Lionel Williams
Lionel Williams, Life Expert
Experience:  Marketing Professional, Business Owner and father of four w/two in college.
28061059

How Do I Change The Net 10 Number That I Was Given To One Of

Customer Question

How Do I Change The Net 10 Number That I Was Given To One Of My Own Choice
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lionel Williams replied 6 years ago.

Greetings Thom:

If you have a new NET10 phone, you can transfer your current number to your new NET10 phone by clicking on the Activate Reactivate Phone link. Follow the instructions to activate your new phone and transfer your current number, as well as transfer any remaining minutes.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require additional information.

Many thanks!

Greetings Thom:

I hope all is well with you.

Did this info help? I am eager to hear how you made out.

Many thanks!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wanted to change my number to a new one of my own choosing. I did not want to transfer a number etc. everytime I called net 10 customeer service I was on the phone for at least an hour - mainly with people who didn't understand me - One customer rep just changed the number to one of his own choosing and didn't know how to change it back to the original and certainly not to one that I chose.

Greetings T:

No carrier will let you choose whatever number you want....they can't. Telecom carriers are allocated blocks of numbers, so no one carrier controls every number. The thing you can do is port an existing number that you control among wireless and/or wired lines. The ability to port numbers back and forth between wired and wireless lines just came into being a year ago.

To port a number to a carrier, you have to start a new line of service with one carrier then (once that line is up and running,) you can port your old number to your new carrier. Once you do this you can cancel the service with your old carrier. Make sure to do this at the end of the contract with your old carrier or they are liable to charge you a termination fee.

It is critical to take these steps in the proper order or you could lose your old number.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the reason I wanted to change my number and my son's number was so I would remember them - I never can do that so I was going to make it easy and use birthdays - my phone number would be XXX-XXX-XXXX and my son's would be XXX-XXX-XXXX. From what you have said so far it sounds like this would be impossible to do - am I correct?

thanks so much for your efforts XXXXX XXXXX

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.