EXAMINATION NUMBER 08403900
1. In addition to providing average wholesale pricing, federal upper limits on pricing, and retail pricing for OTC products, this drug information source also provides comprehensive directories listing pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmaceutical wholesalers, and third-party administrators.A. The Red Book B. Hospital Pharmacy C. Merck Manual D. Index Nominum
2. Which source will provide the best dosing information for a five-year-old child? A. Geriatric Dosage Handbook B. American Drug Index C. The second volume of the USP DI D. Pediatric Dosage Handbook
3. Which source is organized by body systems with information on treatment using OTC items? A. American Drug Index B. PDR for Nonprescription Drugs C. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs D. Physicians’ Desk Reference
I would be willing to work on this one for you also.
It looks like all of the questions did not post though.
1. In addition to providing average wholesale pricing, federal upper limits on pricing, and retail pricing for OTC products, this drug information source also provides comprehensive directories listing pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmaceutical wholesalers, and thirdA. The Red BookB. Hospital PharmacyC. Merck ManualD. Index Nominum
2. Which source will provide the best dosing information for a fiveA. Geriatric Dosage HandbookB. American Drug IndexC. The second volume of the USP DID. Pediatric Dosage Handbook
3. Which source is organized by body systems with information on treatment using OTC items?A. American Drug IndexB. PDR for Nonprescription DrugsC. Handbook of Nonprescription DrugsD. Physicians' Desk Reference
4. Which source gives patient drug information in lay language?A. The first volume of the USP DIB. The second volume of the USP DIC. Drug Facts & ComparisonsD. AHFS Drug Information
5. Which of the following would be considered a primary source of information?A. An original research reportB. An indexC. An abstractD. A consumer Web site
6. Which source lists drugs alphabetically and identifies a generic name of a brandA. Patient Drug FactsB. Drug News WeeklyC. American Drug IndexD. Clinical Pharmacology
7. Which electronic resource covers FDAA. LexiB. DRUGDEX by MicromedexC. Medical Drug ReferenceD. Drug Topics
8. What online resource would you use to search for a medical abbreviation or acronym as well finding a particular drug manufacturer?A. The Merck ManualB. FormularyC. HIPAAD. MediLexicon
9. Which source provides the best worldwide drug coverage and is published by the Pharmaceutical Press in London with an electronic version available by Thomson Micromedex?A. Martindale: The Complete Drug ReferenceB. The Merck ManualC. AHFS Drug InformationD. USP/NF (United States Pharmacopeia/National Formulary)
10. In which one of the following sources can a pharmacist find brief descriptions of disease conditions and treatments?A. King Guide to Parenteral AdmixturesB. Physicians' Desk ReferenceC. The Merck ManualD. Package inserts
11. Which of the following sources is found in most pharmacies and is often used for brand and generic names?A. Formulary AdvisorB. Drug Facts & ComparisonsC. DrugDigestD. Patient Drug Facts
12. The Handbook on Injectable Drugs is most useful for information onA. providing patient information for injectable drugs.B. generic name identification.C. brandD. compatibility with other drugs.
13. What is the name of a WebA. DrugDigestB. PubMed Reader/MEDLINE ReaderC. USP DID. Epocrates
14. Which of the following statements about a package insert is correct?A. It's produced by the FDA.B. Copies can be found in the USP/NF.C. It doesn't have all the necessary information to safely prescribe a product.D. It contains only information approved by the FDA.
15. The Physicians' Desk Reference line of products includesA. the Concise Guide for Pharmacists.B. the journal called Pharmacotherapy.C. MedlinePlus.D. Drug Information Handbook.
16. Which one of the following is a printed source of information intended specifically for patient education?A. The Physicians' Desk ReferenceB. Drug Facts & ComparisonsC. The second volume of the USP DID. The American Drug Index
17. Which drug information source is published quarterly and provides information to reduce risks associated with combining and/or switching medications?A. The Merck ManualB. The United States Pharmacopeia Dispensing Information (USP DI)C. FormularyD. Hansten and Horn's Drug Interactions Analysis and Management
18. Which of the following statements about the NDC numbers is correct?A. NDC stands for National Drug Coalition.B. NDC numbers are assigned to all prescription and nonprescription drugs, as well as durable medical equipment.C. The first two digits identify the manufacturer.D. NDC numbers are required for all prescription medicines.
19. Which of the following pharmacy periodicals produces online information for retail management and store operations?A. Pharmacy Choice NewsletterB. Drug News WeeklyC. Drug TopicsD. Pharmacy Times
20. In addition to comprehensive manufacturer listings, the _______ contains pharmaceutical wholesaler and thirdA. DrugDigestB. Drug Topics Red BookC. Drug Information HandbookD. Pharmacy Times