Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Question 1 of 23 : ICS Form 201: a. Allows a Single Resource

Customer Question

Question 1 of 23 : ICS Form 201: a. Allows a Single Resource Boss to track major activities during each operational period b. Contains status information for briefing the incoming Incident Commander or team, or other resources. c. Is completed by the Safety Officer in order to address safety concerns and identify mitigation measures. d. Lists all resources and organization assignments for the upcoming operations period. Question 2 of 23 : Who is responsible for determining the appropriate tactics for an incident? a. The Deputy Incident Commander b. The Safety Officer c. The Planning Section d. The Operations Section Question 3 of 23 : Resources within the Staging Areas: a. Include those being made ready for demobilization and return to their jurisdictions b. Are managed by the Logistics Section c. Are awaiting operational assignment d. Include out-of-services resources that are being made ready for deployment Question 4 of 23 : 4. When command is transferred, then all personnel with a need to know should be told: a. The qualifications of the incoming Incident Commander b. The limits of the Incident Commander’s scope of authority c. The effective time and date of the transfer d. The Incident Commander’s cell phone number Question 5 of 23 : Select the TRUE statement: a. When a new Incident Commander assumes command, the outgoing Incident Commander should be demobilized to avoid confusion b. Upon arriving at an incident the higher ranking person will either assume command, maintain command as is, or reassign command to a third party c. A lower ranking but more qualified person may not be designated as the Incident Commander d. Transfer of command procedures are implemented at the Emergency Operations Center before the Incident Commander arrives at the scene Question 6 of 23 : Chris Smith is the Situation Unit Leader. No Planning Section Chief is assigned. Who does Chris Smith report to? a. Incident Commander b. No Direct Supervisor c. Public Information Officer d. Operations Section Chief Question 7 of 23 : Which General Staff position conducts tactical operations, develops the tactical objectives and organizations, and directs all tactical resources? a. Operations Section Chief. b. Finance/Administration Section Chief c. Planning Section Chief d. Logistics Section Chief Question 8 of 23 : Select the TRUE statement: a. ICS positions may be combined in order to save on staffing or achieve higher level of efficiency b. ICS encourages the use of unique position titles in order to better meet the specific incident needs c. ICS recognizes that an Incident Commander may not be necessary if an Operations Section Chief is assigned d. ICS organizations structure should include only the functions and positions needed to achieve the incident objectives Question 9 of 23 : Which Section is responsible for handling claims related to property damage, injuries, or fatalities at the incident? a. Planning Section b. Finance/Administration Section c. Operations Section d. Logistics Section Question 10 of 23 : Who generally facilitates the Operational Period Briefing? a. Public Information Officer b. Operations Section Chief c. Logistics Section Chief d. Planning Section Chief Question 11 of 23 : An individual assuming the role of the Deputy Incident Commander must: a. Have prior experience predicting workloads and potential staffing needs b. Be a representative of the jurisdiction at the incident c. Be equally capable of assuming the Incident Commander role d. Have served as a Branch Director within the current organization Question 12 of 23 : Select the TRUE statement: a. Span of control may be extended beyond 1:10 in order to ensure that more resources can be deployed on complex, large incidents b. Span of control is less of a factor of concern for incidents that are resolved within the initial operational period c. Span of control should be established without consideration of factors such as the type of incident, nature of the task, hazards, and safety factors d. Span of control is accomplished by organizing resources into Teams, Divisions, Groups, Branches, or Sections Question 13 of 23 : Select the TRUE statement: a. Formal communications is used in reporting progress of assigned tasks b. Informal communication is the preferred method for communicating resource needs c. Informal communication is prohibited within the Incident Command System d. Formal communication requires the use of written reports to document all interactions Question 14 of 23 : These levels of the ICS organization may have Deputy positions: Branch Incident Commander ________________ a. Division b. Section c. Staging Area d. Group Question 15 of 23 : Representatives from Assisting or Cooperating Agencies and Organizations coordinate through: a. Liaison Officer b. Operations Section Chief c. Public Information Officer d. Logistics Section Chief Question 16 of 23 : The Operational Period Briefing: a. Sets forth the specific tasks, reporting relationships, and expectations for support staff b. Provides an orientation to individual resources at the beginning of their assignments c. Helps keep the public and media informed about the incident status and operational accomplishments d. Presents the Incident Action Plan (IAP) for the upcoming period to supervisory personnel Question 17 of 23 : The information and intelligence function may be organized in one of the following ways: Within the Command Staff As a Unit Within the Planning Section As a Branch Within the Operations Section ____________________________________ a. At a separate Incident Command Post b. Under the Communications Unit within Logistics c. As a separate General Staff Section d. Outside the command structure for security reasons Question 18 of 23 : ___________________means that each individual involved in incident operations will be assigned to only one supervisor. a. Unity of Command b. Unified Command c. Supervisor Authority d. Span of Control Question 19 of 23 : Typing resources allows managers to make better resource ordering decisions by: a. Indicating how the resource can be used when deployed at the incident site b. Describing the size, capability, and staffing qualifications of a specific resource c. Providing detailed information about the best sources for procuring a needed resource d. Linking resources needed to execute typical response and recovery activities Question 20 of 23 : Which is the top priority within the ICS common leadership responsibilities? a. Encouraging creativity and risk taking b. Ensuring safe work practices c. Establishing agency policies for future incidents d. Enhancing partnerships with Agency Representatives Question 21 of 23 : A delegation of authority: a. Relieves the granting authority of the ultimate responsibility for the incident b. Specifies the Incident Action Plan to be implemented by the Incident Commander c. May be needed when the incident scope is complex or beyond existing authorities d. Is required even if the Incident Commander is acting within his or her existing authorities Question 22 of 23 : 22. Branches within the ICS organization can be established: a. Within Groups to organize resources b. Under the supervision of a Leader c. Along agency jurisdictional lines d. Geographically or functionally Question 23 of 23 : The Medical Unit is responsible for the development of the Medical Plan, obtaining medical aid, and: a. Transportation for injured and ill incident personnel b. Coordination with public health service to determine where critical resources are deployed c. Provision of emergency services to injured victims at the accident scene d. Authorization prior to purchases of any medical supplies and services
Category: Homework