Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

9. Which of the following sentences is correct For

9. Which of the following sentences is correct?
For the potluck please bring: silverware, beverages, and a dish to share.
Please bring the following items to the potluck: silverware, beverages, and a dish to share.
Silverware, beverages, and a dish to share: are items you need to bring to the potluck.
Please bring: silverware, beverages, and a dish to share to the potluck.

10. Using words or ideas in a paper without properly crediting the source is ___.
Plagiarizing
Creating
Stealing
All of the above

11. Which of the following should be documented in a research essay?
Paraphrase
Direct quote
Summary
All of the above

12. Which of the following should be avoided as a source for an academic research paper?
Wikipedia
Peer-reviewed website
Newspaper
Magazines

13. Which of the following is a poor strategy for linking evidence to your ideas in an argument
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Your post seems to be cut short. There are no choices for question #13. Are there other questions beyond #13? Could you clarify your post?

Thank you

Edited by Chris M. on 9/27/2009 at 2:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a total of 12 questions: Can i repost them, even if I have to give a bit more for a deposit? This is the first time I use this website so note quite sure how to use this website.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Just send all 12 questions as a reply.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Plagiarizing
Creating
Stealing
All of the above

Paraphrase
Direct quote
Summary
All of the above

Wikipedia
Peer-reviewed website
Newspaper
Magazines

13. Which of the following is a poor strategy for linking evidence to your ideas in an argument?
Providing ample surrounding context for every example
Checking your generalizations to see how global they are
Avoiding expert testimony
Examining your assumptions

14. When writing an argumentative essay, which of the following should be avoided?

Presenting only one side of the argument
Presenting opposing viewpoints
Rebutting differing viewpoints
Pointing out common ground

15. In order to create credibility in analytical writing, which one of the following writing strategies might a writer use?
Extended analogy
Distended definition
Hearsay evidence
Abstract detail

16. The idea of "seeking common cause" is to look for _____.
Dispute
Adversaries
Consensus
Judgment

17. When analyzing a text from the perspective of gender, you should consider_____.
The image of maleness or femaleness the writer portrays
The writer's values as compared to those ascribed to U.S. culture
The writer's definition of masculinity or femininity
All of the above

18. When analyzing a text about cyberculture, which idea is least important to consider? Problems technology creates
Advantages technology offers
The writer's attitude toward technology
The neutrality of technology

19. A comparison that makes an unfamiliar subject more familiar to clarify a point is called a(an) _____. Metaphor
Analogy
Quote
Description

20. When analyzing texts and artifacts related to cultural identity, which attributes are important to consider?
Values
Attitudes
Concerns
All of the above

Expert:  Chris M. replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)