HelpfulHomework
HelpfulHomework, Teacher
Experience:  Involved in education in the sciences but hoping to help in any way possible
20314402

can someone help me with this checkpoint Nervous System Diseasesi

can someone help me with this checkpoint:Nervous System Diseases
it says read the case studies in appendix g
identify the nervous system disease the patients in each case are suffering from
outline the causes,effects,and treatment of the diseases by answering the questions in appendix g
post appendix g as an attachment
and please i need this to be answers that have not been used before
can someone help me with this assignment
Category: Homework
Expert:  HelpfulHomework replied 5 years ago.
DearCustomer
Please post appendix g. When is this due?
DM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is due this thursday and i will post the appendix in a few minutes have to pull it up from my appendix it will be a little while
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Case Study 1:

Name

Myelin S. Heath

Patient #

12312312

DOB:

03/05/1986

Physician

Dr. Delgadillo

Date:

02/16/20XX

INTER-OFFICE REFERRAL FORM
Ray D. Ology, M.D.

Doctors-R-Us - North Campus

1515 N. Medical Plaza #151

Anytown, Anywhere 12345

Dear Ray,

Myelin visited my office yesterday complaining of numbness in his right leg and face. He has also been experiencing muscle weakness and mild depression. I noticed a delay in his visual response in both eyes. I have referred Myelin to your facility to have an MRI of the brain and spine. Please fax the results to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

RDelgadillo, M.D.

Ruben Delgadillo, M.D.

Answer the following questions in your own words:

Type your answer here.

1. What nervous system disease is Myelin suffering from?

Type your answer here.

2. What could have caused Myelin's disease?

3. What structure(s) and function(s) of the nervous system are affected by this disease?

Type your answer here.

4. What can be done to treat this disease?

Type your answer here.

Case Study 2:

Name

Jimmy Schwimmer

Patient #

45645645

DOB:

11/03/2002

Physician

Dr. Raychee

Date:

04/21/20XX

INTER-OFFICE REFERRAL FORM

Melissa Neidermayer, M.D.

Doctors-R-Us - North Campus

1515 N. Medical Plaza #203

Anytown, Anywhere 12345

Dear XXXXX,

I'm sending little Jimmy over for a stat spinal tap. He has had a fever for a couple of days, which increased to 102 degrees today. Since yesterday he's been complaining of a headache and stiff neck. His mother said last week he had gone swimming in the pond by their barn and started feeling ill a few days later. Fax results ASAP.

Best,

Terrie Raychee, M.D.

Terrie Raychee, M.D.

Type your answer here.

1. What nervous system disease is Jimmy suffering from?

Type your answer here.

2. What could have caused Jimmy's disease?

3. What structures and functions of the nervous system are affected by this disease?

Type your answer here.

Type your answer here.

DearCustomer
Case Study 1: Myelin S. Heath
Most likely multiple sclerosis

MS is thought to be an autoimmune disease

Myelin is the substance that insulates nerves is destroyed, it can affect any area of the nervous system, in this case, peripheral nerves and the optic nerves (also known as optic neuritis)

beta interferon, a synthetic form of myelin basic protein, called copolymer I (Copaxone), an immunosuppressant treatment, Novantrone (mitoxantrone), a monoclonal antibody, natalizumab (Tysabri), under strict supervision because of significant side effects, and occasionally steroids.

Case Study 2: Jimmy Schwimmer

Meningitis

It sounds as those this is bacterial, common causes include Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus species, Staphylococcus species, and others. Viral meningitis is also possible and less dangerous.

The meninges are affected which is an inflammatory diseases of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord

Antibiotics are used for bacterial meningitis and viral menigitis is usually not treated and resolves on its own

DM
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could you place it in the appendix it has to be an attachment
I'm not sure how to do that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the appendix that i enclosed is where the answers are to go
Case Study 1:

Name
Myelin S. Heath

Patient #
12312312
DOB:
03/05/1986

Physician
Dr. Delgadillo
Date:
02/16/20XX

INTER-OFFICE REFERRAL FORM
Ray D. Ology, M.D.

Doctors-R-Us - North Campus

1515 N. Medical Plaza #151

Anytown, Anywhere 12345

Dear Ray,

Regards,

RDelgadillo, M.D.

Ruben Delgadillo, M.D.

Type your answer here.

multiple sclerosis

Case Study 2:

Name
Jimmy Schwimmer

Patient #
45645645
DOB:
11/03/2002

Physician
Dr. Raychee
Date:
04/21/20XX

INTER-OFFICE REFERRAL FORM

Melissa Neidermayer, M.D.

Doctors-R-Us - North Campus

1515 N. Medical Plaza #203

Anytown, Anywhere 12345

Dear XXXXX,

Best,

Terrie Raychee, M.D.

Terrie Raychee, M.D.

Type your answer here.

Meningitis

The meninges are affected which is an inflammatory disease of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is still not an attachment but i will except your answer and place it in the appendix myself but first are these answers new and never been use before
DearCustomer
Yes, certainly this is all new and original. Please remember that your answers should be posted in your own words as is the policy of all JustAnswer customers and experts.
Please let me know if you have more questions.
DM
HelpfulHomework, Teacher
Experience: Involved in education in the sciences but hoping to help in any way possible
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello i just notice that you are thinking of myelin as a disease but myelin is the patient can you recheck the answer you have given me this is not the answers to the questions
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I need you to do a follow up on the answers you gave me i notice that you were speaking of the patient name as the disease and the answers to the questions are not correct to the what is wrong with the patient

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just wanted to see if you were online and wanted for you to check out my new oosted assignment question to see if you can help me out of this jamm that i'm in