Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Project Managment Questions 2

Customer Question

Management is about coping with complexity, while leadership is about coping with:
formulating plans and objectives
monitoring results against plans
change
taking corrective action when necessary
all of these are part of leadership

An Earned Value System used to monitor project progress includes comparison of
actual costs versus budget
schedule progress versus plan
quality progress versus plan
both A and B are correct
A, B, and C are all correct

The project audit process is divided into the following steps with the exception of:
reporting
data collection and analysis
initiation and staffing
follow-up
all of these are steps in the audit process

The chance that an undesirable event and the consequences of all its possible outcomes will occur is termed
random chance
a disaster
risk
hazard
bad luck

Which of the following is not one of the steps in the risk management process?
risk response development
risk assessment
risk identification
risk tracking
risk response control

Susie's department is implementing many projects. She finds herself starting and stopping work on one task to go and work on another task, and then she returns to the work on the original task. From a project management point of maximizing resource usage and conflicts (of herself), Susie is experiencing
poor scheduling.
excess work burden.
flexible tasking.
multitasking.
burnout.

The cost variance for a project is calculated by: (Points: 5)
EV-AC
AC-EV
PV/AC
AC/EV
EV-PV

A major principle of the project audit is that:
all problems are identified.
the outcome represents an independent, outside view of the project.
only verifiable, non-judgmental, non-subjective data are used.
the identities of the audit team are kept secret.
a minimum number of people know that the audit is being conducted.

Which of the following is commonly associated with high-performing project teams?
Risk taking is controlled and not allowed to jeopardize the overall project.
Roles and specific responsibilities are well-defined.
A degree of competition among team members is encouraged.
Mistakes are viewed as opportunities for learning.
All of these are associated with high-performing teams.

The first step in facilitating group decision making is to:
call a meeting to discuss the problem
identify the problem
agree that there is a problem
quantify the problem
generate alternatives

In the beginning, the focus of risk management should be on risks that
impact the whole project
impact the critical path
are known
have the greatest cost impact
have the greatest schedule impact
Category: Homework