Tony Locascio
Tony Locascio, Tutor
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree In Engineering, develop cirricula for certified teachers

National Electrical code, Part 2 examination 00690205

Customer Question

National Electrical code, Part 2   examination 00690205

1. According to the NEC, for a receptacle to serve the countertop
of a kitchen island, the maximum distance it may be
placed below the countertop is

A. 4 inches.
C. 10 inches.
B. 8 inches.
D. 12 inches.

5. Two electricians are discussing the outside wiring for a new home. Electrician A
says that the drip loop must be moved because it doesn't fall below the service head.
Electrician B says that an area where the service conductors are to be run must be
moved, because although this area is three feet above the door, it won't be more than
three feet above the window. Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Only Electrician A is correct. C. Both electricians are correct.
B. Only Electrician B is correct. D. Neither electrician is correct.

6. The NEC requires that each service disconnecting means be suitable for
A. hazardous locations. C. wet conditions.
B. disconnecting the meter. D. the prevailing conditions.

7. According to the NEC, flexible metal conduit shall be permitted for grounding if the
length in any ground return path doesn't exceed 6 feet, and the circuit conductors are
protected by an overcurrent protection device that doesn't exceed _______ amperes.
A. 15 C. 30
B. 20 D. 60

8. Two electricians are discussing the requirements associated with two common household
items. Electrician A says that a 220-volt room air conditioner with a 10-foot
cord follows the NEC, as long as the load doesn't exceed 80 percent of the circuit
with which it will be used. Electrician B says that the cord for a household refrigerator
must be visible and readily accessible to be used as a disconnect switch. Which of the
following statements is correct?
9. The NEC states that outdoor spans of 120-volt open feeder conductors shall be a
minimum of _______ feet above finished grade, sidewalks, or from any platform or
projection from which they might be reached, assuming that they're located in an
area that's accessible only to pedestrians.
A. 10 C. 15
B. 12 D. 18

11. For installations consisting of not more than one 2-wire branch circuit, the NEC
requires that the service disconnecting means shall have a rating of not less than
_______ amperes.
A. 15 C. 25
B. 20 D. 30

15. According to the NEC (assuming that no exceptions apply), outside branch circuits
and feeder conductors shall have a vertical clearance of _______ feet from the surface
of a roof.
A. 3 C. 8
B. 6 D. 10

17. Two electricians are discussing the requirements associated with grounding electrodes.
Electrician A says that when grounding electrodes are spliced, the splicing must be
done by exothermic welding or by using compression-type connectors listed for splicing
electrodes. Electrician B says that if a supplemental grounding electrode is used, then
the electrode must be at least six feet from the other electrode. Which of the following
statements is correct?

18. The NEC requires that, in general, conductors other than flexible cords and fixture
wires be protected against overcurrent in accordance with their
A. ampacities. C. markings.
B. ratings. D. listings.

20. Two electricians are discussing their projects. Electrician A is installing circuit breakers
as switches. He installs the first one 10 feet from the finished grade, and says that this
is allowable as long as the switch can be reached from a ladder or some other portable
means. Electrician B says that an enclosure that's being installed within a wooden wall
should be made flush with the wall's surface. Which of the following statements is
correct?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Tony Locascio replied 4 years ago.
No problem damian. You'll have your answer by 10:00am EST
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Tony Locascio, Tutor
Experience: Bachelor's Degree In Engineering, develop cirricula for certified teachers
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you!!!!!!!
You're very welcome Damian! Please consider leaving positive feedback if you are happy with my answers, and feel free to request me in the future.