Homework Wiz
Homework Wiz, Tutor
Experience:  6 years tutoring
19148969

How do contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations

Customer Question

How do contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations of the religion?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Homework Wiz replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomerBelow I have provided my answer to your question! Have a great day and good luck! Also, if you need, this topic can be locked after we are finished.

- Contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations of the religion by rejecting the thought of there being a godly figure or figures present which govern our existence. Instead, Buddhists follow the teachings of ancestors as a way of life. Instead of moral rules to follow, Buddhists have a set of moral guidelines which have been created by generations of Buddhist followers before them. Buddhism is an extremely spiritual way of life which includes the following of teachings of the Buddha as well as meditation. Buddhist followers believe in leading a peaceful life and taming your mind as well as pursuing the ideal or perfect state of spirituality.

Edited by homework helper1 on 11/10/2009 at 5:29 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
needs to be at least 150 word count
Hello again. Below is the same text in 159 words, expanded as requested. Have a great day and good luck!

Contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations of the religion by rejecting the thought of there being a godly figure or figures present which govern our existence. Instead, Buddhists follow the teachings of ancestors as a way of life. Instead of moral rules to follow, Buddhists have a set of moral guidelines which have been created by generations of Buddhist followers before them. Buddhism is an extremely spiritual way of life which includes the following of teachings of the Buddha as well as meditation. Being a whole religion, possibly rather a practice, Buddhism is unlike other religions in that it is almost identical to early religions. Buddhist followers believe in leading a peaceful life and taming your mind as well as pursuing the ideal or perfect state of spirituality. Through practice and dedication, Buddhists relate to early religions in that they are extremely spiritually oriented and believe in ways of life in general rather than ways of faith and worship.

Contemporary Buddhist practices reflect the foundations of
the religion by rejecting the thought of there being a godly figure or figures
present which govern our existence. Instead, Buddhists follow the teachings of
ancestors as a way of life. Instead of moral rules to follow, Buddhists have a
set of moral guidelines which have been created by generations of Buddhist
followers before them. Buddhism is an extremely spiritual way of life which
includes the following of teachings of the Buddha as well as meditation. Being
a whole religion, possibly rather a practice, Buddhism is unlike other
religions in that it is almost identical to early religions. Buddhist followers
believe in leading a peaceful life and taming your mind as well as pursuing the
ideal or perfect state of spirituality. Through practice and dedication,
Buddhists relate to early religions in that they are extremely spiritually
oriented and believe in ways of life in general rather than ways of faith and
worship.

Homework Wiz, Tutor
Experience: 6 years tutoring
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Homework Wiz, Tutor
Experience: 6 years tutoring
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have already accepted this