Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Former straight A Student - Now Mom
Experience:  Degrees in Eng., econ; JD (law), MBA, former valedictorian & winner of academic scholarship
2911261

How do you Harvard reference Gibbs (1988) as each book I look

Customer Question

How do you Harvard reference Gibbs (1988) as each book I look at just gives a cited book, not the original details, can you help please.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about proper citation for a text book or are you trying to find out the original publication date for a text book?

Is the format you are using for citations the "Harvard" method or some other method (such as APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.)?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi

I am using the Harvard technique of referencing, although I know how to reference a cited in book, the Gibbs (1988) reference in each of the books I have looked at only give a cited in another reference book, so I need to know where did Gibbs (1988) reflective essay model first appear, so that I can give that information and then the book it is cited in.

Customer/p>

DearCustomer

I do not understand why you need the "original" citation when you can simply use the fact that you have obtained Gibbs from a different source? It is normally fine to cite a source quoted by another source as long as you provide the information that the source, "Gibbs" here, is as presented in another source.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi

This is how we have been told to write our references. We can have the cited book but we are supposed to have the original info too.

Milgram, S (1963) ‘Behavioural Study of Obedience.' Journal of Abnormal and Social Psychology 67: pp371-8. Cited in Cardwell, M., Clark, L., and Meldrum, C. (2003) 3rd Edn In Psychology for A Level. London: Harper Collins

Okay,

Please provide me with the date, orginal name, and full name of Gibbs so that I can track down the original publication.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Gibbs G(1988) cited in Burns and Bulman (eds) Learning by doing a guide to teaching and learning methods. Oxford: Further Education Unit, Oxford: Brooks

Also cited in Grandis S, Long G, Glasper A Jackson P (Eds) (2003) Foundation Studies for Nursing Using Enquiry-Based Learning, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.

This is all I know other than this is a reflective essay model.

DearCustomer

The original citation may be found at the bottom of this page here. The name of the work and the citation appears just below the graphic of the reflective cycle.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Sorry the link does not want to open.

Customer/p>
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying £3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi

As you can see from my previous reply where I supplied this reference, this is the one I have already got. Thanks for trying I will speak to the Uni and see what they say.

Regards

Customer/p>