R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Time out!

Customer Question

1. Mutually exclusive events are always independent. (Points: 3)

2. Numbered disks are placed in a box and one disk is selected at random. There are 6 red disks numbered 1 through 6, and 7 yellow disks numbered 7 through 13. In an experiment a disk is selected, the number and color noted, replaced, and then a second disk is selected. Is this an example of independence? (Points: 3)

3. Two events are __________________ if the occurrence of event E in a probability experiment does not affect the probability of event F in an experiment. (Points: 3)
Mutually exclusive

4. Your are dealt one card from a standard 52-card deck. Find the probability of being dealt a picture card. (Points: 3)

5. Find the z-score for the 83 value, when the mean is 63 and the standard deviation is 5. (Points: 3)
z = 1.24
z = -1.24
z = 4.00
z = 3.80

6. In terms of probability, a(n) ________________ is any process with uncertain results that can be repeated. (Points: 3)
Sample space

7. A(n) _________________ of a probability experiment is the collection of all outcomes possible. (Points: 3)
Prediction set
Event set
Sample space
Bernoulli space

8. A fair coin is tossed two times in succession. The set of equally likely outcomes is {HH, HT, TH, TT}. Find the probability of getting the same outcome on each toss. (Points: 3)

9. There are 30 chocolates in a box, all identically shapped. There are 11 filled with nuts, 10 filled with caramel, and 9 are solid chocolate. You randomly select one piece, eat it, and then select a second piece. Is this an example of independence? (Points: 3)

10. The value of 8!/6! is (Points: 3)

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm sorry but I updated the information as Timed out because I ran out of time.

But if you want I can keep the same deal for these others and give a bonus!!!

Business Week, in an article dealing with management wrote, " When he took over the furniture factory three years ago..." [the manager] realized almost immediately that it was throwing away at least $100,000 a yr. worth of wood scrap. Within a few weeks he set up a task force of managers and workers to deal with the problems. And withn a few months, they reduced the amount of scrap to $7,000 worth [per year]. "Was this necessarily and economical efficient move?

The MorTex Company assembles garments entirely by hand even though a textile machine exists that can assemble garments faster than a human can. Workers cost $50 per day, and each additional laborer can produce 200 more units per day (i.e., marginal product is constant and equal to 200). Installation of the first textile machine on the assembly line will increase output by 1800 units daily. Currently the firm assembles 5400 units per day.
a) The financial analysis department at MorTex estimates that the price of a textile machine is $600 per day. Can management reduce the cost of assembling 5400 units per day by purchasing a textile machine and using less labor? Why or Why not?

The production engineers at Impact Industries have derived the expansion path shown in the following figure. The price of labor is $100 per unit
A.) What price does Impact Industries pay for capital?
B.) If the manager at Impact decides to produce 180 units of output, how much labor and capital should be used in order to minimize total costs?
C.) What is the total cost of producing 120, 180 and 240 units of output in the long run?
D.) Impact Industries originally built the plant (i.e. purchased the amount of capital) designed to produce 180 units optimally. In the short run with capital fixed, if the manager decides to expand production to 240 units, what is the amount of labor and capital that will be used? (Hint: How must the firm expand output in the short run when capital is fixed?)
E.) Given your answer to part D, calculate average variable, average fixed, and average total cost in the short run.
Y U capital
X U labor
y20, x8=120
y30, x6=180
y50, x8= 240

Read more:

b) The Textile Workers of America is planning to strike for higher wages. Management predicts that if the strike is successful, the cost of labor will increase to $100 per day. If the strike is successful, how would this affect the decision in part (a) to purchase a textile machine? Explain.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
Sry, can't help with those questions. You may post them as new questions in homework category. But if you've any more math questions, I'd be glad to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Iam really sorry. I wish we both got something but honestly I can not even logged back in that test. Thanks anyways.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 6 years ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.