CoachChris
CoachChris, Tutor
Experience:  BSBA in Finance and Banking, French minor, Completed CFA exams
26050461

1. The Principle of Capital Market Efficiency says that market

1. The Principle of Capital Market Efficiency says that market prices of financial assets that are traded regularly in the capital markets reflect:
a. all available information and adjust partially and quickly to “new” information.
b. all available information and adjust fully but slowly to “new” information.
c. most available information and adjust fully and quickly to “new” information.
d. all available information and adjust fully and quickly to “new” information.

2. A yield curve or term structure of interest rates is .
a. upward sloping if yields increase with maturity
b. downward sloping if yields decrease with maturity
c. upward sloping if yields decrease with maturity
d. both a & b are correct

3. Which of the following statements is false?
a. Ethical behavior implies that people makes correct personal judgments about right and wrong for the good of society and the environment.
b. Ethical behavior leads to fines and legal expenses.
c. Ethical behavior requires the principals and agents comply with rules and regulations that govern behavior.
d. Ethical behavior attracts and keeps high-quality employees and managers.

4. Select the true statement(s).
a. Capital gain is the difference between what an asset is sold for and its book value, typically referring to an asset that has been owned at least a year.
b. Tax-timing option is the option to sell an asset and claim a loss for tax purposes or not to sell the asset and defer a capital gain tax.
c. Progressive tax system is a tax system wherein the average tax rate rises for some increases in income but never decreases with an increase in income.
d. all of these

5. Select the false statement(s).
a. Net working capital is the difference between what an asset is sold for and its book value.
b. Progressive tax system is the option to sell an asset and claim a loss for tax purposes or not to sell the asset and defer a capital gain tax.
c. Net income is the difference between what an asset is sold for and its book value, typically referring to an asset that has been owned for at least a year.
d. all of these

6. Which of the following is a use of cash that would appear on the statement of cash flows?
a. accumulated depreciation
b. purchase of marketable securities
c. receipt of interest payments
d. decrease in accounts receivable

7. Compute EPS, given the following information: interest expense: $40,000; net income: $400,000; preferred dividends paid: $65,000; common dividends paid: $100,000; common stock outstanding: 100,000 shares.
a. $1.95
b. $3.35
c. $2.35
d. $3.60
Category: Homework
Expert:  CoachChris replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
CoachChris, Tutor
Experience: BSBA in Finance and Banking, French minor, Completed CFA exams