ResearchPro
ResearchPro, Tutor/College Instructor
Experience:  20+ Years Experience Tutoring/Teaching in Various Fields
12965337

LOCKED This question is

Use the form in Appendix E to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for
each source.
CRT 205 Critical Thinking
o Provide the title of the source.
o Provide the source citation. Locate the citation by clicking on the Source Citation
link at the top of the page when viewing the source.
o Identify the principal issue presented by the source.
o Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.
o Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.
o Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.
o Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain
how you determined this.
o Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you
determined this.
o State one argument made by the author.
o Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.
o Is the author's argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain
how you determined this.
o Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.
? Post Appendix E as an attachment.

There are 4 sections in Appendix E tried to paste but did not come out right but it startes from 1-10. The too (topic questions are Capital Punishment and Crime. If you need anymore info let me know.
Category: Homework
Expert:  ResearchPro replied 5 years ago.

I would be happy to do this for you, couple of questions:

1. When is it due?

2. May I use my own sources for the critique, or do you have some you'd like me to focus upon?

Kelvin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hello Kelvin, Thank you for your reply

Yes you can use your critique, if you need any thing else let me know. There are four 1-10 source citations

And thank you again
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry, it is due this friday coming.
OK, got it, I will finish it up early for you so you have a chance to revise if needed!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you, XXXXX XXXXX are a lifesaver.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Kevin,

My instructor just e-mailed this to me so I thought I would let you look at it. There are four forms for each source given ( Capital Punishment and Crime)

Critical Analysis Form Instructions

Fill out one form for each source.

Source 1 Title and Citation: Refer to the Writing Style Handbook if you are not clear on citation style. This is very important. If I cannot access the article, I cannot grade it! If you scroll to the bottom of the article the full tile and citation will usually be listed there. You can copy and paste this information so you know you have all the correct information.

1

Identify the principal issue presented by the source.

Recall that an issue is raised when a claim is in question. What is the claim being debated in this article?

Resource: Chapter 1

2

Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

It’s likely that there will be examples of bias for you to find. Use quotations from the article to support your claims. If you truly cannot find any examples of bias, explain how the author managed to present the issue and his/her viewpoint without any (it is very unlikely that no bias exists). It is not enough to simply state that there is no evidence of bias. A detailed explanation is required.

3

Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

Does the author present arguments that are vague or not fully detailed? Are there areas of the essay in which detail is lacking? Explain those here and give examples (quotes). If you can’t find any areas of ambiguity or vagueness, explain how you determined that none exist, giving examples to support your claim.

Resource: Chapter 2

4

Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.

Consider the author’s background/experience, tone, interest in or relationship to the issue, consistency with other authors whose works you’ve read on the same topic, conflict with your personal observations, and more. Be sure to give specific details of how you arrived at your determination of credibility.

Resource: Chapter 3

5

Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

As with bias, it will be extremely unlikely that there will not be any examples of rhetoric to be found. Give examples (quotes) and name the specific devices you find. If you cannot find any devices, explain how the author managed to present the issue and his/her viewpoint without any (it is very unlikely that there are no rhetorical devices). It is not enough to simply state that there are no Rhetorical Devices used – a detailed explanation is required.

Resource: Chapter 4

6

Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you determined this.

Give examples (quotes) and name the specific fallacies you find. If you cannot find any fallacies, explain how the author managed to present the issue and his/her viewpoint without any (it is very unlikely that no fallacies were used). It is not enough to simply state that there are no fallacies – a detailed explanation is required.

Resource: Chapters 5 and 6

7

State one argument made by the author.

Succinctly identify one argument presented in the article. Be careful not to merge multiple arguments or to add details not present in the article. (remember – an argument has a premise(s) and conclusion)

Resource: Chapters 1 and 7

8

Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.

Use a direct quotation to identify the argument you stated above. Then outline the premise(s) and conclusion of that argument. (should be the exact same argument you presented in item 7, but now break out the premise(s) and conclusion)
Resource: Chapters 1 and 7

9

Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain how you determined this.

Evaluate the argument on the terms listed at left and explain how you reached your decision. Avoid circular logic (this argument is strong because the premises are strong). Include all relevant evaluation factors. Be sure to offer an answer to each pairing, using the evaluation methods from the text.
1) valid/invalid
2) sound/weak
3) strong/weak

Resource: Chapter 7

10

Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.

Identify moral reasoning with a direct quote from the article. Explain how you reached your decision.
It is not enough to simply state that the author did or did not use moral reasoning.

Resource: Chapter 12

Here ya go! ENJOY!

CLICK HERE!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Kevin,

Dude thank you so much, but you have forgoten the second one on crime. There were two Topics. I am sorry if I was not clear. Can you still help me?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hope you are ok with doing the second one on The topic Crime. let me know, and if i have to add a little more to what is given, I will.

Thank you in advance
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
? Resources: Appendix A, Appendix E, and the University Library
Here is the assignment, I am going to add $20 more for your trouble, I am sorry for not being clear.

? Due Date: Day 7 [Individual forum]
? Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that interest you and
locate a set of materials from the database for each topic. If you choose school violence
as one of your topics, for example, you might find a magazine article that argues that
violence in the media causes school violence and a Web site that persuasively argues
that violence in the media is not responsible for school violence.
? Conduct a similar search for your second topic. When finished, you should have two
sources per topic. Note: You may use sources from any combination of the Viewpoints,
Magazines, Academic Journals, News (use sources marked Editorial and Column), and
Web sites database sections.
? Use the form in Appendix E to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for
each source.
Oh, I'm sorry - I did not see that - sure, I can fix that for you today!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
ResearchPro, Tutor/College Instructor
Experience: 20+ Years Experience Tutoring/Teaching in Various Fields
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dude Thank you so much.