SteveS, MBA
Experience:  MBA from Top 5 US Business School, Tutoring Experience for Over Two Years

ABC is an unleveraged firm, and it had a constant EBIT of $2

ABC is an unleveraged firm, and it had a constant EBIT of $2 million a year. The tax rate is 40% and its market value is $12 million. Debt is considered to buy back stock. The present value of financial distress costs are $8 million. and the probability of distress would increase with leverage according to the following: $2,500,000 of debt - 0%, $5 million - 1.25%, $7.5 million - 2.5%, $10 million - 6.25%, $12.5 million - 12.5%, $15 million - 31.25%, and $20 million - 75%.

(a) what is the firm's cost of equity and weighted average cost of capital at this time?
(b) according to the pure MM with-tax model, what is the optimal level of debt? (c) What is the optimal capital structure when financial distress costs are included?
Category: Homework
Expert:  SteveS replied 6 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. This is fantastic. I just got home. Sorry it got so long to get back to you........

can I ask you essay questions tomorrow? i'm at work, and am sorry.....

Please let me know.

Expert:  SteveS replied 6 years ago.

Hi Karl,

I'll have to see what the essay is about beforeI can commit. Let me know!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No prob, I'll get them to you asap....

Working from home and trying to get this assignment done. it's horrid....thanks again for your help.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good morning,

Check this out, let me know if this is something you can contend with...submitting now.
Do these get filtered to you directly? Let me know. I'm not sure how this works....