The Professor
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience:  Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)
2837397

I need help writing an original 700 word paper about Hindusm

I need help writing an original 700 word paper about Hindusm due this week on the 8th November 2009 If not just help me with good web sties I can use.

chamunda
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can anyone help me write a thesis statementand the conclusion(Hindusm paper) Due this sunday. My websites I am going to use are http://hindusm.about.com/
http://hindusm.about.com/od/basics/p/hindusmbasics.htm
http://www,dishq.or/download/hindusmbk.htm
http://www.religion-cults.com/Eastern/hindusm/hindu.htm
http://www.hindusmamajtemple.org/hindusm/hindusm/htm

. Considering that hindusm lacks a uniting belief system, what
makes up the Hindu religion?
. What are the cultural and societal influences that have made
Hindusm vital to the region in which it originated.
. Explain the desire for liberation from earthly existence.

. Avoid using Ask.com
. Or answer.com
. Use the tutorials in the center for writing excellecny area under
library lab
. Only valid sources
. focus on the rligion's cultural and societal influences and
compare them to it's origins
. Explain the desire for liberation from earthly existence

PS If you think this website don't go along with what he wants, everything you can use that is in accordance with his instructions would be very much appreciated. Also, write the website you think will work better. I need this by Friday so that I can read the websites before I start writing the paper. Thank you for your help

Chamunda.
Expert:  The Professor replied 4 years ago.
Perhaps my paper on Hinduism will meet your needs.

********************

"...Hinduism (known as Hindu Dharma Hindi) in some modern Indian languages is a religion that originated on the Indian subcontinent. In contemporary usage Hinduism is also referred to as Sanatana Dharma, a Sanskrit phrase meaning "eternal law".

With its origins in the Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic civilization, it has no known founder, being itself a conglomerate of diverse beliefs and traditions. It is considered the world's oldest extant religion, and has approximately a billion adherents, of whom about 890 million live in India, placing it as the world's third largest religion after Christianity and Islam. Other countries with large Hindu populations include Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago.

Hinduism provides a vast body of scriptures. Divided as revealed and remembered and developed over millennia, these scriptures expound on a broad of range of theology, philosophy and mythology, providing spiritual insights and guidance on the practice of dharma (religious living). Among such texts, Hindus revere the Vedas and the Upanishads and consider these as being among the foremost in authority, importance and antiquity. Other major scriptures include..."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism

"...Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism share traits with Hinduism, because these religions originated in India and focus on self-improvement with the general aim of attaining personal (first hand), spiritual experiences. They along with Hinduism are collectively known as Dharmic religions...."

There are different schools of Hinduism.

"...Hinduism is sometimes considered to be a polytheistic religion, but such a view tends to oversimplify a diverse system of thought with beliefs spanning monotheism, polytheism, pantheism, monism and even atheism. For instance, the Advaita Vedanta school holds that there is only one causal entity (Brahman), which manifests itself to humans in multiple forms while many scholars consider the Samkhya school of thought to have had atheistic leanings...."

There are different paths to "enlightenment".

"...Yoga: multiple paths to the goal
Hatha Yoga is traditionally a part of a practice that included meditation, pranayama, and right action—unlike the popular modern approach that emphasizes the physical aspect.

In whatever way a Hindu defines the goal of life, there are several methods (yogas) that sages have taught for reaching that goal. Someone who practices yoga is called a yogi. The chief texts dedicated to Yoga are the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and, as their philosophical and historical basis, the Upanishads. Paths one can follow to achieve the spiritual goal of life (moksha, samadhi, or nirvana) include:

* Bhakti Yoga (the path of love and devotion),
* Karma Yoga (the path of right action),
* Raja Yoga (the path of meditation) and
* Jñana Yoga (the path of wisdom).

An individual may prefer one yoga over others according to his or her inclination and understanding. For instance some followers of the Dvaita school hold that Bhakti ("devotion") is the only practical path to achieve spiritual perfection for the majority of people, based on..."

"...Truth is one, the wise call it in many different ways

—Rig Veda 1.164.46

This openness means that there is little theological quarrel between Hindu denominations, although these denominations may view God in a different form or sense..."

The “desire for liberation from earthly existence” that is often associated with Hinduism stems, in part, from the common conditions in the geographic areas where Hinduism and Buddhism originated. One of the tenets of Buddhism is that suffering arises from the human condition of “desiring”. The four Four Noble Truths relate to how there is suffering in life, and what can be done about it. Birth is suffering, aging is suffering, life itself involves suffering. The cause of suffering is craving and wanting. Cease to crave and want and you will cease to suffer. The Eightfold Path will show you how.

As an historical aside, it can be seen that Buddhism and Hinduism attempt to teach acceptance, the cessation of struggle. From the standpoint of human history, whatever peace that approach might deliver to a practitioner, there is little to advance the progress of human knowledge of science, natural history, agriculture, medicine, or anything else useful to civilized life. On the other hand, neither of these religions went out of their way to burn people at the stake, wipe out entire countries in the process of spreading their own way of thought, or stifle scientific inquiry into the true nature of things. Perhaps that alone is sufficient to qualify the “peaceful acceptance” inherent in both religions, after all.

Thus, it is somewhat misleading to think of the different paths towards the one truth as "many Hinduisms" rather than one. As dogmatic and inflexible as many other religions are, Hinduism has room within itself for a wide range of practitioners and practices.

The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Experience: Engineering Degree, Tutoring Experience, USC Faculty (Retired)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cher,

I am confused, at the same time I am happy that my paper is already done. I was waiting to find a thesis statement, instead my paper is already written. Thank you for all of your help. Only one thing I need to know. Did you use any of the Web site you found earlier? or you only used one (Wikipedia. Please let me know so that I know what to do. Oh! can you do me another favor, by hiding the paper until next Monday, so that someone else doesn't write the same information. Thank you so much for everything.

Chamunda
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
The Professor, Taught at USC Years Ago
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Professor,

I thank you you so much for the wonderful paper you wrote. You are so wonderful, and thoughtful, I am speachless what can I say, except to say you are owesome, and marvelous. You did it in just a short amount of time. I am glad you were there to help!!

Thank you,

Chamunda