1. Which one of the following factors is negative aspect of group?
A. Conformity B. Norms C. Groupthink D. Cohesiveness
2. What term describes the principle by which group working together can produce more than individuals working alone?
A. Synergism B. Empowerment C. Centralization D. Scalar principle
3. The matrix form of organization is a:A. Structure that results when staff specialists are added to a line organization B. Way of forming project teams within the traditional line and staff organization C. Form that consists of two core groups D. Temporary network of companies linked by information technology
4. Which one of the following tools includes the specific tasks and duty to be performed by an employee?
A. Job analysis B. Job specification C. Job description D. Skill inventory
5. Which of these statements best characterizes the contingency approach?A. Nearly all situations can be handle well through a universal organizational structure B. The variables in a corporation shouldn’t affect its organizational structure C. Most situations are managed best by grouping jobs into relate job units D. Different situations and conditions require different organizational structures
6. Organic systems are characterized by:
A. A rigid definition of functional duties and precise job descriptions B. A narrow division of works and specialized tasks C. Somewhat flexible and informal job descriptions D. The ordering of control, authority, and communication in a hierarchical manner
7. What is the major problem with a horizontal division of labor?
A. Jobs can become boring B. Tasks are constantly changing C. Jobs are too difficult for unskilled worker D. Tasks are time- consuming
8. The traditional view of authority is called the:
A. Follett theory of authority B. Acceptance theory of authority C. Barnard theory of authority D. Formal theory of authority
9. According to equity theory, when workers perceive an inequity, they will:
A. Always increase their efforts in the future B. Leave for a similar job in a different organization C. Try to reestablish an equitable feeling in number of ways D. Generally be mistaken in their perceptions
10. According to Maslow’s theory, what happens when a need satisfied?
A. The needs disappears and won’t appear again B. Another higher level need emerges that need to be satisfied C. The need will continue to motivate a person but not as strongly D. The person will become motivated by more money
11. Which statement is most accurate regarding to reinforcement theory?
A. Attainable goals lead to high levels of motivation under certain conditions B. Perceptions of unfairness are view as punishments and reduce productivity C. Management style is based on next extent to which worker behaviors are reinforced D. Positive and negative reinforce motivate a person to behave in a certain way
12. Harry Leggett has worked for Stanley Industries for a number of years. He has just been passed over the promotion-again. Therefore, he’s considering leaving his employer. He believes that his manager don’t appreciate his abilities. The only problem is that he really likes his coworkers. Harry is mainly concerned with satisfying ____needs:
A. Esteem B. Social C. Self-actualization D. Safety
13. One of Herzberg’s hygiene factors is:
A. Achievement B. The work itself C. Salary D. Recognition
14. The two aspects of an effective operating system are designed and:
A. Control B. Implementation C. Standardization D. Ease of use
15. Which one of the following statements describes the actions of an organization practicing TQM?(total quality management):
A. Maximize ROI B. Emphasize the short term C. Make improvement goals easy and attainable D. Make customer needs the highest priority
16. A lower value of the U.S. dollar means that:
A. The American dollar is worth more when purchasing a foreign-made good B. A dollar would be traded for less currency than normal C. The American dollar isn’t backed by gold D. The dollar can’t be used in international trade
17. Discussing the future of management, Manager A maintains that we can expect a continued rise of virtual management and growth in technology. Manager B acknowledges that manager A’s projections are likely but incomplete. He adds that there will also be an increased focus on ethics and social responsibility, as well as increased focus gaining competitive advantages. What is wrong with Manager B’s argument?
A. There’s nothing wrong with Manager B’s argument. He’s correct B. Manager B fails to define ethical social responsibility C. Manager B is incorrect in projecting an increased focus on competitive advantage D. Manager B is incorrect in accepting Manager A’s views on the growth of virtual management
18. When the value of exports from the country exceeds the value of the imports into that country, the country experience a/an:
A. Trade deficit B. Balance of payments C. Trade surplus D. Unfavorable balance of trade
19. To be effective, a code of ethics must be:
A. Voluntary B. Collaborative C. Enforced D. Prepared by top management
20. What is one reason for creating a diverse workforce?
A. Employee population is increasingly homogeneous B. Customer population is decreasingly diverse C. Increasing diversity minimize the risk of litigation D. Retaining top talent means recruiting more Asian
21. Cuba has fertile land, a warm and sunny climate, and inexpensive labor. Great Britain has less fertile soil, a colder and rainier climate, and more expensive labor. Given the same combination of inputs, Cuba would produce much more coffee than Great Britain. Therefore, Cuba has a/an ____ in production of coffee?
A. Absolute advantage B. Licensing advantage C. Competitive advantage D. Comparative advantage
22. The main purpose of an ERP is to:
A. Monitor the quality of goods in production B. Provide a framework for implementing change in the workplace C. Evaluate a company’s ability to exist in the global marketplace D. Provide instant access to information required for decision making
23. Amazon.com is an example of a:
A. Click and mortar online vendor B. Brick and mortar virtual organization C. B2B organization D. Retail outlet with many branches
24. The idea that countries should produce and sell goods that they produce most effectively is expressed in the concept of:
A. Absolute advantage B. Comparative advantage C. International advantage D. Free trade
25. A wholesaler or agent who markets products for companies wanting to do business aboard is called a:
A. Licensing agent B. Marketing agent C. Foreign intermediary D. Wholesaling agent
Here are the answers...hope they help.
Select the best answers:
1. Which one of the following is a defensive strategy?
B. Vertical integration
2. Graham maintains that formulation and implementation are phases in the strategic management process. Yolanda maintains that evaluation and estimation are also part of this process. Who is correct?
A. Yolanda is correct
B. Both Graham and Yolanda are correct
C. Graham is correct
D. Neither Graham nor Yolanda is correct
3. What tool was developed as a result of the Ohio State Studies?
A. Managerial grid
B. Least preferred coworker scale
C. Continuum of leader behavior
D. Leadership Behavior Description Questionnaire
4. Which one of the following quotes suggests a leader with an attitude consistent with Theory Y?
A. "These people hate work. If possible, they would never come in."
B. "My advice to you as a new manager is to be firm with your people. Otherwise, they won't put out any effort to achieve our goals."
C. "My employees have very little ambition. All they want is to know their jobs are secure."
D. "My people are committed to our organization's objectives because they know what's in it for them."
5. At the office, Jacob knows from his boss that his need will be met as long as Jacob performs his duties successfully. What theory of leadership does Jacob's boss follow?
A. Situational leadership theory
B. Transformational leadership theory
C. Path goal theory
D. Fiedler's contingency theory
6. Basically speaking, a contingency plan is a ___ plan
C. Crisis management
7. Which statement best defines the concept of empowerment?
A. Employees are promoted to higher levels of management
B. Power is taken away from subordinates to increase managerial efficiency
C. Power is spread equally among all levels of management
D. Subordinates have substantial authority to make decisions
8. Which one of the following functions has a greatest potential for being outsourced?
B. Human resources
9. The term group norms refers to the:
A. Informal rule a group adopts to regulate its member's behavior
B. Degrees of attraction each member has for a group
C. Degrees to which members of a group accept the expectations of the group
D. Cohesiveness of a group
10. Suppose the Vietnamese government imposes a tax on imported goods. What is this tax called?
11. A group of shoe manufacturers in the United State, Japan, Germany, and England have pooled resources to gain a larger market. What is this arrangement called?
A. Strategic alliance
B. Multinational corporation
C. Licensing agreement
D. foreign intermediary
Victor was robbed and beaten by a man wearing a rubber