Tutor Tina
Tutor Tina, Tutor
Experience:  2yrs of college 3.76 GPA University of Phoenix Criminal Justice 10 yrs tutoring 10 yrs Essay &Resea
8366781

1. Which of the following is an element of community policing A.

Customer Question

1. Which of the following is an element of community policing?
A. Maintaining an anonymous relationship with the community
B. Focusing on emergency response
C. Encouraging citizens to help in preventing and solving crimes
D. Moving decision making and discretion upward to office supervisors

2. Which of the following is an element of the theory of policing as a crime control force?
A. Police officers are soldiers in a war against crime.
B. Criminals can be basically good people who have gone wrong.
C. Police officers aren’t the only experts in society who understand the enemy.
D. Police officers must “follow the book” and not exercise their own discretion when on the streets.

3. Which of the following theories holds that each citizen gives up complete liberty in return for societal protection against others?
A. Natural law theory C. Police as a public servant theory
B. Social contract theory D. Rawls’s theory

4. The formal law enforcement code of ethics promoted by the International Association of Chiefs of Police is what kind of code?
A. One that provides principles or guidelines that relate to the value system of the
organization
B. One that provides mandatory rules of conduct that can serve as the basis of discipline
C. An aspirational code that specifies ideal behavior
D. A general code that vaguely describes the tenets of professional conduct

5. The formal code of ethics for law enforcement stresses which of the following values?
A. Importance of the law C. Egoism
B. Police officers’ subculture D. Police officers as crime fighters

6. Which of the following factors drives police actions the most?
A. Code of ethics C. Political pressures
B. Rule book D. Police subculture

7. Which of the following factors is involved in the disparity between police subcultural values and the code of ethics?
A. Feeling victimized C. Lack of cynicism
B. Feeling like public servants D. A feeling of social belonging

8. Which of the following actions is consistent with the police subculture?
A. Respect for individual rights C. Use of illegal investigation tactics
B. Restraint in the use of force D. Always telling the truth

9. Which of the following factors is universally agreed upon as part of a police officer’s
domain?
A. Discretion
B. Public service
C. Differential treatment of special groups
D. Acceptance of gratuities

10. Which of the following systems of belief justifies the action of an officer who doesn’t issue a ticket to a fellow off-duty officer who was speeding?
A. Utilitarianism C. Ethical formalism
B. Egoism D. Religion

11. Which of the following is condoned in certain situations by some law enforcement
theorists?
A. Graft C. Bribes
B. Gratuities D. Shakedowns

12. You’re a police officer whose partner forgot to read the Miranda rights to a man suspected of sexually abusing three minors (and almost killing one of them). The suspect has no remorse. You decide not to admit that he didn’t get his Miranda rights because you don’t want to give him a “get-out-of-jail-free card.” Which of the following factors condones this behavior?
A. Police subculture
B. Formal law enforcement code of ethics
C. Ethics of virtue
D. Ethical formalism

13. Which of the following is not involved in undercover police officer work?
A. Strict enforcement of the code of ethics
B. Loss of identity
C. Sacrifice of personal integrity
D. Observance of or participation in illegal activities

14. Which of the following ethical systems would most likely support the use of informants and deception?
A. Ethics of care C. Religious ethics
B. Ethical formalism D. Utilitarian ethics

15. Which of the following statements is true about police officer loyalty?
A. Many police officers in various departments are slowly losing loyalty to each
other because of race and gender diversification in the force.
B. The code of silence is mostly a myth.
C. Loyalty isn’t extended in a rational way.
D. Departmental loyalty is mostly a negative factor because it leads to corruption and cover-ups.

16. Under the ethics of care, an intimate relationship between a police officer and a target
of an undercover investigation is
A. ethical because the relationship between two people is more important than rights, duties, and laws.
B. ethical because trust between two people is more important than the social good.
C. unethical because you can’t use a person (through feigned affection, caring) as a means to an end.
D. unethical because you can’t betray a trust.

17. Under the utilitarian ethical system, investigative deception is
A. ethical because it’s good for the individual police officer.
B. ethical because it’s the best means to a positive end, such as busting drug sales,
prostitution, and organized-crime activities.
C. unethical because it sets a bad precedent.
D. unethical because you can’t use a person or the act of lying as a means to an end.

18. Under the egoism ethical system, gratuities are
A. unethical because you have to be true to your integrity and morals.
B. unethical because you shouldn’t tarnish your reputation.
C. ethical because they make you feel good, especially if you feel that the gratuity is
deserved.
D. ethical because the end result is positive for the entire police department.

19. Which of the following statements is true?
A. Under the formal ethical code, police officers can accept gratuities from business
owners as long as they follow some specific rules.
B. There’s a vast difference between the formal code of ethics and actual police behavior.
C. If the department head is ethical, then the whole department is ethical.
D. The “blue curtain of silence” has been wiped out in most departments.

20. Which of the following statements is false?
A. Loyalty is crucial to a well-run department.
B. The formal code of ethics aspires to create the ideal police officer.
C. Police discretion is demonstrated through the selection of targeted individuals.
D. Police undercover stings, in which cops set up fencing operations to buy stolen goods, can be supported by all ethical systems as long as they’re good for the community.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Tutor Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello kkk1974,
I will be happy to complete this for you. When do you need this by?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
in 2days is it possible if so i have 2more assignments for u
Yes I will have this completed before the weekend is over. I would love to look at your other assignments as well. When you post them please put "This question is for Tina" in the first line. Criminal Justice is my area of expertise and I would love to help you with all your assignments. Go ahead and post the questions and due dates so that I budget my time wisely and do not overbook myself. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok then finish this
Sounds like a plan. I will be in touch with you soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is it ready or else i have to look for someone else

I am doing it as we speak.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Tutor Tina, Tutor
Experience: 2yrs of college 3.76 GPA University of Phoenix Criminal Justice 10 yrs tutoring 10 yrs Essay &Resea
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do i see answers where is the answer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can u pls check when i click answer there is nothing it goes to question box...can pls send me answers i just click accept already
  1. C
  2. A
  3. B
  4. C
  5. D
  6. D
  7. B
  8. B
  9. A
  10. A
  11. D
  12. A
  13. A
  14. D
  15. A
  16. C
  17. B
  18. A
  19. B
  20. D

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tina i think there is confusion u need to give me answer for all 20questions not just 1question
Yes I am confused. I answered 20 questions. Please help me understand what I missing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i got it now i see 20answers ...thanks but 7 answers are wrong
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi tina i have one more assignment for you would like to take it