Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Ask an Expert
Answers to Homework
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask viki Your Own Question
I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for grades K-12.
Type Your Homework Question Here...
viki is online now
Target Market Selection 08085900 1. Just-in-time inventories
This answer was rated:
Target Market Selection 08085900
1. Just-in-time inventories play an increasing role in manufacturing.
A similar inventory strategy in merchandising is called
A. electronic data interchange.
B. buyer-managed inventory.
C. vendor-managed inventory.
D. quick response.
2. Knowing which of the following would be most helpful for
distinguishing consumer products, business products, and
commercial products from one another?
A. Where the products are being sold
B. Who buys the products and why
C. The prices of the products
D. How much it costs to produce the products
3. Which one of the following would be an example of internal marketing?
A. A customer service training program for a company's employees
B. A special deal for trade-ins at a car dealership
C. A limited-time sales promotion at a local store
D. A money-back rebate for trying a new product
4. Which of the following is best classified as a business product as opposed to a
A. A file cabinet purchased by a homeowner for use in her home-based TV-repair business
B. A milkshake purchased in a McDonald's restaurant by one of the restaurant's employees
C. A silicon ingot purchased by Intel Corporation for use in making computer chips
D. Advertising fliers purchased by a new furniture store for use in announcing the store's
5. Selling in-ground swimming pools to homeowners is probably an example of
A. transaction-based marketing. C. relationship marketing.
B. planned obsolescence. D. real estate sales.
6. A firm may capture most of the total market by satisfying the specific needs of
A. the consumer market. C. the organizational market.
B. influential market segments. D. mass markets.
7. Two rival manufacturers of computer central processing units agree that when one is faced
with a tight production deadline, the other will help it fill its orders. This is an
example of a
A. horizontal alliance with ownership.
B. vertical alliance without ownership.
C. horizontal alliance without ownership.
D. vertical alliance with ownership.
8. In its advertising campaign, a company decides to exploit the cohort effect in reaching
certain consumers. Which method of segmenting consumer markets is this company
A. Demographic segmentation C. Psychographic segmentation
B. Geographic segmentation D. Product-related segmentation
9. The purpose of the revised VALS system is to make use of _______ segmentation.
A. geographic C. primary
B. niche D. psychographic
10. An online apparel company might perform a marketing cost analysis to evaluate the
A. effectiveness of its Web site.
B. cost of shipping to customers.
C. profitability of its new line of travel clothes.
D. number of returns due to poor fit.
11. A gourmet dog food company each year published FifiTells, a collection of cute or amazing
pedigreed dog stories. This is an attempt to create a ______ bond with its customers.
A. structural C. financial
B. social D. transactional
12. Which of the following is an example of secondary data?
A. Online surveys of an Internet retailer's customers
B. Questionnaires filled out by a test audience for a new film
C. Taste-test results for a new flavor of soda
D. Demographic data on college enrollment in a region
13. A yoga instructor estimates she can keep a new student for 36 weeks at a fee of $30 per
week. If it costs her $120 to acquire this new student, what is her rate of return?
A. 3.3 times C. 6 times
B. 4 times D. 8 times
14. One of the techniques available to marketers for market segmentation is
A. combining the overall market into a large heterogeneous group on the basis
B. developing a behavioral profile, or psychographic study, of the consumer.
C. charting consumer consumption of competing products.
D. observing growth levels of related industries.
15. Marketers often use a step-by-step decision process in selecting the segments they
should target in their marketing campaigns. Within this five-stage decision process, when
would you forecast the market potential that you can expect from a particular segment?
A. Before describing the typical customer in that segment
B. In the last stage of the decision process
C. In the first stage of the decision process
D. After describing the typical customer in that segment
16. A grocery store might use data mining techniques to
A. improve the quality of the produce it sells.
B. decide what products to include in its holiday promotion.
C. decide on an advertising strategy.
D. design store layout for renovations.
17. To be effective, market segmentation must meet which of the following criteria?
A. Avoid focusing on nonvariables such as profitability and volume.
B. The market segment must be measurable in terms of both purchasing power and size.
C. The company must expand beyond its marketing capabilities in order to capture
D. The market segment must reflect changing attitudes and lifestyles.
18. The Delphi technique would be most appropriate for which of the following
A. Next winter's best-selling fashions
B. What price level is appropriate for a new product
C. What microbrews are most popular in Texas
D. Which cell-phone technology will become the standard
19. A Sierra Club Visa Card would be an example of
A. database marketing. C. an affinity program.
B. frequency marketing. D. a strategic partnership.
20. Which of the following market research techniques would be most appropriate for use
A. Face-to-face interviews C. Phone surveys
B. Mail surveys D. Online surveys
Submitted 416 days and 15 hours ago.
Category: Homework Value: $9 Status: CLOSED Related Homework Questions
¦Asian Americans According to the U.S. Ce...¦PENN FOSTER - INTRODUCTION TO BIOLOGY ...¦Q: The Landis Corporation had 2008 sales...¦Need a 1250 word paper where you compare...¦macroeconomics¦The Landis Corporation had 2008 sales of...¦Prepare a 1,400- to 1,750-word autobiogr...¦Can someone help do this and explain it ...
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1eexe-target-market-selection-08085900#ixzz0Ul5mySMH
Share this conversation
replied 7 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
viki and other Homework Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
I need the java coding for a submarine sandwich shop online
Trying to figure out how to write my countdown 10,9,8..1 as
LOGICPRO ONLY PHASE 5 For the Phase 5 Individual Project
FOR LOGICPRO ONLY Read the entire list of instructions
LOGICPRO ONLY Part 1 Create an external style sheet with at
Here is some information about your Final Exam. CIS247C
Read the entire list of instructions before beginning your
Here is my question, SFC You are going to convert
FOR LOGICPRO ONLY* Read the entire list of instructions
Instructions: Assignment 3 - Week 3 Create a new WEB SITE
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2017 JustAnswer LLC