Michael
Michael, Tutor
Experience:  JD - Top 10 Law School; BS in Computer Science & Biology (Honors)

Amniote vertebrates are generally classified into 3 order Reptilia,Ayes(birds),and

Amniote vertebrates are generally classified into 3 order:Reptilia,Ayes(birds),and Mammalia.Of the following,which group of 3 animals contains 1 member of each other?
1) ostrich,american robin,norway rat   2) beluga whale,black-footed ferret,box turtle   3) timber rattlesnake,fence lizard,leopard   4) lion,sea otter,herring gull   5) house sparrow,garter snake,african elephant

As temperatures rises,solids generally become more soluble in water,but gases become lesssoluble.If a soft drink contains high concentrations of sugar and carbon dioxide,which of the following maybe be expected to happen if it is cooled down? a) sugar may precipitate out b) gas bubbles may form and produce foam   c) water may evaporate rapidly
Answer : a) 1only   b) b only   c) a and b only   d) b and c only   e) a and c only

Which of the following is a nonelectrolyte ? a) HNO 3    b) HCL   c) H 2 SO 4     d) C 3 H 8   e.) NaCI (tablesalt)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

I'd be happy to help you with this. My answers are below. If you have any questions, please ask. If this is helpful, please hit Accept, leave positive feedback, and feel free to request me in the future by putting "For Michael" in the subject. Bonuses are appreciated, and thanks for using JustAnswer!

Best,

1) ostrich,american robin,norway rat 2) beluga whale,black-footed ferret,box turtle 3) timber rattlesnake,fence lizard,leopard 4) lion,sea otter,herring gull 5) house sparrow (bird), garter snake (reptile), african elephant (mammal)

As temperatures rises,solids generally become more soluble in water,but gases become lesssoluble.If a soft drink contains high concentrations of sugar and carbon dioxide,which of the following maybe be expected to happen if it is cooled down? a) sugar may precipitate out b) gas bubbles may form and produce foam c) water may evaporate rapidly
Answer : a) 1only (gases are more soluble at colder temperatures, and c doesn't make any sense) b) b only c) a and b only d) b and c only e) a and c only

Which of the following is a nonelectrolyte ? a) HNO 3 b) HCL c) H 2 SO 4 d) C 3 H 8 e.) NaCI (tablesalt)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TO MIKE

Which of the following compounds in the liquid phase can be considered an electrolyte? 1) H 2 O 2) CO2 3) NaCI 4) CuO 5) H 2 O 2

An object accelerates(changes its speed) only if the forces acting on it in one direction are greater than the forces in the opposite direction.All of the following objects will accelerate EXCEPT

1) a gas ballon in which the buoyant is greater than its weight and air resistance 2)a man in a parachute when the air resistance is less than his weight 3) an airplane in horizontal flight when the thrust of the engine is equal to the drag of the air 4) a ball striking a wall,in which the force of the ball on the wall is equal to the force of the wall on the ball 5) a rocket fired straight up,when the engine thrust is equal to the airresistance

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.

1) a gas ballon in which the buoyant is greater than its weight and air resistance 2)a man in a parachute when the air resistance is less than his weight 3) an airplane in horizontal flight when the thrust of the engine is equal to the drag of the air 4) a ball striking a wall,in which the force of the ball on the wall is equal to the force of the wall on the ball 5) a rocket fired straight up,when the engine thrust is equal to the airresistance (not the rocket because it ignores the weight)

Michael, Tutor
Experience: JD - Top 10 Law School; BS in Computer Science & Biology (Honors)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TO MICHAEL

The Smiths have 4 children,all girls.Their fifth child is a boy.Why did this change occur?

1) the conception classes by the parents 2) the timing of the fertility cycles 3) the mother`s contribution of a Y chromosome 4) the father`s contribution of a Y chromosome 5) the " law of averages"finally catching up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air is composed of nitrogen,argon,carbon dioxide,and other gases.How may air be best described?

1)a compound 2) a mixture 3) a solution 4) an alloy 5) an amalgam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table salt-sodium chloride,one of the most common substances occuring in nature-is best classified as which of the following? 1) a compound 2) a mixture 3) a solution 4) an alloy 5) an amalgam

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Michael, Tutor