brainpowers
brainpowers, Tutor
Experience:  Masters in Commerce, IT, Internet & Media study and business mgt.
18521969

In accordance to the criticism aimed at studying business ethics,

Customer Question

In accordance to the criticism aimed at studying business ethics, many viewed it as a mixture of _____ and personal opinion that could interfere with the functioning of a business.
A) Abstract thinking
B) sentimentality
C) religious connotations
D) rigidity

What might a producer do while considering lost production that results from a trip to the market? A
A) Have a sale for the product
B) Increase advertising of the product
C) Increase the price of the products
D) Hire a retailer for the product

The flipside of a diverse workplace is that it can potentially increase several areas of _____.
A) technological concerns
B) values tension
C) gender discrimination
D) managerial lapses

The American Marketing Association defines marketing as "an organizational function and a set of processes for creating, communicating, and delivering _____ to customers and for managing customer relationships in ways that benefit the organization and its stakeholders."
A) value
B) quality
C) technology
D) the best deals

From a ______ perspective, agreement on the fundamental rights and their appropriate prioritization is not yet universal. A
A) utilitarian
B) deontological
C) social justice
D) virtue ethics

This, among many, provides explicit guides and resources detailing appropriate behavior as well as offering legal direction and parameters for both employees and employers.
A) Title VII of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964
B) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
C) Occupational Safety and Health Administration
D) Portability of Health Coverage

Which among the following industries use cost-benefit analysis while treating health and safety as an instrumental value common?
A) Financial industry
B) Insurance industry
C) Automotive industry
D) Marine industry

\According to the universal principle of Kantian philosophy, the ethical obligation of _____ should guide employment interactions.
A) family responsibilities
B) respect for people
C) honesty
D) core customs
The 'Tripartite' part of the Tripartite Declaration of Principles Concerning Multinational Enterprises and Social Policy refers to all of the following except
A) critical cooperation necessary from governments.
B) critical cooperation necessary from employers' and workers' organizations.
C) critical cooperation necessary from multinational enterprises involved.
D) critical cooperation necessary from the suppliers and agents associated with the firm.

Which among the following approaches to workplace safety and health requires the birth of a child with serious birth defects to ensure that the same circumstance does not repeat?
A) Health and safety as ideals.
B) Health and safety as acceptable risk.
C) Health and safety as market controlled.
D) Health and safety as government-regulated ethics.

According to which among the following techniques, would OSHA be persuaded to aim for an optimal, and not, the highest feasible, level of safety?
A) Risk assessment analysis
B) Cost utility analysis
C) Cost affectivity analysis
D) Cost benefit analysis
Identify the distinguishing feature between cost-benefit analysis, and cost-effectiveness.
A) Cost-effectiveness is a longer procedure to implement.
B) Cost-effectiveness uses ethical criteria before setting the standards.
C) Cost-benefit analysis uses economic criteria in setting the standards.
D) Cost-effectiveness uses economic criteria before setting the standards.

Which among the following prohibits the "interception" or unauthorized access of stored communications?
A) Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
B) Computer Security Act of 1987.
C) Privacy Act of 1974.
D) Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.

The threat of compensation acts as an incentive for employers to maintain a reasonably safe and healthy workplace environment most in the situation where the approach to
A) health and safety is as acceptable risk.
B) health and safety is as an ideal.
C) health and safety is government-regulated ethics.
D) health and safety is market controlled.

The enlightened self-interest model of CSR would be a valuable theory to introduce and apply to which among the following approaches to workplace safety and health?
A) Health and safety as market controlled.
B) Health and safety as ideals.
C) Health and safety as acceptable risk.
D) Health and safety as government-regulated ethics
Which among the following professions entails the highest probability of consumers being consenting, but not informed?
A) Insurance
B) Healthcare
C) Automobiles
D) Law

Values that are fundamental across culture are called
A) moral freeness.
B) hypernorms.
C) global norms.
D) universalities.

The _____ depend upon the existence and enforcement of a set of rules that define who has a right to undertake which activities on their own initiative and how the returns from those activities will be allocated.
A) private property right
B) privacy
C) legal system
D) government administration
Privacy can be protected by all of the following three ways except by
A) the constitution.
B) judicial opinions.
C) federal and/or state statutes.
D) common law.

Which among the following provides a strong support for democratic institutions and policies?
A) Utilitarianism
B) Virtue ethics
C) Deontological ethics
D) Social justice

Which among the following methods of constraining a business's activities is beyond dispute?
A) The social responsibility of a firm to prevent harm when one is not the cause for it.
B) The social responsibility of a firm to not cause harm to others.
C) The social responsibility of a firm to obey the law.
D) The social responsibility of a firm to do good.
_____ was part of the same social movement that gave rise to modern democratic market capitalism.
A) Utilitarianism
B) Virtue ethics
C) Deontological ethics
D) Ethical relativis

Utilitarian thinking would promote the following policies except to:
A) deregulate private industry.
B) protect property rights.
C) regulate advertising.
D) allow for free exchanges
According to the text, which among the following is often determined by the company's mission, practice, board, or custom?
A) The prioritization of stakeholders.
B) The generation of profits.
C) Analyzing relationship specifications.
D) Defining the ethical custom.

According to the text, the presumption of which among the following factors leads to an entrenchment of the firm, rather than its enhancement?
A) The decision-making skills of the board.
B) The ethical nature of the firm's leaders.
C) The prioritization of the stakeholders.
D) Employee understanding of the mission.
_____ are those things that we ought, or should, do, even if we would rather not.
A) Responsibilities
B) Decisions
C) Socializations
D) Theories
Which among the following is indicative of the ethical concern over alleged benefits obtained through market exchanges?
A) An informed shopping decision
B) Internet shopping
C) Impulse buying
D) Advertising
In essence, talk about business's _____ is to be concerned with society's interests that restrict or bind business's behavior.
A) profit generation
B) decision-making
C) social responsibilities
D) ethical culture

This type of CSR often exists when a strong leader with a sense of responsibility and connection to the community leads an organization.
A) Social contract model of CSR.
B) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.
C) Enlightened self-interest model of CSR.
D) Individual sense model of CSR.

Which among the following has the closest connection to the utilitarian framework of ethics?
A) Enlightened self-interest model of CSR.
B) "Walk the talk" principle of leadership.
C) Moral imagination.
D) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.
According to which type of ethical framework would child labor in any country be tolerated?
A) Virtue ethics
B) Deontological ethics
C) Utilitarianism
D) Social justice

A responsibility is based on an aspect of some relationship, and is empty of content until
A) that relationship is nurtured.
B) that relationship is described and specified.
C) it is realized in financial terms.
D) the subjects involved in the relationship are ethically sound.
Philosophical ethics seeks foundations that all reasonable people can accept, regardless of their
A) educational background.
B) economical background.
C) cultural background.
D) religious background.
The European Commission has defined CSR as "a concept whereby companies decide voluntarily to contribute to a better society and _____."
A) better opportunities
B) equality of treatment
C) a cleaner environment
D) a freer market system
Two general and connected understandings of privacy have been identified as a right to be 'let alone' within a personal space, and privacy as the
A) right to understand one's emotions.
B) fundamental duty of every citizen.
C) right to control information about others.
D) right to control information about oneself.

The reason the Constitution's Fourth Amendment protection applies only to public sector workplace is because
A) unions exist only in private sector organizations.
B) the private organization does not cater to appeals of unreasonable search or seizure.
C) the Constitution applies only to the state.
D) it is illegal by common law to trespass on private property.

A) Social contract model of CSR.
B) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.
D) Individual sense model of CSR.

C) Moral imagination.
D) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.
Which among the following can be misunderstood to mean that ethical responsibility is not necessary from a corporation's perspective?
C) Social contract model of CSR.
D) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.

According to the text, Mectizan, a drug manufactured by Merck, is provided as an example to explain
A) that a firm's social responsibility includes doing voluntary good.
B) that a firm's social responsibility includes not causing harm to others.
C) that a firm's social responsibility signifies obedience to the law.
D) that a firm's social responsibility entails the prevention of harm.
If the basis for finding an invasion of privacy is often the employee's legitimate and reasonable expectation of privacy, then a situation where there is no real expectation of privacy occurs when
A) the employee has actual notice.
B) the employer is covered under the ECPA.
C) the work requires transference of sensitive data.
D) the employee belongs to a minority group.
The right to privacy, founded in the individual's universal right to autonomy, is restricted by a social contract in our culture which prevents us from infringing on someone else's right to his or her personal autonomy. This is referred to as
A) obligatory independence.
B) fundamental privacy.
C) reciprocal obligation.
D) social autonomy.

Since employers cannot be responsible for providing an ideally safe and healthy place, discussions about these factors revolve around
A) the tangible risks faced by the employees.
B) the relative risks faced by the workers.
C) the relative cost of health coverage for the organization.
D) the optimum security against workplace risk chart.

These business decision-making must move beyond the narrow concern with a stockholder towards considering the impact of decisions on stakeholders.
A) Ethical
B) Technological
C) Human resource
D) Accounting

Learning about the history of ethics through the works of Aristotle, Immanuel Kant etc, involves an approach to ethics that focuses on the
A) descriptive nature of ethics.
B) accountability of human choices.
C) informational content of the class.
D) reasoning behind the action/ decision.
Immanuel Kant argued that there is one fundamental ethical principle that one has to follow, no matter what the consequence. Identify it.
A) Speak the truth always.
B) Remain loyal to family.
C) Respect the dignity of individuals.
D) Always help the poor
In the government-regulated ethics approach to workplace health and safety, _____ can be applied to overcome market failures that result from the lack of information.
A) experience
B) standards
C) ethics
D) creativity.
Among which of the following would both law and ethics say that business should be held liable for violating its responsibilities?
Many businesses looking to hire graduates expect an impetus on teaching not just information and knowledge about ethics, but also:
A) ethical behavior.
B) to train others at the workplace.
C) intervention in case of unethical practices.
D) humanitarian, political and psychological perspectives.
Understanding the change in attitude towards studying business ethics includes the understanding that corporate scandals in the recent past have largely affected _____.
A) stockholders
B) employees
C) directors
D) stakeholders

Which of the following theories has been contended to be most effective when dealing with issues on downsizing within an organization?
A) Social contract model of CSR.
B) Corporate citizenship model of CSR.
D) Individual sense model of CSR.

One sector of economists that view profit maximization as a central idea to corporate social responsibility are following the
A) social justice through fairness framework of ethics.
B) deontological framework of ethics.
C) utilitarian framework of ethics.
D) virtue-based framework of ethics.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Andrea replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer

I'm working on this now and will have it to you very soon.

Thanks!
Andrea
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK
Expert:  Andrea replied 5 years ago.
Customer

I'm sorry, something has come up and I won't be able to do this for you anymore. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you.

Thanks!
Andrea
Expert:  brainpowers replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer

I can help you in these questions.Let me know the last date of submission.

Thanks & Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need this assignment today
I am working on your assignment and will submit you by today night.

Thanks & Regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I will not accept you answer because I have already complete the assignment myself.

It's Okay.

Thanks & Regards,