17. In the _______ theory of motivation, _______ motivation is to satisfaction provided by activities that are their own reward as _______ motivation is to satisfaction derived from the reward for some kind of behavior, such as money or status. A. cognitive; intrinsic; extrinsic B. drive-reduction; extrinsic; intrinsic C. cognitive; autonomous; dependent D. drive-reduction; dependent; autonomous 18. According to Rogers, we can overcome the discrepancy between our self-concept and our experience through A. unconditional cognitive regard. B. unconditional positive regard. C. balancing conditional positive and conditional negative self-regard. D. conditional positive regard. 132 19. In the context of intellectual disability, the great majority of people so challenged are classified as being _______ retarded. A. severely C. mildly B. moderately D. variably 20. The original purpose in constructing the MMPI-2 was A. identifying psychological disorders. B. screening job applicants. C. identifying a client’s optimal choices among occupations. D. screening college applicants. 21. Which statement about anorexia nervosa is true? A. Sufferers are usually males between the ages of 12 and 40. B. People with this disorder may well be attractive and successful. C. Anorexics almost never starve to death, although they may die from other disorders. D. Typically, the lives of anorexics center on sex. 22. During middle adulthood, the most clearly marked biological change is related to A. weight loss. C. reproductive capabilities. B. the so-called midlife transition. D. memory loss. 23. I show you a picture of an adult figure hovering over a sleeping child. I ask you to tell me a story about what you think is happening. Which kind of projective text am I using? A. Rorschach test B. Behavioral assessment test C. Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 D. Thematic Apperception Test 24. To formulate a general definition of emotion, it will be most accurate to say that A. emotions are feelings that have both physiological and cognitive elements. B. an emotion is a specific reaction to a perceived change in a situation. C. emotion is a feeling state evoked by an expressed behavior. D. emotions are adaptive physiological responses to feelings. 25. You maintain that physical changes in late adulthood are largely related to built-in time limits to cell reproduction. It’s safe to say that you endorse the _______ theory of aging. A. wear-and-tear C. genetic reprogramming B. disengagement D. amyloid precursor
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.