I would be willing to work on this one for you also...It looks like all of the questions did not post though.
EXAMINATION NUMBER 08403900
1. In addition to providing average wholesale pricing, federal
upper limits on pricing, and retail pricing for OTC products,
this drug information source also provides comprehensive
directories listing pharmaceutical manufacturers, pharmaceutical
wholesalers, and third-party administrators.
A. The Red Book
B. Hospital Pharmacy
C. Merck Manual
D. Index Nominum
2. Which source will provide the best dosing information for a
A. Geriatric Dosage Handbook
B. American Drug Index
C. The second volume of the USP DI
D. Pediatric Dosage Handbook
3. Which source is organized by body systems with information
on treatment using OTC items?
A. American Drug Index
B. PDR for Nonprescription Drugs
C. Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs
D. Physicians' Desk Reference
4. Which source gives patient drug information in lay language?
A. The first volume of the USP DI C. Drug Facts & Comparisons
B. The second volume of the USP DI D. AHFS Drug Information
5. Which of the following would be considered a primary source of information?
A. An original research report
B. An index
C. An abstract
D. A consumer Web site
6. Which source lists drugs alphabetically and identifies a generic name of a brand-name
A. Patient Drug Facts C. American Drug Index
B. Drug News Weekly D. Clinical Pharmacology
7. Which electronic resource covers FDA-approved and investigational prescription and
nonprescription drugs, as well as non-U.S. preparations?
B. DRUGDEX by Micromedex
C. Medical Drug Reference
D. Drug Topics
8. What online resource would you use to search for a medical abbreviation or acronym
as well finding a particular drug manufacturer?
A. The Merck Manual C. HIPAA
B. Formulary D. MediLexicon
9. Which source provides the best worldwide drug coverage and is published by the
Pharmaceutical Press in London with an electronic version available by Thomson
A. Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference
B. The Merck Manual
C. AHFS Drug Information
D. USP/NF (United States Pharmacopeia/National Formulary)
10. In which one of the following sources can a pharmacist find brief descriptions of
disease conditions and treatments?
A. King Guide to Parenteral Admixtures
B. Physicians' Desk Reference
C. The Merck Manual
D. Package inserts
11. Which of the following sources is found in most pharmacies and is often used for brand
and generic names?
A. Formulary Advisor C. DrugDigest
B. Drug Facts & Comparisons D. Patient Drug Facts
12. The Handbook on Injectable Drugs is most useful for information on
A. providing patient information for injectable drugs.
B. generic name identification.
C. brand-name identification.
D. compatibility with other drugs.
13. What is the name of a Web-based research program that allows you to search
databases produced by the National Library of Medicine?
A. DrugDigest C. USP DI
B. PubMed Reader/MEDLINE Reader D. Epocrates
14. Which of the following statements about a package insert is correct?
A. It's produced by the FDA.
B. Copies can be found in the USP/NF.
C. It doesn't have all the necessary information to safely prescribe a product.
D. It contains only information approved by the FDA.
15. The Physicians' Desk Reference line of products includes
A. the Concise Guide for Pharmacists.
B. the journal called Pharmacotherapy.
D. Drug Information Handbook.
16. Which one of the following is a printed source of information intended specifically for
A. The Physicians' Desk Reference
B. Drug Facts & Comparisons
D. The American Drug Index
17. Which drug information source is published quarterly and provides information to
reduce risks associated with combining and/or switching medications?
A. The Merck Manual
B. The United States Pharmacopeia Dispensing Information (USP DI)
D. Hansten and Horn's Drug Interactions Analysis and Management
18. Which of the following statements about the NDC numbers is correct?
A. NDC stands for National Drug Coalition.
B. NDC numbers are assigned to all prescription and nonprescription drugs, as well as
durable medical equipment.
C. The first two digits identify the manufacturer.
D. NDC numbers are required for all prescription medicines.
19. Which of the following pharmacy periodicals produces online information for retail
management and store operations?
A. Pharmacy Choice Newsletter
B. Drug News Weekly
C. Drug Topics
D. Pharmacy Times
20. In addition to comprehensive manufacturer listings, the _______ contains pharmaceutical
wholesaler and third-party administrator directories.
B. Drug Topics Red Book
C. Drug Information Handbook